05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 ... 7891011
tools
    When it's released call customer service, they will more often than not let you do your ne2 a month early, if you sweet talk you should also be able to get the online price and ask for the advance device discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 01:46 PM
    Yes, make sure to call. You can get the best deals there, even if you don't get to move your upgrade up (I'm sure you will be able to).

Ugh. Praying for May 5th.
    04-27-08 04:23 PM
    I just talked to the reps at two different Verizon stores. They keep saying MID-May! I'm dyin' over here!
    04-27-08 11:27 PM
    My phone upgrade date is June 10th. Is Verizon flexible at all on these dates?? I was hoping to get this moved up to whenever the Curve is coming out......or do i have to deal with my current phone (which is one stiff breeze away from dying) another month?
    My upgrade date is not until November 2nd. However, in talking to a rep yesterday at the VZW store, he HINTED that I might be able to upgrade early, without paying too much over the 2-year contract price. Maybe he was just being nice, and wanted me to shut up, I don't know. You may be able to work something out, since you're only 1-1/2 months away from your upgrade date.
    04-27-08 11:34 PM
    I'm waiting for this release, too. I almost went ahead and got the i760, but I wanted to give BB a shot as I've heard so much about it being a more stable, less laggy, and generally nicer platform (functionality) to work with than WinMo.

there, first post out of the way
    04-27-08 11:45 PM
    I just talked to the reps at two different Verizon stores. They keep saying MID-May! I'm dyin' over here!
    Very gross.

Then again, liquidplatinum from HF said that it was coming May 5 and that his inside connections told him this. He's apparently been correct with dates for other releases. So unless they majorly overhauled the date, shouldn't it still be May 5th online? Maybe they meant mid-May in stores?
    04-27-08 11:50 PM
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 8130. before i got mine i was absolutely certain i would hate suretype, but i got a great deal on it. now i can type fast as **** and it knows what i want to type. it just takes a few days is all.
    I note how well Sure Type works with capitalization. LOL
    04-28-08 06:02 AM
    Maybe they meant mid-May in stores?
    That very well could be. I'm TRYING not to think about it........maybe the time will fly by faster!?!?!
    04-28-08 10:12 AM
    That very well could be. I'm TRYING not to think about it........maybe the time will fly by faster!?!?!
    x2
    04-28-08 11:10 AM
    Idk it better be coming out mother's day weekend like they say because I need to exchange my 8830 for it- any longer and it will be too late!

04-28-08 11:32 AM
    Ditto. However, I can't stop thinking about it. Whenever I look at my worthless phone, I think, "I could have a Pearl right now!" Then I try to remind myself that the Curve is coming soon and I should just wait.

If it gets pushed back any farther, I'm going to go insane.
    04-28-08 01:28 PM
    Jez it seems like every time we get close it get pulled away from us!
    04-28-08 05:31 PM
    A game of cat and mouse, no doubt.
    04-28-08 06:07 PM
    I just put a black case on my 8830 and I still can't wait for the Curve

04-28-08 06:10 PM
    Same here hutch. Worse comes to worse I trade in for env2 that my sister wants and have her use her upgrade, which is coming up any day now, to get my curve whenever the curve comes out.

Bad thing is that I wont have a bb. How am I supposed to function.
    04-28-08 11:39 PM
    I wish they would at least announce a date. That would be lovely.
    04-28-08 11:43 PM
    Some possible good news coming my way, I will keep you posted when I can confirm....
    04-29-08 10:08 AM
    Oooh. I like good news. But not the anticipation.
    04-29-08 04:41 PM
    Its like the manhattan project over here I cant take it.

People have said that they have ordered the env2 over telesales but I have said that and they said definitely not, do I just have to call 100 times until I get the right person.

Guy in store said it was gonna be out within next 2 weeks, this was said on the 10th.

We are all pack rats for Verizon, it sucks.
    04-29-08 06:04 PM
    can you believe Alltel is droping there curve tomorrow May1! and we are still waiting for a official release date.
    04-30-08 08:58 AM
    FWIW on HoFo: [note: This is HIS quote, not mine. I do NOT work for Verizon!]

The VZW Curve will be released on Friday, May 9 through Direct Fulfillment (CS, telesales, online) and on Monday, May 12 in retail stores.

Price: $319.99 2 yr (+ $50 MIR); $389.99 1 yr (+ $50 MIR); $439.99 full retail.

So basically, if you qualify for a $100 NE2 discount, you're looking at a Curve for $169.99. Not a bad deal at all.

Source: I work for VZW.

These dates could change, of course, as I'm not sure if this has been officially announced. My dates come from a PDF on the internal website.

The May 5 rumor that was floating around for a while is when the retail stores get their launch kits.

Source: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread
    04-30-08 09:00 AM
    Was told by a rep last night comes out 2nd week of may

04-30-08 09:49 AM
    I can't believe that Alltel is going to launch the Curve before both Verizon and Sprint!
    04-30-08 09:52 AM

The VZW Curve will be released on Friday, May 9 through Direct Fulfillment (CS, telesales, online) and on Monday, May 12 in retail stores.

So basically, if you qualify for a $100 NE2 discount, you're looking at a Curve for $169.99. Not a bad deal at all.

These dates could change, of course, as I'm not sure if this has been officially announced. My dates come from a PDF on the internal website.

The May 5 rumor that was floating around for a while is when the retail stores get their launch kits.

Source: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread

It is confirmed.... Just FYI.
    04-30-08 11:59 AM
    Originally Posted by AbeFrohman View Post

[/I]

i was also just given this information-- may 12 is when the retail stores will have it. good luck
    04-30-08 12:52 PM
263 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD