Hi I just upgraded to the storm and I'm really not liking it. Typing sucks, it freezes sometimes, can be slow, screen just changes if you hit something by mistake. I 'm thinking of going back to the curve, Should I stick it out? I only get 15 days to decide. Also not keen on the size of the storm
    02-05-09 10:34 AM
    I am in the same boat. I switched from Sprint to VW and switched from the Curve to the Storm. I like certain things about the Storm but I have had one replacement already and a hard reset on the latest one. I have until the 23rd to determine if I want this phone. A very tough decision.
    02-05-09 11:29 AM
    I went from a Curve to the Storm as well. It takes a while to get used to, but I can see how the Storm is not a phone for everyone. I definetely miss buttons sometimes, and the touch screen is far from perfect on the Storm. It really comes down to can you live with the phone until they get all the bugs figured out...

I would also advise if you are considering keeping the phone to check out the 9530 section in this forum and read some of the tweaking posts for the Storm. It gives some good ideas on how to mazimize memory and speed up the device in general. Ive gotten my Storm to work fairly well, and it should only get better with time as they release new software for it (and as people hack the software for it)

Stick it out if you can, but there is no shame in throwing in the towel either. BB service through Verizon is not exactly cheap, might as well get what you want out of it.
    02-06-09 10:35 AM
    I went with the Storm for 16 days. Couldn't handle the slowness of it. The bugs were much to be desired as well.

I think it all depends on what your usage habits are. If you use and rely on your phone heavily for business then I would seriously consider turning it in. If you have time to wait for them to get it right (verdict still out on that one)and really don't have to have a perfect phone, keep it. I guess it comes down to what are YOUR needs.
    02-06-09 04:39 PM
    The latest leak helps much too, .99
    02-06-09 09:27 PM
    Offtopic: I just recently switched back to the Curve and they charged me $35 for a restocking fee on the storm. Anyone else incur these fee?
    02-07-09 12:22 AM
    i recently purchased the storm as my first bb...well there were likes and dislikes about it. Wasnt really a fan of the touchscreen and it was alittle bulky. End up going over to sprint b/c it was cheaper on monthly plan, around 50 month for 450 min plus data with employee discount.

Went with the curve and I like the keyboard on it, along with the trackball, I did like the internet on the storm, full view. Its all personal on your choice, do upgrades on the os it did help me.
    02-07-09 07:49 AM
    Offtopic: I just recently switched back to the Curve and they charged me $35 for a restocking fee on the storm. Anyone else incur these fee?
    Yeah, that is their policy. I saw that on just about every piece of paperwork I got when I bought my storm.
    02-07-09 10:21 AM
    try to argue that they never told u up front and see if they'll waive it. I heard of them waiving it for ppl in the past. I think they'd be more inclined to do so if ur a long time customer.

Just make sure u ask politely because I believe that this is writen in their policy so its not an error on their part. I'm sure it says it in the paperwork u signed. So don't play any sort of blame game or it'll get u no where fast... hope this helps
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-07-09 at 10:25 AM.
    02-07-09 10:23 AM
    The latest leak helps much too, .99
    indeed 99 is working well and the official 100 release is rumored to be out very soon.
    02-08-09 01:39 PM
    How do you know the Official Release will be .100? Im still runnin the official .75 and have 0 problems. Id say stick it out for most people. The phone isnt for everyone but its a really nice gadget once you get used to it.
    02-10-09 12:21 AM
    It sounds like you've almost made up your mind Just go with what you prefer.

As suggested, I would poke around the Storm forums. There have been a ton of new OS leaks that have vastly improved many functions of the phone, but none are near perfect IMO.

I've got the same Storm I bought on launch day running the .76 version of the OS and I'm loving it, but this is my first BB, so I'm not comparing it to a previous experience.

I think the Storm will have another official OS offering in the coming months that will take it where it needs to be, but I don't think that's right around the corner by any means.

You can always pick up a Storm later if you want, once the OS has imporved, but be wary of the re-stocking fee if you're with Verizon. Not sure what the other carriers do...
    02-12-09 11:40 AM
    Decided to stay with the Storm. Just needed to really spend some tome with it, It has too many great things about it to give it up. I'll just learn to deal with the typing, practise makes perfect. Thanks all
    02-16-09 07:47 AM
    Decided to stay with the Storm. Just needed to really spend some time with it, It has too many great things about it to give it up. I'll just learn to deal with the typing, practise makes perfect. Thanks all
    02-16-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD