ok so is the data plan that costs $29.99, does that include unlimited internet and email? i just read someone put unlimeted and then they put 5gb... which is it??? I am on the Internet on my phone ALOT and i do alot of emailing on my phone... and i cant go over on any charges... HELP
    09-17-08 08:57 PM
    Get unlimited data. Bottom line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 08:58 PM
    Yes but the options are the $29.99 or the $50.00 do they both include unlimited?
    09-17-08 09:00 PM
    The 44.99 plan is for bes. The 29.99 is bis. You do not need bes. Its for enterprise accounts. Just get bis.

09-17-08 09:01 PM
    Thank you so much... i have been talking back and forth with vzw for the last 3 days and they didnt answer that.. and then I ask yall and you answer me in 2 minutes.... Thnx
    09-17-08 09:03 PM
    They are both unlimited. Read the other 9000 threads about the difference.

Between browsing and emailing, there's no way you could ever use 5GB of data. I send and receive about 40-50 emails a day in addition to heavy web use and finish the month under 75MB every month.

09-17-08 09:04 PM
    You're welcome. You're right. Vzw will stick you on bes regardless just to get your money. It happens all the time, and frankly makes me angry. There's no reason to take advantage of customers in such a manner.

09-17-08 09:04 PM
    They are both unlimited. Read the other 9000 threads about the difference.

Between browsing and emailing, there's no way you could ever use 5GB of data. I send and receive about 40-50 emails a day in addition to heavy web use and finish the month under 75MB every month.

Yes, they are both unlimited. But the op doesn't need bes.

And I wouldn't tell someone they could never use over a certain amount of data. I know I would personally go over 5GB of data with ease each month.

09-17-08 09:06 PM
    All of you have to remember that the 5 gig thing is for tethering, it doesn't have anything to do with your Berries.

09-19-08 09:55 AM
    If you hit 5 GB in one month then you are doing some serious serious browsing and such. I just looked and I have used 40 MB this month. Which isnt a lot, but still my term is almost up so 40 MB for one billing cycle. Just think how much you would have to use your phone to get 5 GB worth in one month.

If you read the terms you can see it says "Unlimited" is for up to 5 GB. Like I just stated though...you would really really really have to use your phone like all day every day streaming and looking at photos to hit that 5 GB limit. During a month of normal everyday use you could never come close to that "unlimited" cut off.
    Last edited by jdubau55; 09-19-08 at 10:08 AM.
    09-19-08 10:06 AM
    If you hit 5 GB in one month then you are doing some serious browsing and such. I just looked and I have used 40 MB this month. Which isnt a lot, but still my term is almost up so 40 MB for one billing cycle. Just think how much you would have to use your phone to get 5 GB worth in one month.

If you read the terms you can see it says "Unlimited" is for up to 5 GB. Like I just stated though...you would really really have to use your phone like all day every day streaming and looking at photos to hit that 5 GB limit. During a month of normal everyday use you could never come close to that "unlimited" cut off.
    I would just like to reiterate the fact that jdubau55 is correct, if you read the fine print the 5gb limit is applied to BlackBerry data usage and also to tethering plans. I have argued and posted this information previously and it can be found in the Verizon TOS. And without tethering going over 5gb would be quite the feat for most of us.

09-19-08 01:35 PM
    Question: Is connecting through Bluetooth considered the same as tethering as far as usage goes???
    09-19-08 02:15 PM
    IF you can get it to work and yes it is the same as tethering. much slower and hard on the BB battery
    09-19-08 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD