05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 ... 34567 ...
tools
    oh yay!!!!
    03-11-08 05:36 PM
    I gotta say ...

I went to my local barber today. And the girl that works there has a t mobile curve. And I was like "oooh nice... "
    And I was playing around with it and checking out the wifi (its a 8320 I think) and it was really sweet.
    Then I looked at the signal bar. And it was almost no signal. She said she couldn't make calls from work... I looked at my pearl and it was full power signal 1xev.

That's why I'm waiting...

-db
    It was SOO nice though. . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    don't you cheat on our pearls db! lol

I don't know for sure, but everything I've read lately says GPS only.

Release date seems to be sometime between end of March and May based on all the folks who "know" and post.
    i can imagine verizon will charge for gps and/or wifi if available based on their track record, tho db seems to be in the know.

i only looked at this thread b/c it has been viewed over 22,000 times! holy moses! looks like a lot of people are waiting for the curve . . .
    03-11-08 05:42 PM
    That's the pearl she's holding. It just a distorted image.
    03-11-08 08:37 PM
    That's the pearl she's holding. It just a distorted image.
    I might agree if the whole image was distorted, but its not. The woman's image is not distorted and there's no way the device in front of her is distorted, unless the device was photoshopped in. There would be no reason to do that if the device was a pearl.
    03-11-08 09:35 PM
    The image she's holding is clearly a pearl. Perhaps they widened the phone image to match her hand, I'm not sure. But it's identical to the backing of my verizon pearl and looks nothing like any curve, not even the test cdma model curve we've all seen photo's of.
    03-12-08 07:10 AM
    The image she's holding is clearly a pearl. Perhaps they widened the phone image to match her hand, I'm not sure. But it's identical to the backing of my verizon pearl and looks nothing like any curve, not even the test cdma model curve we've all seen photo's of.
    Unforturnately this was cleared up by LP on their site !doh!
    03-12-08 01:43 PM
    According to Phone Arena.com the CDMA curve that is coming out in Q1 of 08 is for Sprint.
    03-12-08 07:55 PM
    It seems with all the talk and hype around the BB curve coming to VZW, I have found myself getting really excited.

I really love my 8830WE, and when I first got it, I thought I could live without a camera, etc. Then I realized that I would rather have it and not need it.

This goes the same for voice notes.

I am interested in getting a Curve now, (Only on VZW, of course) but does the Curve offer the voice note feature? This would make life sooooo grand!
    03-13-08 10:29 AM
    No one knows for sure yet, but I gotta think if the pearl has it, the curve will too.
    03-13-08 01:16 PM
    If it doesnt have it, the next OS upgrade does have it.
    03-13-08 02:35 PM
    I've been a Verizon customer for years because I wanted the best possible service available. I still don't want to switch.
    Unfortunately after years as a Palm user I was also dying to get rid of the 10 pound brick that is the Treo and go to the Curve. As an intermediate measure I got the Pearl and I love it! I miss my full Qwerty keyboard so when the Curve is out for Verizon---my wife will get my pretty "almost new" Pearl.
    03-17-08 10:30 PM
    I spoke to a sales person yesterday and she thought it would be out within a month.....I hope this is true. Can anyone answer my question about being able to catergorize my appointments in color? I used the color on my palm and would like to be able to use it on a blackberry.
    03-18-08 09:18 AM
    I spoke to a sales person yesterday and she thought it would be out within a month.....I hope this is true. Can anyone answer my question about being able to catergorize my appointments in color? I used the color on my palm and would like to be able to use it on a blackberry.
    I don't believe you can catergorize your appointments in color, but it would be helpful.

As far as the Curve goes, Sprint's is almost ready to launch, so I don't see Verizon's launch being too far off either.
    03-18-08 09:27 AM
    03-19-08 10:26 PM
    I can't believe that out of all the phones, this has to be the one Sprint gets before verizon... unbelievable...
    03-20-08 11:36 AM
    Damn..... we miss out again
    03-20-08 02:26 PM
    the curve rules why dont you just get an unlocked curve and use it for your verizon.
    03-20-08 02:36 PM
    because u cannot i would if could lol
    03-20-08 02:38 PM
    the curve rules why dont you just get an unlocked curve and use it for your verizon.
    Because all the Curves currently out are GSM genius, not CDMA. Two totally different radio technologies. God I'm going to be happy when everyone is on 4G radios throughout the country/world by 2012.
    03-20-08 05:41 PM
    Verizon always gets the good phones last. If they get it all... I have yet to any proof of a verizon curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 05:47 PM
    yup there is no proof yet just many rumors
    03-20-08 06:02 PM
    God I'm going to be happy when everyone is on 4G radios throughout the country/world by 2012.

Yeah it will be great when everything's consistent.
    03-20-08 06:24 PM
    Yeah it will be great when everything's consistent.
    Add to that the fact that 4G will be SIM based again. Finally, chaning phones on Verizon in less the 5 secs as apposed to in less then 5 minutes like it is now.
    03-20-08 10:31 PM
    yup there is no proof yet just many rumors
    Sprint is launching the Curve April 20th. I wouldn't be suprised if VZW launches the same time if not earlier as they always beat my Sprint to the punch! I don't see them letting Sprint launch the Curve and an unlimited plan that includes BB service when theirs doesn't.

VZDub will launch it but a release date or some pics would be nice!
    03-20-08 11:31 PM
    listen, i heard it was coming out on may. lets place bets.
    03-21-08 12:59 AM
263 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD