01-12-09 08:45 PM
61 123
tools
    Hey everyone new here, my upgrade with verizon comes up in two days and I'm having a hard time deciding between the storm and the curve. I have used both a little bit and like them both just not sure what one to decided anyone got anything I should know to help me decide, I wanna pick the right phone for the next two years lol thanks
    12-27-08 01:25 AM
    I have both I really like the Storm it took some getting use to but its a great phone. Sois he Curve just depends on how your plan to use them. Welcome to CB.
    12-27-08 01:32 AM
    well, i will be using it mostly for my job, lots of e-mailing and staying in contact with other coaches and stuff like that, just not sure about the whole touch screen, and some of the other OS issues I have heard about with the Storm, and having big meaty fingers, not sure how either keyboard will fair for me
    12-27-08 01:36 AM
    anymore help from anyone?
    12-27-08 02:15 AM
    I'm not a fan of touch screens so I passed on the storm, kept my Curve, and am content with it. As far as productivity goes, there is no correct answer for your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 04:10 AM
    If you are looking for stability, I would go with the curve. Not saying that just because I have one because I want a storm, lol. But right now the curve is the most stable berry there is, and the storm still has some bugs. There really isn't a correct answer though as said before. It is all about which one you like the best and knowing the features of each. I hope that helped a bit.
    12-27-08 08:57 PM
    well, i will be using it mostly for my job, lots of e-mailing and staying in contact with other coaches and stuff like that, just not sure about the whole touch screen, and some of the other OS issues I have heard about with the Storm, and having big meaty fingers, not sure how either keyboard will fair for me
    Do yourself a favor get the CURVE!!! You will not regret it and trust me, you won't look back and regret your decision.
    12-27-08 09:03 PM
    Hey everyone new here, my upgrade with verizon comes up in two days and I'm having a hard time deciding between the storm and the curve. I have used both a little bit and like them both just not sure what one to decided anyone got anything I should know to help me decide, I wanna pick the right phone for the next two years lol thanks
    To be honest with you, depending on your price plan, you may be eligible to upgrade every year rather than 2 years. I get a new phone every year so basically I can get a brand new phone every year. Look into it.
    12-27-08 09:05 PM
    I was just recently in this predicament. My upgrade was available at the start of the year and I really had a hard time deciding on whether to get the Curve, the Storm, or to wait and get an upgraded BB whenever Verizon decided to release a new one. I ended up going with the BB Curve. Luckily, with the mail-in rebate plus my NE2 $100 credit I was able to essentially get the phone for free. Even though the Curve is an older model, I've found no real problems with it. I personally like that it's nearly instant when making transitions between programs--something the Storm didn't seem to do when I was using it in the store. If you really want a Touchscreen phone, then get a Storm. If you're at all concerned with the touchscreen aspect, like I was, then go for the Curve. It's a great device, in my opinion. A bit old, but you can't really tell unless you compare it right next to the Javelin/Bold.
    12-27-08 10:22 PM
    The storm is an amazing device, however if you email or text constantly, prepare to hate the keyboard. It will take a good amount of time to get used to. Aside from that, the storm is far superior as far as graphics, browser experience, and overall UI are concerned. I suggest you visit your local verizon store, use both devices, and make your decision from there. Good luck.

12-27-08 10:28 PM
    very good advice from everyone, i actually went into the store today and got my hands on a storm, Im not sure if it was just me or what but it seemed very laggy compared to the curve, if there was even a possibility of getting a newer model regular BB I would do that but cant really afford to wait to long so im leaning towards the curve I just dont want it to be obsolete a month after getting it lol
    12-28-08 12:20 AM
    i say the curve and not cuz i have one but its a great device and theres some issues i think with the whole not having keys to press
    12-28-08 01:04 AM
    Very true, gotta make a decision tonight LOL gettin somethig tommorow

12-28-08 01:06 AM
    Very true, gotta make a decision tonight LOL gettin somethig tommorow

I have a curve for work and another for personal ...and i love them both
    i went to the vzw store to give the storm a test run and i just didnt like it ...its a good blackberry but i just dont think its me
    plus as many emails and texting that i do i might break the screen lollol
    12-28-08 01:11 AM
    i went to the vzw store to give the storm a test run and i just didnt like it ...its a good blackberry but i just dont think its me
    Yeah.Considering the amount of actual typing I will need to be doing it just makesmore sense I suppose I wonder if I'll get the hundred dollars for my upgrade

12-28-08 01:17 AM
    it all depends on when you contracts allows it ....
    when did you get your contract started and has it been a year
    12-28-08 01:50 AM
    it all depends on when you contracts allows it ....
    when did you get your contract started and has it been a year
    It's been two years tommorow

12-28-08 01:53 AM
    well if you sighed up for a two year contract then yea you can upgrade but to what ?
    you already have the curve .......
    or you can switch to att and get the bold...
    make you think alil more lol lol lol
    12-28-08 05:12 AM
    I just upgraded from a Curve to a Storm, but for very specific reasons.

It looks like I'll be traveling overseas quite a bit for the next couple of years, and I needed a phone that would work most everywhere I'd be going. The Curve is strictly CDMA, and works for the most part in North America (there are a few countries outside of NA that use CDMA, but none in Europe or Asia).

The Storm is CDMA, Quad-band GSM and UMTS. It will work almost everywhere I'm likely to travel, and will even work on domestic GSM networks if unlocked and I have a SIM card for the provider.

I considered the 8830WE, but that is only CDMA and dual-band GSM; it provides compatibility with EU GSM networks only (hardly a "World Edition"). It doesn't have a camera or support MMS either. I think it's also approaching the end of its life as a BB offering.

All that aside, the keyboard is a significant factor. My first BB was an 8703e, and I could touch-type at better than 60wpm on that. The transition to the Curve's slightly smaller keyboard was not easy, but I got used to it (although my speed was still probably 10wpm slower).

I can't type anywhere near as fast on the Storm, but it's usable . . . I think my email replies will be much shorter than those composed on the 8703e and the Curve, though, at least until I really get the hang of it. On the plus side, the Storm offers 3 keyboards for input: QWERTY, SureType and T9 (more if you include the QWERTZ and AZERTY international layouts for the "full" keyboard).

I think the Storm will also prove to be a much more capable multimedia device than the curve, with its big, bright screen. I could easily imagine watching movies on the Storm, but would never think of using the Curve for that.

I doubt I've made your decision any easier, unfortunately . . .
    12-28-08 11:15 AM
    LOL thanks for all of that def got more to think about if I wasn't on a family plan I would switch service and get the bold LOL but maybe I'll get my hands on the storm for a little bit longer and just flip a coin

12-28-08 11:21 AM
    I know you were just joking with the 'break the screen' thing, but do you guys think that could actually happen? I mean its logical that it would wear down over time, but the thought of a screen breaking due to over use (well, not over use, but long time use or needlessly hard use... you get my idea) never really occurred to me until now. Just a little food for thought
    Last edited by RobotSongBird; 12-28-08 at 12:21 PM.
    12-28-08 12:18 PM
    I know you were just joking with the 'break the screen' thing, but do you guys think that could actually happen? I mean its logical that it would wear down over time, but the thought of a screen breaking due to over use (well, not over use, but long time use or needlessly hard use... you get my idea) never really occurred to me until now. Just a little food for thought
    naw i doubt that would happen ..use it so much that the screen will break
    it would break if dropped or thrown out of anger lol lol but other than that you should be good
    12-28-08 09:24 PM
    I have the Storm, and also an iphone.

I have to keep the iphone, but im not so sure about the storm. It has proven to be unreliable and unstable! Just today alone i have had to do battery pull resets 4 times! and its a sunday, i BARELY used the phone!

If the storm was as stable as the Curve or other phones, we would have an amazing device that everyone and their mom would use. As of right now you have to have a lot of patience

i have 2 more weeks before my 30day return is over, and i dont know if im going to make it.
    12-28-08 10:44 PM
    It may be a long list but what are some of the problems you are getting? I like the feel of the storm because I have bigger hands, but the curve is a very solid phone and havent seen any glaring problems with it
    12-28-08 11:05 PM
    I have the Storm, and also an iphone.

I have to keep the iphone, but im not so sure about the storm. It has proven to be unreliable and unstable! Just today alone i have had to do battery pull resets 4 times! and its a sunday, i BARELY used the phone!

If the storm was as stable as the Curve or other phones, we would have an amazing device that everyone and their mom would use. As of right now you have to have a lot of patience

i have 2 more weeks before my 30day return is over, and i dont know if im going to make it.
    Keep in mind these issues appear to be device specific..

12-28-08 11:10 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD