I know there's the Pearl and the 8830 World Edition (and I guess the 8703e), but is there ever going to be anything other than those and the Curve on Verizon? I have a Storm and I am starting to hate it. I need a Blackberry for my business though, so I have to have one of those models even though none of them appeal to me. Why can't there be a Verizon Bold?
    06-06-09 10:36 AM
    The 9630 Niagara / Tour should be out by some time in September at the latest.......So I have heard. It has been called a cross between the Bold and the Curve and in it's current iteration is using the Storm CPU. Should be a great phone. I have held one but was not able to play with it so that's all I have.

You can Google Blackberry 9630 and get more info.
    Last edited by RideMadone; 06-06-09 at 11:33 AM.
    06-06-09 11:07 AM
    Yes there will be - the flip Peal is coming soon and the tour is RUMORED for July
    06-06-09 11:07 AM
    Tour & Storm 2 is coming (not sure when) so hold on.
    06-06-09 11:31 AM
    Sounds like the Tour will be the BB for you. You can check out the 9630 Tour Forum here under devices for more info.
    06-06-09 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the input. The Tour/Niagara looks like the phone I will get as soon as it is available. I don't think I want to pull the trigger on another Storm after owning the original (unless I am actually pulling a trigger and shooting it )

Articles on the web have a release date for the 9630 ranging anywhere from May - August of this year. I guess I need to refrain from launching my Storm at the pavement until it is finally released.
    06-06-09 01:14 PM
    Also, did you do the available upgrade to the OS for the Storm? .148
    06-06-09 01:31 PM
    I have been waiting on updating to .148 since reading all of the "bricked phone" threads from people who have tried it. At this point I don't know that an OS update will make me any happier with my phone. I could be wrong. I'm wrong a lot.
    06-06-09 01:39 PM
    I will bet that bricked maybe due to the fact that it may nothave been done right. Now I have read this, but this might be the case.

I know lots of folks that have done it and it has improved the device. Just a thought
    06-06-09 01:42 PM
    Pearl flip and the tour!
    06-06-09 01:43 PM
    The majority of the people that had problems were doing the OTA upgrade, and a few through DM. As long as you do a backup you should be fine. .148 is leaps and bounds better than .75. And if you want an even better OS check out Lyricidal's .148/5.0 Hybrid. Running very well!
    06-06-09 01:44 PM
    Back up your phone, wipe your phone, put .148 on your phone. You wont be sorry. I'm not sure it makes it a whole new phone but it sure does make it better.

Don't worry about the negative things you read on these forums. There are a million happy people who don't post, but everyone who has a problem puts something negative up. Don't get me wrong, that is what the forums are for but it kind of makes it look like everyone hates the Storm which is very un-true.

Use the Desktop Manager and do an upgrade. I have done 4 battery pulls on my Storm for minor issues and it has now been running perfectly for over a week. I have done upgrades for 3 of my friends with no complaints and plenty of compliments.
    06-06-09 02:05 PM
    I am currently running Lyrics' 148/5.0 hybrid and it has done wonders for my storm. I do know that all OS' act differently on different phones so it could be hit or miss..doesn't hurt to try. Just my .02. Hope it helps
    06-06-09 02:22 PM
    People bricking their phones is not a known issue with the OS. People unplug their phones in the middle of the process and yes that bricks your phone. It's kind of like turning off your PC in the middle of format..
    06-06-09 04:04 PM
    I'm updating right now... *crossing fingers*
    06-06-09 04:12 PM
    if you need help just message or email me, i'll help ya out.
    06-06-09 08:19 PM
    if you need help just message or email me, i'll help ya out.
    Help with the upgrade to .148 or help getting a Tour/Niagara???
    06-06-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD