1. chettigirl3's Avatar
    I have the Curve 8330 (which I adore) for almost two years...my trackball is driving me nuts, cleaned it, fixed it, still giving me problems, my phone is shot (dropped it a few times) but still works, besides the trackball not going up!....I called Verizon today to see if I can upgrade and the rep said yes, I can get Curve 8530 for 29.99 or upgrade to Tour for 99.99, which I have NO PROBLEM doing, but IF the 9650 comes out in May, should I just wait for that? I don't want to new Curve because there is no flash on the camera (hello? WHY) and I hear no so good things about the original Tour....What to do? WAIT on the chance that the rumours are correct about a May 1st release? or get the Tour???
    04-22-10 09:30 AM
  2. markhunsaker's Avatar
    I would wait...nothing is worse than having the "upgraded" model (Bold 9650) come out 31 days after you picked up a Tour 9630. Just wait. Make sure they notated the account that you are eligible for upgrade.
    04-22-10 12:14 PM
  3. davidnc's Avatar
    Thats what I am going to do is wait for the bold 2 (9650), currently have an 8330 which is working fine for what it is .
    But will most likely update to the bold 2(9650) when its in the stores which hopefully is soon.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 04-22-10 at 12:39 PM.
    04-22-10 12:37 PM
  4. Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    I would also wait. Pick up a cheap Curve on Craigslist or something to hold you over until the 9650 comes out.
    04-22-10 06:04 PM
  5. raminuj20's Avatar
    i agree with everyone here...wait for the 9650 - you'll be safe with the device when OS 6 and webkit are released.
    04-22-10 06:30 PM
  6. gaganchow's Avatar
    In another month or two, the Tour model will be reduced to $49.99 or less so I would wait if possible.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 07:22 PM
  7. i_hiker's Avatar
    As has been said, wait for the 9650. Besides, the 9630 is buggy.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 07:28 PM
  8. cdf3's Avatar
    I would definitely wait. The 8530 feels cheap, and the 9630 will be discontinued.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 09:02 AM
  9. denison1g's Avatar
    The tour model is already 50$ where i live, i have NO idea why they told you 100$. They've been literally giving away Tours here at the Verizon stores and even calling customers with lower models BBs and asking them if they'd like to upgrade to the Tour for 50$ no matter how far away they are from their upgrade.
    04-23-10 09:08 AM
  10. MrObvious's Avatar
    I would wait.
    04-24-10 03:59 AM
  11. chettigirl3's Avatar
    Well all is good, I'm going to wait for the BOLD 9650, the Tour and Curve are just not for me....I got a new track ball for my Curve 8330 for now and it's working great..May 23rd is the new release date? It's taking forever!
    04-27-10 09:19 AM