05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Actually, I have seen/posted much more information in these two forums then in this one:
    LP,

I use the same name here and in HF, but have posted here more, and have read both threads. I follow everything that you post because I know you know what you're talking about. I just sucks waiting (even though i'm patient) because everyone else gets to play with their crackberries and I wait...
    02-28-08 03:23 PM
    LP,

I use the same name here and in HF, but have posted here more, and have read both threads. I follow everything that you post because I know you know what you're talking about. I just sucks waiting (even though i'm patient) because everyone else gets to play with their crackberries and I wait...
    I'm waiting too...don't even have a smart phone.
    02-28-08 03:35 PM
    LP,

Yeah, it sucks. That's why knowing things ahead of time has its negatives. Waiting for something for so long gets old...

02-28-08 04:32 PM
    may, it's coming in may.

trust me :]
    03-04-08 11:48 PM
    may, it's coming in may.

trust me :]

Ok, I trust ya! But if your wrong? I think I'll cry. A lot rides on you now Cate!

03-05-08 06:16 AM
    a friend of mine just text messaged me a few minutes ago (at random) and he works for VZW and said he was going to get the Curve when they start getting them at VZW - when i pressed him as to released days he said this month, possibly next.....so i think its going to be soon, but as to how soon - who knows
    03-05-08 04:19 PM
    update: ETA is midapril
    03-06-08 11:05 AM
    Ok, I trust ya! But if your wrong? I think I'll cry. A lot rides on you now Cate!

oh man. oh man! :]
    03-06-08 02:21 PM
    well guess as all the "supposed" release dates that everyone gives gets closer and closer together, that means I can start to get my hope up.
    03-06-08 07:50 PM
    heh. My deadline to return my new pearl is march 25th. hopefully something concrete will surface by then or I'll have to keep it.
    03-07-08 09:13 AM
    heh. My deadline to return my new pearl is march 25th. hopefully something concrete will surface by then or I'll have to keep it.
    Mine is on March 26th. I'm going to return my 8830 and turn back on my Treo 700w until the Curve is released. That way I will be able to get the Curve as my upgrade as I did with my 8830.

It will be a long wait using my Treo 700w after using a crackberry8830 but I think the Curve will be worth it. Come on Verizon, hurry up you little weasels!!
    03-07-08 09:39 AM
    heh I gues I'm more fortunate that all I need to do is reactivate my old 8703. I'll miss the MMS but itll be worth the wait if the curve comes soon after.
    03-07-08 10:43 AM
    I dont think that Verizon really likes blackberry everyone i know who has a BB on Verizon hates it because they cant do anything
    03-07-08 10:58 AM
    I think they're coming around. The BB was a business platform for them and they restricted it to that mindset and audience. Now that the consumer blackberrys are hitting verizon and more consumers are buying them, I feel thier stance is shifting.
    03-07-08 11:01 AM
    I dont think that Verizon really likes blackberry everyone i know who has a BB on Verizon hates it because they cant do anything
    What can't you do?
    03-07-08 11:25 AM
    I gotta say ...

I went to my local barber today. And the girl that works there has a t mobile curve. And I was like "oooh nice... "
    And I was playing around with it and checking out the wifi (its a 8320 I think) and it was really sweet.
    Then I looked at the signal bar. And it was almost no signal. She said she couldn't make calls from work... I looked at my pearl and it was full power signal 1xev.

That's why I'm waiting...

-db
    It was SOO nice though. . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 01:06 PM
    just wondering, does anybody know when we actually get the curve if it will be the wifi version
    03-08-08 08:16 PM
    I don't know for sure, but everything I've read lately says GPS only.

Release date seems to be sometime between end of March and May based on all the folks who "know" and post.
    03-09-08 07:55 AM
    it will not have wifi...

-db
    03-09-08 08:03 AM
    I just heard that it was coming to VZW so I hope it's very soon. I bought an 8830 yesterday and I like it but the lack of a camera kind of annoys me. The Pearl was nice but too small and I really prefer QWERTY to Shuertype.

I have 30 days to return the 8830 no questions asked, so assuming the Curve doesn't come out can I return it & move back to my old VX8100, then get the Curve (and the discount) when it comes out?
    03-09-08 12:10 PM
    Yes, I had the same conversation with my corp. rep and a verizon cust. svc rep. I asked if I return the pearl I got w/in 30 days and get the curve when it comes out, (although they had no idea when/if it was coming out) would I lose my new every 2 discount because i used it on the pearl upgrade? they said no, becuase I was returning the device I used it on therefore i'd get it back to use on something else.
    03-09-08 01:19 PM
    Yes, I had the same conversation with my corp. rep and a verizon cust. svc rep. I asked if I return the pearl I got w/in 30 days and get the curve when it comes out, (although they had no idea when/if it was coming out) would I lose my new every 2 discount because i used it on the pearl upgrade? they said no, becuase I was returning the device I used it on therefore i'd get it back to use on something else.
    that's great news. I was going to go with a treo but I liked the BBerry's feel & speed more - but not having a cam on it is a real bummer (I have a 3 year old so being able to take a pic on the fly is a lot of fun with him!). The curve seems to add the cam to what the 8830 already does so I guess I'll return it & wait for the Curve.

The bummer is I already loaded up my contacts and set up the bb email - oh well.
    03-09-08 01:41 PM
    I woke up this morning and decided after getting an email from verizon a couple of days ago regarding an update for my treo (the 1.22 software) updater that I would actually update my phone. After successfully updating the phone, it would not connect back to the network, therefore I called trusty verizon and they gave me the bad news, hard reset time. Of course it still didn't work.

Conveniently my NE2 is coming in May, I could forgo it and pay the $50 deductible and get a new phone, or buy the phone outright and have her give me the online credit with rebate over the phone. I chose to finally become an addict and get a red 8830 for the 30 day trial.

Here's the bottom line...LP, I agree most reps do not know their mouth from their a**hole, but this rep continued to give bad news of no curve coming. As we were talking about blackberries and verizon phones she claimed to look in the "system" and not see an SKU for it. She also asked how did I know it was coming for Verizon or anyone else, and I told her about this site and others like phone arena. Now I am in agreement with everyone here and am thirsty for the curve, I just hope she is totally mistaken and when my phone gets here on tuesday the curve does come out before the 30 day trial is over and I can return the 8830...
    03-09-08 05:07 PM
    of course there is no sku for it...

it hasnt been released and therefore is not in their system..

while i am loyal to verizon as a customer...i will say that the universe of what the sales reps DON'T know is a vast and endless amount of information...

remember...they are trying to keep track of what 30, 40 devices that verizon sells...

so to assume that they will dedicate their time to researching whether or not a device might POSSIBLY be released SOMEtime...well...thats asking a bit much from a group that is only interested in selling phone plans (NOT phones....)

am i making GROSS generalizations...? of course.

am i probably right...? you decide...

sure we all may have met an vzw employee who was blackberry saavy...but even they know only as much as we do on crackberry and usually less...

-db
    03-09-08 05:13 PM
    03-11-08 05:18 PM
263 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD