Hey everyone,
    One of my co-workers has been having a lot of problems with Verizon every since they merged with Altel. Well, today she called about the coverage and tried all the updates they gave her and they also got a 'technical ticket' for her, and none of it worked.After many hours on the phone (boss wasn't to happy about it) I heard her ask for a free Verizon phone (because it may be a phone issue) and they told her No! I was so shocked bc I never had a phone comapany not try to make the service work! is that normal for Verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 05:33 PM
    If it was a phone issue, how is that the reponsibility of any carrier? You're not leasing the phone - you buy it or are given one in exchange for a commitment.

Since we don't know where she is, the VZW reps here probably can't give info on conversion areas.

10-13-09 05:50 PM
    Sounds like they tried for hours to "make the service work".

10-13-09 05:52 PM
    I'm not asking for myself, I'm asking for a co-worker, and her husband has a verizon phone and his service works fine. I think that is why she questioned the phone.

Thanks. . .

10-13-09 08:24 PM
    Not entirely sure how that trouble ticket got resolved in the same phone call, but I know the lag time is several days on trouble tickets. Something is not adding up. Could be the phone, its definitely possible if hubby has great service, but trouble tickets do not get resolved while you're on the phone with the rep which is why the phone request probably was denied.
    10-13-09 08:54 PM
    Yeah. . . I don't know. I do know that she said she's called before and went through the same hoops, and today she was really frustrated. Oh well...

10-13-09 09:38 PM
    Oh well, if it mattered enough she could just buy a new phone.
    10-14-09 07:31 AM
    trouble tickets are taking in upwards to 10 days to be resolved. you have to be patient
    10-14-09 01:10 PM
    Hey everyone,
    One of my co-workers has been having a lot of problems with Verizon every since they merged with Altel. Well, today she called about the coverage and tried all the updates they gave her and they also got a 'technical ticket' for her, and none of it worked.After many hours on the phone (boss wasn't to happy about it) I heard her ask for a free Verizon phone (because it may be a phone issue) and they told her No! I was so shocked bc I never had a phone comapany not try to make the service work! is that normal for Verizon?
    Is it typical for Verizon not to hand out free phones when people ask for them? Thats typical for any company. Phones cost money, actually a lot of money. Seeing that it is your coworker and not you, i assume we arent getting 100% of the facts (which would be needed to come up with real solutions.) What type of phone does she use? How old is it? It might be a service issue with her particular line.
    10-14-09 01:44 PM
    Well if she is having poor service everywhere she goes, then its a given it is the phone. A trouble ticket is usually issued if there is a problem in a certain area. No need to get a warranty phone just yet.

She wouldn't ever get a free phone - just a CLNR (refurb).

The group handling these tickets will determine if it requires escalation to the NRB group. If it does, then it may take a 6-7 days. Normally the first group can handle the ticket within a day or so depending on severity.

10-14-09 01:46 PM
    Stating the obvious, has the phone been taken into Verizon for problem determination?
    10-14-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD