Hey All,

I have question , I hear a lot of my fellow Verizon users saying when verizon get's the curve there going to get the curve and dump the pearl. I fell like I'm missing something....are you saying your going to pay full price for the curve or is there a trick that I don't know about in order to dump the Pearl & get the curve with no additional charges? Or is it money is not a factor and your willing to pay the cost for the curve & dump the pearl even though your 2 yr contract isn't up?
    03-24-08 09:53 PM
    lots of peoples contracts are almost up or they will sell the pearl and buy it
    03-24-08 10:03 PM
    I'm going to wait a month save up and eat the cost and swap it. Yes I want it that bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 10:07 PM
    Personally, I'll probably eBay my Pearl if the Curve has wifi. Either that, or mvoe my Pearl to a line that is up for a renewal in May. Others may have other strategies.
    03-24-08 10:29 PM
    The Curve will not have WiFi. It will be CDMA only with a camera and crippled GPS. So, the only gain over the Pear is full keyboard and bigger screen. Rumor has it that it'll have more memory as well.
    03-25-08 12:26 AM
    i JUST got the pearl so i'm going to wait... it's a great phone & i want to milk it for all it's worth :]
    03-25-08 12:38 AM
    Like JoshForde said my contract is up soon so I'm waiting. But they have until then, then I'm jumping ship. I get a good discount thru my job also.
    Last edited by crof21ny; 03-25-08 at 07:31 AM. Reason: edit
    03-25-08 07:31 AM
    If they made it a world edition, with GSM as well, I would pay full retail in a heartbeat - but doesn't seem like that is going to happen, so I'm going to stick with my Pearl probably.
    03-25-08 08:52 AM
    Is there some confirmation that the Verizon Curve will not have WiFi? I had not heard that before. Why would they not include WiFi?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 10:35 AM
    if Verizon included wifi, most people would use free hot spots instead of their internet plans, which means they'll lose $$.
    03-25-08 11:05 AM
    if Verizon included wifi, most people would use free hot spots instead of their internet plans, which means they'll lose $$.

I highly doubt that. Free unlocked hotspots are not as common as you would think.
    03-25-08 11:08 AM
    The Curve will not have WiFi. It will be CDMA only with a camera and crippled GPS. So, the only gain over the Pear is full keyboard and bigger screen. Rumor has it that it'll have more memory as well.

Does this also mean that the MMS feature will still be crippled? That is one of the reasons I would want to get the Curve, because the 8830WE doesn't have this feature.
    03-25-08 01:09 PM
    I have the 8130 and the MMS works fine (becuase it has a camera, verizon lets it work) and I'd say the curve would also have functional MMS because it, too has a camera.
    03-25-08 02:17 PM
    If they made it a world edition, with GSM as well, I would pay full retail in a heartbeat - but doesn't seem like that is going to happen, so I'm going to stick with my Pearl probably.
    Sprint's testing version has a Sim card slot in the back, but it's only a testing version. Wouldn't surprise me to see it launch without it though. If Sprint's version is a world edition, then you can bet that VZW's will be too!
    03-25-08 02:27 PM
    well, I don't know about the gps being crippled as of later this year since Verizon decided to make their network more open to any apps on any device. I won't hold my breath but it gives more hope for the wifi and gps capabilities - Engadget Mobile web site has an article about it
    03-25-08 03:28 PM
    Does this also mean that the MMS feature will still be crippled? That is one of the reasons I would want to get the Curve, because the 8830WE doesn't have this feature.
    Yes, MMS will not be crippled on it because it has a camera and the Verizon monkies flip the switch on MMS provisioning because of that. The 8830 is capable of it as well... just VZW doesn't provision for it. It's an actual service book that comes down... well, two of them to be exact.
    03-25-08 05:30 PM
    A Moderator on HF posted up that a RIM rep was in Verizon today and he was paying his bill and they asked if they will get the curve, he over heard them say Mid April. Plus he pulled one out of his pocket. put it back in and said if you want to see more, you will see it on the sales floor.

Just FYI
    03-25-08 08:28 PM
    Yester18 thats good to hear/read. If it's true. I just dont understand what all the secrecy is all about . the demand seems to be out the roof. They need to give us something to hold us over.
    03-26-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD