Hey guys!

The latch/spring for the back door broke so I need to repair it. I was searching the forums and I read that verizon will fix it for free if within the 1 year warranty?

Is this true?

Thanks
    03-21-09 05:22 PM
    If it is a documented MFG issue - I would say yes. Since I have not seen anything about this - it would be physical damage covered by insurance if you have it. VZW does not repair phones or sell spare parts. If they think it not physical damage, they may replace the device. It really is a crap shoot
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-22-09 at 07:23 PM.
    03-22-09 07:04 PM
    Battery doors for BlackBerry are dirt-cheap. Even if not covered, you can get one for well south of $10.

Or I do have a 10-pound sledgehammer you're welcome to borrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:17 PM
    Battery doors for BlackBerry are dirt-cheap. Even if not covered, you can get one for well south of $10.

Or I do have a 10-pound sledgehammer you're welcome to borrow.

The OP means the battery latch which is separate from the door. I agree with the above that it is documented with VZW of a known issue... They will more likely switch out the device for you. Back up all your info before you go.
    03-22-09 07:21 PM
    The OP means the battery latch which is separate from the door. I agree with the above that it is documented with VZW of a known issue... They will more likely switch out the device for you. Back up all your info before you go.
    Well, still not a big issue. Cellular Accessories - Acer, 3G, BenQ-Siemens, Alcatel, Sony, Nokia, Samsung, Apple, NEC, LG, Accessori has those for $2.59 - rather inexpensive.

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330 OEM battery door lock & spr- Mobiado, Acer, Microsoft, SonyEricsson, Alcatel, Sony, Apple, BlackBerry, Access

And my offer for the universal electronics repair too is still viable. That sledgehammer has fixed a lot of problems over the years.

03-22-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD