07-20-08 09:37 AM
27 12
tools
    Anyone hear anything about more price discounts for the Curve from VZW? I'm due for a NE2 update now, and I'd like to get the Curve. The current "best" pricing I can get is $99 for just the device, which I guess I can't really complain about, considering what I'd be getting. But every little bit saved helps these days... I don't know what the pricing cycles are for VZW BBs, but with all the new phones coming out now, I'd think there might be some more incentives available out there....
    07-18-08 01:16 PM
    $99 is pretty darn good for the Curve. I'd do it if I were you!
    07-18-08 01:25 PM
    I just bought my curve at Costco. After discount and mail in rebate.....$99. They only have the 8310 Titanium.
    07-18-08 01:28 PM
    I agree w 49 - do it bc the price will def go back up soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 01:29 PM
    Yea I am swapping my DARE for the curve this weekend...
    07-18-08 01:51 PM
    Why is the curve 99? Mine would be 49. Its 219 minus 70 instant rebate minus 100 NE2 credit. I have verizon also. Check online.
    07-18-08 02:16 PM
    jump on it!!!!
    07-18-08 02:18 PM
    New curves with Verizon service are free @ wirefly with new activation.

07-18-08 02:21 PM
    I have had a Verizon contract for years. I am only eligible for NE2. I cannot get new activation. I wish I could get it free but I have not seen it less than 49 dollars.
    07-18-08 02:23 PM
    99 is pretty standard. (if you are renewing and have a ne2 discount) I've heard of less, but it depends on how your NE2 is set up (i.e. how long since your last upgrade and how much your plan costs per month).

My NE2 was only 50, but they did some finagling with my employee discount, and i bought it for a little over 50. (incl. tax/ship)...i felt pretty lucky.

you can also ask about the 'advanced device credit' - which i believe was $100 on a new BB, but that has since expired...(my asking about it helped with the extra work they did on the discount)...
    07-18-08 03:35 PM
    I called them, and they said my NE2 was only $50, not $100. We're on a family plan, and as it turns out, my phone isn't the primary phone. So I'd have to upgrade the primary phone to get the NE2 discount, and then switch numbers with the primary phone holder, to get the best deal. Anyway, that's how I get to $99. And, I think that's as good a price as I can expect, with my voice / data plans and so on. But I was hoping to get it for FREE (hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained...). And I didn't think the price would be going UP, as another poster mentioned.

Anyway, thanks for the input.
    07-18-08 04:29 PM
    I paid $100 at Costco but then a month later Car Toys here in the Seattle area offered it for $50. They do require a 2 year contract. Wish I had waited.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')
    07-18-08 04:39 PM
    VZW no longer offers advance device credit instead we lowered the overall price of the phone

07-18-08 04:55 PM
    99 is pretty standard. (if you are renewing and have a ne2 discount) I've heard of less, but it depends on how your NE2 is set up (i.e. how long since your last upgrade and how much your plan costs per month).

My NE2 was only 50, but they did some finagling with my employee discount, and i bought it for a little over 50. (incl. tax/ship)...i felt pretty lucky.

you can also ask about the 'advanced device credit' - which i believe was $100 on a new BB, but that has since expired...(my asking about it helped with the extra work they did on the discount)...
    I called Verizon yesterday...they would not budge on giving me the advanced device credit. The rep claimed the BB Curve was discounted now to reflect the 100 credit (because they dropped the price on the device).

---->what justagirl said.
    07-18-08 05:04 PM
    I thought on Family Plans, that everyone who moved to the plan kept the original NE2 date. No?
    07-18-08 05:07 PM
    Price plan changes do not change your NE2 or contract term. If it did, then something else was done or you should call CS and have them explain why it did
    07-18-08 05:19 PM
    Price plan changes do not change your NE2 or contract term. If it did, then something else was done or you should call CS and have them explain why it did
    We are still on separate plans...all 4 of us. I was trying to calculate if a Family Plan would be less expensive and it seems to be by 40 dollars.
    07-18-08 05:41 PM
    If they are all seperate plans, you will want to use the NE2 prior to merging. To be honest with you I will need to research a bit more on that. I do know that there will be one primary line that will get the NE2, while the others will not.

Will the other line maintain the NE2? This is what I need to find out. Also you may want to call CS, they can tell you as well.
    07-18-08 06:00 PM
    If they are all seperate plans, you will want to use the NE2 prior to merging. To be honest with you I will need to research a bit more on that. I do know that there will be one primary line that will get the NE2, while the others will not.

Will the other line maintain the NE2? This is what I need to find out. Also you may want to call CS, they can tell you as well.
    If you move to family share then all will lose the NE2 credit except whichever line you choose to be the primary line. Does that help any?

07-18-08 08:50 PM
    Yep, Sure does answered the rest of the puzzle that I needed to research
    07-18-08 08:55 PM
    If you move to family share then all will lose the NE2 credit except whichever line you choose to be the primary line. Does that help any?

Supposedly the secondary lines are only offered the "sale" price not an actual discount
    07-18-08 10:29 PM
    Secondary line when eligable will get the 2 year pricing with any mail-in rebates that maybe available. They will not get the NE2 $50 or $100.

If you are planning merging sperate line of service into a famlity plan and any of those line are eligable for NE2, use it before the merger.
    07-19-08 07:02 AM
    Secondary lines are the term that is now confusing me. If I am primary, and I get a multi line plan, and I get an employee discount, I know I am now the only one eligible for NE2. That I understand. I will ensure everyone who is eligible now for NE2 upgrades before the merge but since two lines are included in the base price of verizon plans, does that base price get the employee discount or is that base plan split in half and only half of the base plan price get the dscount since in actuality, it is a price for 2 lines?
    07-19-08 11:32 PM
    Nationwide plan family share line do cover the first two lines. Secondary line just means all lines that are not primary line. Secondary lines does not get any of this discount. Hard to explain, but the system is programed to know this and the representative assigns the primary line when they merged.
    07-20-08 07:23 AM
    I have to pay full retail for the Curve until next October. The price is almost $500 I believe. I would jump all over the $99 price tag.
    07-20-08 07:44 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD