05-11-08 03:51 PM
263 12345 ...
tools
    Hello

I hate to beat on this bloody horse, but ..

I broke my phone and got a replacement from insurance, went to VZ store to have it transfered, blah blah blah

upon completion i asked the service tech if he knew anything about the curve. he said he expects it will be released "by next month"

So i asked how he knew this and he said he couldnt say

*shrugs*
    LOL same thing happened to me when I went to the VZ store yesterday. She gave me the "by next month" answer. I asked where she got that info from. She said she couldnt say.

*double shrug*
    02-22-08 12:39 AM
    LOL same thing happened to me when I went to the VZ store yesterday. She gave me the "by next month" answer. I asked where she got that info from. She said she couldnt say.

*double shrug*
    I've also been told this answer, but I have been promised a release date as soon as it's available. I will in-turn post it here of course when I get it.
    02-22-08 04:10 AM
    I asked my Verizon rep at the Stroud Mall in PA. He's worked there a few years & he actually seems quite knowledgeable.

When I asked him about the Curve he claimed to know nothing about it. He did say he would immediately ditch his phone for the Curve if it does become available.
    02-22-08 07:52 AM
    I,too, am waiting to use my new every 2 discount. Does anyone know if that discount expires?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 11:03 AM
    I,too, am waiting to use my new every 2 discount. Does anyone know if that discount expires?
    I've had my new every two discount waiting for almost two years now. There just haven't been any phones that I've been really interested in, excluding the Pearl. But now I'm awaiting the possible release of the Curve. If I don't see anything promising by the second week of March I think I'll go ahead and get the Pearl.
    02-22-08 05:22 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that the NE2 was good for only 6 months. Can't remember if it was it a section of the terms&conditions that someone posted. Anyone got any specific info?

UPDATE: Think this was what I was looking for:
    "If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming eligible; otherwise you may be charged full retail price to upgrade your current handset. The discount amount will be applied toward the 2-year Customer Agreement retail price. Secondary Family SharePlan lines are not eligible to participate in the program. The New Every Two discount cannot exceed the price of the phone after mail-in rebates."
    Last edited by skyys; 02-22-08 at 05:29 PM.
    02-22-08 05:25 PM
    Well i actually gave up waiting and switched from VZW to T-Mobile. I got the 8320 and love it and have had no problem with coverage. now if we could only get that new OS.
    02-22-08 05:39 PM
    They will not deny your NE2 after 6 months, even though it is stated in the fine print. I too am waiting on the Curve, which i think is about a month away, and already have my Pearl sold when I buy the Curve. I will keep my trusty 8830 as a back up.
    02-22-08 11:39 PM
    As A VZW rep the NE2 does not expire and if someone says it does go to a diffrent store.
    02-23-08 03:20 PM
    It will expire, but from reading other VZW reps post they will still give it to you. I doubt they would deny the discount and possibly lose a customer, plus its an oppurtunity to get you into a contract.
    02-23-08 06:34 PM
    How dare you say That we just want to get you back in a contract? Its only half true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-08 06:37 PM
    just went to another verizon store in manhattan, the rep said he has had at least 20 people come to the store today and ask about the curve.

he told me that verison has announced that they will be releasing the curve (Is this true?!?!) but not a release date. So we ARE getting it, but just dont know when.

Any truth to the announcement part of that?
    02-25-08 01:43 PM
    Nothing official in Verizon Press Releases.
    02-25-08 02:06 PM
    we just need to stop fooling ourselves lol
    02-25-08 02:57 PM
    nothing like a little internet hype to get the masses foaming at ther mouth...

If I were verizon I'd do the same thing...look at you people...

WHEN WHEN WHEN??!!!???

if it is meant to be it will be

-db (taoist bear)

not that I'm any different...
    02-25-08 03:08 PM
    nothing like a little internet hype to get the masses foaming at ther mouth...

If I were verizon I'd do the same thing...look at you people...

WHEN WHEN WHEN??!!!???

if it is meant to be it will be

-db (taoist bear)

not that I'm any different...
    It's easy to create hype when you offer a network with arguably the best overall coverage and reliability but your BlackBerry choices are poor. I don't see the point in getting a smart phone without a qwerty keyboard (pearl), but can't stand the 8830's keyboard and no camera factor.

I've been eligable for my new every two for several months now and want a Berry, just can't bring myself to buy any of the current offerings. That's what creates the hype - great coverage but somewhat poor phone choices when compared to the GSM carriers.
    02-25-08 03:34 PM
    the whole world is gsm...

-db

but I feel ya knockin...
    02-25-08 04:02 PM
    we just need to stop fooling ourselves lol
    c'mon cate, it's fate lol
    02-26-08 02:39 AM
    c'mon cate, it's fate lol
    lol.

well, even when curvey comes out, i'm remaining faithful to my pearl.

maybe.
    02-26-08 03:06 AM
    So there's a good chance of its release coming within the next two weeks? I'm really torn between the Curve and the Pearl right now. I don't know if I'll be happy with the Pearl's keyboard.

Also, how much do you think Curve will cost when it is first released? Does VZW normally offer some sort of rebates when it releases a new Blackberry or should I expect it to be in the $300 range?
    02-26-08 04:28 PM
    lol.

maybe.
    I have no doubt you will cross over to the darkside
    02-26-08 07:52 PM
    lol.

maybe.
    I actually probably will stick with my Pearl, at least til my upgrade date...

I don't see myself going to a bigger device, I love the smallness of the Pearl...
    02-26-08 08:01 PM
    I have no doubt you will cross over to the darkside
    ye of little faith!
    02-26-08 11:55 PM
    Actually, I have seen/posted much more information in these two forums then in this one:

This is a HUGE thread from the beginning rumors of the Verizon Curve until a couple days ago and has all currently available information (confirmed pics, dates, specs): HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Enough With The Pearl, I'm Ready For the Curve

This is the brand new "pre-release" thread that was created and summarizes the previous thread: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread

So, IOW, first one is nitty gritty and the second one is a summary. If you have the time and patience the first one is a pretty interesting read.
    Last edited by liquidplatinum; 02-27-08 at 12:46 AM.
    02-27-08 12:36 AM
    march or april.......
    02-27-08 03:04 PM
263 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD