01-12-09 08:45 PM
61 123
tools
    Keep in mind these issues appear to be device specific..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is very true from what I have been hearing from other boards
    12-28-08 11:11 PM
    That is very true from what I have been hearing from other boards
    so have you decided?
    12-28-08 11:12 PM
    Keep in mind these issues appear to be device specific..

true, but i dont really care lol .. in this day, it is not acceptable to be rockin a $700 phone and *hope* it works. Some people exchange theirs 3 or 4 times! Not me, ill give it upto the 3 week mark and if by then the updates havent fixed my gripes, im gone. Most likely to the curve.

No time for nonsense.
    12-28-08 11:18 PM
    I have to wait one more day because the verizon store is very lacking in the phone department, but I still cannot decide
    12-28-08 11:26 PM
    It really comes down to real keyboard vs touchscreen. I personally like a real keyboard. The only device thats even decent to type on IMO is the iphone. Keep playing around with the storm and the curve and decide if you really like the touchscreen or not.
    12-28-08 11:26 PM
    short and sweet get the curve very stable easy to type on i have a storm now great phone but not as perfect as it should be before anyone bashes me I know nothing is perfect but it's a blackberry should be pretty close to it returning my storm tomorrow going back to my curve maybe the storm 2 will be "perfect" lol
    12-28-08 11:31 PM
    true, but i dont really care lol .. in this day, it is not acceptable to be rockin a $700 phone and *hope* it works. Some people exchange theirs 3 or 4 times! Not me, ill give it upto the 3 week mark and if by then the updates havent fixed my gripes, im gone. Most likely to the curve.

No time for nonsense.
    I understand your frustration. However, let's try to be objective for the op's sake. And the storm is not a seven hundred dollar phone - not even full retail.

12-29-08 12:41 AM
    Do you know what verizon's policy is on returning phones? Say I tried the storm and decided against it and go with the curve would that be allowed?
    12-29-08 12:46 AM
    Do you know what verizon's policy is on returning phones? Say I tried the storm and decided against it and go with the curve would that be allowed?
    Vzw allows thirty days to return or exchange any device.

12-29-08 01:17 AM
    that is pretty much what I wanted to hear then, might try out the storm for thirty days then go from there...thanks for the info
    12-29-08 01:19 AM
    you should deff. try it out first ...you never know there alot of ppl that like it

me on the other hand i don't lollol
    just think after thirty days you would have a bb that your going to stay with ..............
    12-29-08 01:36 AM
    that is a long time with one phone, so i decided I will just walk in there and say give me both!!! and whatever one I dont like I am bringing back and not paying for....HA I'll just see how cheap I can get the storm with all my rebates and new every two discount and go from there...Curve=60% Storm=40%
    12-29-08 01:39 AM
    I understand your frustration. However, let's try to be objective for the op's sake. And the storm is not a seven hundred dollar phone - not even full retail.

$599 + tax + accessories = pretty close to $700

BTW im not saying dont buy the storm, some people might be fine with it. I just think anyone considering it should have all the facts and true experiences from people other than the storm troopers hehe
    12-29-08 08:08 AM

BTW im not saying dont buy the storm, some people might be fine with it. I just think anyone considering it should have all the facts and true experiences from people other than the storm troopers hehe
    The price of the Storm through Verizon is $499 with a month-to-month agreement. Even with tax, it's still well below $700.

And why should accessories be factored into the price? You'd need them for any phone, and the ones for the Storm aren't significantly different in price from other phone manufacturers'.
    Last edited by Dodge Deboulet; 12-29-08 at 08:52 AM.
    12-29-08 08:49 AM
    Curve. I kept mine in case i did not like the Storm i had the Storm for about 3 weeks trying to make it work and it is not. When i got the Curve i liked it with in 3 min. of using it. I guess it is more of what you want just because it is a flashy touchscreen (or tap screen) does not make a reliable phone.

Accessories a new car charge since the Storm has the mini USB unlike other BB you can interchange with.
    12-29-08 09:45 AM
    The price of the Storm through Verizon is $499 with a month-to-month agreement. Even with tax, it's still well below $700.

And why should accessories be factored into the price? You'd need them for any phone, and the ones for the Storm aren't significantly different in price from other phone manufacturers'.
    Okay you guys win, i lose .. i will rephrase and say:

it is not acceptable to be rockin a $499 phone and *hope* it works.

IMO whether that above statement reads $499, $700, or $299 ... the point is still valid.
    12-29-08 10:27 AM
    Okay you guys win, i lose .. i will rephrase and say:

it is not acceptable to be rockin a $499 phone and *hope* it works.

IMO whether that above statement reads $499, $700, or $299 ... the point is still valid.
    Well, it's more valid when you use actual facts, anyway.

Mine works, but I only ordered it 12/22, and it arrived 12/25.

Hardware quality control improved dramatically around the 1st week of December, and the current leaked OS build (.85) smooths out most of the bumps on the firmware front. There's really no reason to fear the Storm, as long as you can gain a level of comfort with the keyboard.
    12-29-08 10:37 AM

Heh. Storm troopers...

12-29-08 10:54 AM
    Curve. I kept mine in case i did not like the Storm i had the Storm for about 3 weeks trying to make it work and it is not. When i got the Curve i liked it with in 3 min. of using it. I guess it is more of what you want just because it is a flashy touchscreen (or tap screen) does not make a reliable phone.

Accessories a new car charge since the Storm has the mini USB unlike other BB you can interchange with.
    I was just the opposite. I have had the opportunity to get a Curve many times and I just could never get used to it - too small for me (OK, aging eyes!), felt like a little munckin phone to me (have a Moto Q9c). The Storm took me a week to get used too, but I love it now. Was even trying to take it back since it is gonna cost me more per month, but it is just too good to pass up.

After reading for weeks about the Storm, I think it is difficult for a lot of existing BB users to get used to - particularly if you type a lot.
    12-30-08 11:25 AM
    I also vote for the curve. The curve is the best phone I've ever owned. The storm has potential but it's simply not stable. It's laggy and navigating the device sucks. The show stopper for me was the random reboots that caused missed calls.

The interesting thing is, 75% of storm owners are new to blackberry. So when you read about ppl loving their storms, they are often coming from clunky or crappy phones.
    01-01-09 04:01 PM
    Vzw allows thirty days to return or exchange any device.

I read that you may have to pay a $35 restocking fee if you buy the second device too soon (3 days or 30 days, I forget). I'd ask a csr to make sure.
    01-01-09 04:03 PM
    get the curve! hands down! wayyy better than the storm imo, or you could wait for the niagra which is going to be sick!
    01-01-09 05:32 PM
    get the curve! hands down! wayyy better than the storm imo, or you could wait for the niagra which is going to be sick!
    have you even used the storm? And when is niagra coming?
    01-01-09 05:41 PM
    I like my storm a lot. I got mine for Christmas , it does take a lot of getting used too but overall a good phone. I might return mine but only because I'm a big texter and sometimes the touch screen gets annoying on long messages. At first you will be very slow with the typing but eventually you will be fast at it like me

01-02-09 08:05 AM
    I am going to put in a vote for the curve There isn't anything about the device that I do not like! And this is coming from one who used to get a new cell phone every 4 - 5 months I have been using the curve for about 9 months with the exception of switching from the silver to pink.
    01-02-09 04:10 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD