Today I finally got my curve running 100%. I live in an extended network so I had to drive about 15 minutes before I hit the VZW network (VZW coverage is hit or miss in WV. At least until the Alltel merger is complete), but once I did, my browswer, e-mail, maps, and internet ALL came on the screen on my Curve and now that I am back home, my phone is still reading the signal as 1X and does not have the Roaming triangle. Is that something that could change? or will my Curve always read the network signal as VZW coverage instead of the extended network? Just a curious question that I have.

At any rate, that's my story. Now, I can use my BlackBerry to it's full extent! I am beyond elated!!
    06-29-08 01:54 PM
    depending on your coverage area you could be useing the extended tower and that is how ur getting the signal

Verizon like other carriers have contracts with cell tower providers to let them use the signal for roaming and other CDMA uses thats why it was importaint for you to get the Verizon wireless footprint so the other towers know that you are a customer of verizons and to let you use there tower

if your getting weak signal try dialing *22890 send from your hand set that should help dial you in to the local tower and get a better signal
    08-26-08 08:37 AM
    congrats on getting it all up and running!!
    08-26-08 10:32 AM
    I too live in an extended network area, you'll see 1X all the time, until you hit a verizon tower, then 1XEV. Congrats on the Curve, you'll love it!
    08-26-08 10:57 AM
    Congrats on the curve!
    08-26-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD