I cannot recieve picture messages on my new Curve. I can send them just fine. When I send them, I recieve some responses via text, but not all. I just spent an hour on the phone with technical support, they were unable to help me. They gave me anotther # to try, which I will do later.

Has anyone sucessfully recieved picture messages on their new curve? Can anyone help me? I really shouldnt waste another hour on the phone but I want the phone to work properly!

Any help would be great...thanks !
    05-06-08 11:34 AM
    From what I have read here and heard, picture messaging probably won't be fully active until the release date of the phone.
    05-06-08 12:10 PM
    Do you have the (2) MMS Service Books?
    05-06-08 12:33 PM
    Yes, I have: "MMS Transport (RIM) [WPTCP]" and "MMS Client [MMS]"
    05-06-08 12:53 PM
    From what I have read here and heard, picture messaging probably won't be fully active until the release date of the phone.
    Can you recieve picture messages?
    05-06-08 12:54 PM
    I can send, but not receive. I went to the store and all they said was call tech support. I have read on Crackberry and some on HoFo about other people calling and starting tickets with help desk. There are a few people whose MMS works fine, but it's in a very few cases.
    05-06-08 01:07 PM
    I am on hold again. They had me delete the MMS Client Service book...that didnt work...hence hold. This is annoying.
    05-06-08 01:15 PM
    Ok, MMS Client was added back in. He filled out a trouble ticket because nothing really worked, and w/in 3-5 days I'll get an answer as to whether it's my phone or the network. He had a test phone and was able to send a pic message to the test phone, so who knows. He said a similar problem happened when the pearl came out and they had to fix the software on all of them. he did not say anything about it being because the phone had not been released officially yet. He was very helpful, if anyone wants to call the number I did, go for it 866-425-5284, option 2. I was given the number from the first tech support person i spoke with.

If i hear anything I'll let you guys know. Otherwise, I love this phone!
    05-06-08 01:53 PM
    It will be activated and working this weekend... Keep you all posted.
    05-06-08 02:03 PM
    My mms now works. If you go to host routing table and register it again it will send a new service book and then I did a battery pull and when it started back up I was able to receive mms messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 03:23 PM
    i got called back for my trouble ticket and the rep told me that as on today the mms should start working today! thats what i was told and i have recieved a couple of picture messages already
    05-07-08 06:08 PM
    My mms now works. If you go to host routing table and register it again it will send a new service book and then I did a battery pull and when it started back up I was able to receive mms messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are correct. Again the directions:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - Curve 8330 MMS Issues

Also do a battery pull after to secure it.
    05-07-08 07:42 PM
    I told you peeps it was a provisioning issue in one of these 8330 Provisioning threads. VZW fixed it for all 8330 owners and you reregistering pushes that new BB provisioning down. Either the existing service books were modified or you have a new one in the list.
    05-07-08 07:52 PM
    I have a weird issue. I can send and receive MMS from regular cell phones. If somone with a BB tries to send me a MMS message I don't get it.
    05-08-08 02:03 AM
    I have a weird issue. I can send and receive MMS from regular cell phones. If somone with a BB tries to send me a MMS message I don't get it.
    I'm kinda confused, you say regular cell phones.. Okay thats fine... But withe the blackberry you can or can not....?

Have you re provisioned your service books.
    05-08-08 10:15 AM
    Trying it now! I'll let you know if it works!
    05-08-08 10:37 AM
    It worked! Thanks so much!
    05-08-08 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD