I am still within my initial 30 days. I had 2 options:

1) Trade in phone in store on the 12th and get the curve

2) Send my 8830 back in the mail and give them the tracking code(not every rep said I could do this but some did)

Anyway I want to get it as cheap as possible. I am uber confused about what discounts I will get as a new customer.

Online it says 319 with 2 year contract, so I can get that, plus 100 online discount and 50 mail in rebate, so we are looking at 169.99 plus tax. Is this the best I can do.

I know on the 8830 I got 100 off for getting the data plan, is there anything similiar to that discount.

Also if the store is more expensive than online what can I do?
    05-10-08 12:46 AM
    I was told the instore price would be 169 as well.
    05-10-08 01:50 PM
    Ok I go in store and this makes no sense but here we go.

This is reading from tag:449 or something retail
    1-yr contract: 369 maybe
    2-yr contract: 319(definite I remember this)
    Then bottom line price: 269(definitely right)
    Next to this price it lists(requires 2-yr contract, and includes 50 dollar MIB and 100 ADC(or whatever the acronym is)

How is 319-50-100=269

The device SHOULD be 169 correct?

I called up 611 and asked them if it was a typo but he read the same info that I saw at the store.

Anyway I trade in my 8830 and am charged 185 for the curve.

Where in the world does THAT number come from?

Anyone else buy the curve in store?
    05-10-08 02:26 PM
    maybe thats including tax???
    05-10-08 03:45 PM
    Tax plus activation fee, i'm sure they got you with that at the store. Call and ask to speak with the store manager, they should credit your account. for the activation.. as for tax, talk to you government....
    05-10-08 03:53 PM
    Verizon is so puzzling. Why do they release it on line first? I went to the store Thursday and they refused to sell me one saying its available on the 12th. So I ordered it overnight and it didn't show Friday like it was supposed to. Then I open the paper on Friday morning and there it is for an in store ad. I love Verizon but why all the secret agent games??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 06:19 PM
    I saw them for sale at CC on Wed of last week.
    05-10-08 06:30 PM
    Because VZW is evil.

This didn't include tax or activation fee(or at least shouldnt of) bc my bill said:

-Price of 8830(which I think is wrong Ill check CC bill)
    +Price of Curve(185)
    -8 bucks(which was exactly the tax of the difference in price)
    =
    -88 maybe(so they credit that back to my CC I guess)
    05-10-08 07:00 PM
    well right now verizon online is selling it at 299 minus online discount so 199 with a 50 mail in rebate..

ive told store the internet discount price is different than in the store and they will match the online price. Just not the mail in rebate. So now its cheaper as of today on their website. Yesterday and days before said 319 with 100 instant rebate which is 219 plus a 50 mail in rebate i mean thats only 56 less dollars but the more money saved is always better!

good luck! i loveee my curve!
    05-11-08 03:57 AM
    oh or you can return the phone and use a different phone then order it online.. or call and ask customer service if you are within 30 days if you can order the curve and return the phone through mail back to them.. idk if thats possible but worth a shot to ask.. if you read apparently-verizon-curves-available-now-which is under verizon section. I tried to link it but I don't have 10 posts.
    you will see what everyone did over the phone and got theirs very very cheap.. some below 100. I know im a girl but i've delt with verizon for many many years and on ticks and things to say. I unfortunately had to pay full price for mine even though i had problems with my pearl and wanted to just get something else they wouldnt do it. if you need any hep or questions feel free to PM me
    05-11-08 04:16 AM
    What does being a girl have to do with anything? Are you saying that girls are worse at negotiating?

Hey I didn't say it she did.
    05-11-08 11:33 PM
    no I ment men underestimate girls.. I know A LOT about phones and well computers too haha

What does being a girl have to do with anything? Are you saying that girls are worse at negotiating?

Hey I didn't say it she did.
    05-12-08 12:55 AM
    Cool asl and bb pin haha. Seriously though Im looking for a girl with bb messenger, really cut down on my texts from the last one.
    05-12-08 01:12 AM
    Oh AND verizon, I need the free in network calling, we were together for 3 and a half years but she refused to switch so I had to break it off
    05-12-08 01:13 AM
    aww asl? havent heard that in like 10 years. 23/f/los angeles HAHAHAHA

you really want my pin to chat?
    05-12-08 02:30 AM
    Sure pm me. I need some more west coast ppl to talk to, no1 is on over here.
    05-12-08 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD