05-11-08 03:51 PM
263 ... 678910 ...
tools
    this guy at verizon told me not untill late summer i was like are u serious lol
    that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. VZW store reps notoriously don't know diddly s*** when it comes to release dates. They usually find out when customers find out.
    04-12-08 01:07 AM
    Curve will be released 1st wk of May! We had a Verizon rep come to our company & she had one already.
    04-12-08 09:35 AM
    so pre order is in april then?
    04-12-08 10:27 AM
    The release date for the curve on verizon is April 30th. Check it out on phonearena.com
    04-13-08 08:51 PM
    See my post in the other thread.... Confirming late release in end of May
    04-13-08 09:27 PM
    Until I see a release date given out by Verizon, its hard to believe a release date when so many people seem to have their own sources of what the release date is. Oh how the Curve teases us so.
    04-14-08 12:32 AM
    I just called my Verizon Wireless store today and the salesperson told me the Curve will be out (Tentative date) May 5. I'm sure you guys already know this but I'm just posting it for the people who don't know. Not sure if that is an online date or store date but that's what he said.
    04-23-08 04:28 PM
    Yes it's been confirmed...... May 5th
    04-23-08 04:32 PM
    I certainly can't wait. I forget...is this when pre-order and/or online starts? Or will we see it in stores? Cause if pre-order was earlier than this, it would be lovely...
    04-23-08 04:48 PM
    Calm down all these topics about when the curve is coming to Verizon are ridiculous. Who cares its just a smaller version of the pearl. Its sad the desperation that comes from some people. Honestly the curve is gonna be like the iphone everybody rushes out to get it and after they get it they realize that its not that great.

It is kinda funny all these people wanting to leave Verizon because they don't have the curve yet. Its only a phone people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 07:36 PM
    well first of all, its not a smaller version of the pearl... and second some people don't like the 8800's keyboard compared to the curves so thats why theres all this angst
    04-23-08 07:57 PM
    Calm down all these topics about when the curve is coming to Verizon are ridiculous. Who cares its just a smaller version of the pearl. Its sad the desperation that comes from some people. Honestly the curve is gonna be like the iphone everybody rushes out to get it and after they get it they realize that its not that great.

It is kinda funny all these people wanting to leave Verizon because they don't have the curve yet. Its only a phone people.

I'm sorry but this is a very stupid comment because almost everything you said was false. First, the Curve is larger than the pearl, not smaller as you said. Second, it has a full qwerty which also makes it different. And just like the Iphone where people eventually realize that it's not that great? Hmm, it's been out for a year for ATT and it's their best selling smartphone to this day. It is also still selling like hotcakes on Tmobile.
    04-23-08 10:17 PM
    Wow it is still not out in the states yet??? Maybe its because RIM is a canadian company but the CDMA curve has been out in Canada on all major carriers for E weeks already

04-23-08 10:29 PM

Some of us want a Blackberry and are waiting for the Curve to come out so that there are choices. Stuck on the VZW network, you don't here the "c" word often. Also - Curve is larger, not smaller than the Pearl.

Might I add that everybody that I know personally that has an iPhone hasn't once mentioned that it's "not great". They are enjoying it to the fullest. I'd argue most who get an iPhone really do like it. Or at least think it's decent.
    Last edited by xandrex; 04-24-08 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Comment.
    04-24-08 12:24 AM
    Yester, cover your eyes, people rippin on it before it's even out. Wow.
    It's not a phone, it's a berry, the missing link berry if you will. Has more memory, a bigger screen and the full keyboard that the pearl is lacking.
    Has a camera, video, and mms abilities that the world phones are missing, and is fairly pocketable.
    Most people that have BBs, rely on them for business, and to be honest, most people that have vzw, rely on the network or everyone would be on tmo for the price.
    Not to rip on iphones, but they are trendy, little, locked down WAAY worse than vzw could do it, web surfing ipods.
    End of rant...

04-24-08 02:01 AM
    Yester, cover your eyes, people rippin on it before it's even out. Wow.
    It's not a phone, it's a berry, the missing link berry if you will. Has more memory, a bigger screen and the full keyboard that the pearl is lacking.
    Has a camera, video, and mms abilities that the world phones are missing, and is fairly pocketable.
    Most people that have BBs, rely on them for business, and to be honest, most people that have vzw, rely on the network or everyone would be on tmo for the price.
    Not to rip on iphones, but they are trendy, little, locked down WAAY worse than vzw could do it, web surfing ipods.
    End of rant...

Well put. It truly is a solid all around performing (and looking) device and is why it is very popular.
    04-24-08 04:15 AM
    Why should I cover my eyes? Because somebody doesn't know what size certain phones are lol....

Anyways please don't turn this into a Curve Vs. Iphone thread........ It's not worth it.
    04-24-08 09:28 PM
    A Curve vs. iPhone thread would be endless...
    04-25-08 07:07 PM
    I'm new to smartphones so excuse me if this is a dumb question, but is it not possible to buy an unlocked Blackberry Curve and use it with Verizon? Or would you not be able to get Verizon service?
    04-26-08 12:41 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier. GSM unlocked phones will not work on this network. You'd need an unlocked CDMA phone (such as Sprint) - which is not out yet either.
    04-26-08 12:56 PM
    Some of you have sent me Pm's asking if I had any info on the release date and also pricing, well just got off the phone and apparently Verizon has pushed back the phone a little bit, this is till the weekend of mothers day. Why ? I was told At&t is having a large mothers day promotion and Verizon wants to have competition with them and they will be releasing the Env2 and curve the weekend of May 10th. This also includes online ordering. I was also told by my contact that the pricing has changed a bit. More details when they come available.
    04-26-08 03:30 PM
    People are already getting env2';s. wonder if curves will start getting delivered a bit early....
    04-26-08 08:23 PM
    It's not officially available for DF, Some have been able to order it from a Rep. But, it's not officially released yet for DF.
    Last edited by yester18; 04-26-08 at 09:13 PM.
    04-26-08 08:31 PM
    Yikes! Even longer waiting? I'm gonna die. My current cell is hanging on by a string.
    04-27-08 01:29 AM
    Hello All:

My phone upgrade date is June 10th. Is Verizon flexible at all on these dates?? I was hoping to get this moved up to whenever the Curve is coming out......or do i have to deal with my current phone (which is one stiff breeze away from dying) another month?
    04-27-08 01:53 PM
263 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD