I had my Curve in my work bag along with my travel mug. The mug opened and my berry got coffee in it.

It's actually operating fine now, however a few droplets of coffee got underneath the glass case on the screen.

Can I open it up myself? Or if I take it to the store will they do it there or just give me a replacement phone? Will spilling coffee in it cause my insurance policy to be voided?

All I want is a clean screen. I really don't need a new phone.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MyThai; 10-12-08 at 11:38 AM. Reason: To add photo
    10-12-08 11:16 AM
    If you take to the store they will not help as this is liquid damage and they will not replace it. If you have insurance they will for $50. If you take the phone apart to clean it this will void the warranty if something should happen.

Sorry to hear this happened.
    10-12-08 11:20 AM
    I would definitely do the rice method to be sure you dried your phone out.

take the back cover off and remove battery and place in a zip lock bag of rice. Many members have said the rice draws out all the moisture and has saved their phone.
    10-12-08 11:24 AM
    I would definitely do the rice method to be sure you dried your phone out.
    It's hard to tell from the pic, but the drops don't look wet so much as sticky. You know how when you spill a drop of coffee on the counter and don't wipe it up immediately? That's what it looks like.

I think it just needs a good wipe but I don't know how (and am nervous) to try and pry it open.
    10-12-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD