05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 1234 ...
tools
    How much do you guys pay monthly for your Verizon BlackBerrys?
    01-22-08 01:30 AM
    How much do you guys pay monthly for your Verizon BlackBerrys?
    Nothing! I own it!
    But my unlimited data/email plan on BIS is $29.99 Plus I also have unlimited IN texting at $10 as an add on.
    01-22-08 04:33 AM
    Last night I went in and played around with a Verizon Pearl. I think I could get used to suretype. When I was with nextel had a 7100i but that was aweful to use. Verizon's Pearl was much easier to use. Then when they come out with a Curve, I will just pay full retail and get it. My wife says I am addicted and that is ok with me. I told her I could stop anytime I wanted and go back to regular phone, I just dont want to!!!
    01-22-08 07:04 AM
    I am going to hold on to my NE2 til it does, I got the pearl so now I'm happy, but will keep my upgrade for when it comes out. if it does.......
    01-22-08 07:55 AM
    At this point I cant see replacing my Pearl 8130 for anything, but I plan to have a curve as well.
    01-22-08 02:40 PM
    Ok, so there I was last night, in a different town 40 miles from the last one I was in where they gave me some hope of a Curve for VZ. The Rep asked if he could help and I said that I was just trying to talk myself into a Pearl. Instead of telling me how great the Pearl was he just said to hold on they are releasing a new BB. Curve? I asked, he didnt know, only that they are coming out with a new BB. Take it for what its worth, that is two stores now that have not tried to sell me a Pearl when they could have.
    01-24-08 07:01 AM
    It'll probably be a different colored pearl.
    01-24-08 08:29 AM
    It'll probably be a different colored pearl.
    POP! There goes my ballon!
    Wood Kill!
    01-24-08 08:43 AM
    haha sorry!
    01-24-08 08:55 AM
    Posted in another thread here at CB:
    Get ready for the CDMA BlackBerry Curve 8330 : BlackBerry Sync | get in sync with the latest BlackBerry news

Take it for what it's worth. No sources provided, could just be another rumor. Bet hey, all the anticipation is part of the fun, right? :-)
    Last edited by PDigg; 01-24-08 at 07:33 PM.
    01-24-08 07:27 PM
    POP! There goes my ballon!
    Wood Kill!
    x11tybillion
    01-28-08 09:30 AM
    Boy I really hope this is a stupid rumor!!!!!!

Just read this story on Rimarkable.

CDMA screwing **** up again.....
    02-04-08 02:16 PM
    Why would RIM all of a sudden change the physical design of a phone when switching radio technologies. They haven't done so yet... makes no sense to start now. More then likely a bogus take on a bad rumor. It'll most likely be Silver at first for VZW, but I doubt it'll look any different then any of the other Curves out there.

Now, here's the kicker. VZW's version will have crippled GPS, no Wifi, and you'll pay extra for MMS. Now that I'll believe.
    02-04-08 04:04 PM
    i'm new to this whole blackberry thing.... why would verizon have "crippled gps, no wifi, and pay extra for mms"
    02-06-08 06:03 PM
    i'm new to this whole blackberry thing.... why would verizon have "crippled gps, no wifi, and pay extra for mms"
    1. Crippled GPS.....yes they put a sort of crippling on it, but it still uses Voice-Activated GPS Navigation, and works very well. Also, I haven't heard of a free Gps Navigation...sure there are mapping programs that use GPS, but they are no comparision to Voice Activated GPS Navigation.

2. No wifi? They prevent the use of wifi so that you have to take advantage of their 3G network. In general, wifi on a blackberry doesn't matter anyway, and if you are getting a blackberry to use emails or browse the web, or even for mms, you will need a data plan, and EVDO 3G is very fast anyway, and even faster for tethering.

3. Pay extra for mms? You pay extra for mms on any phone from any provider who's not a "bargain carrier" ....I will not mention names, but I am not speaking of AT&T or Verizon Wireless.
    02-06-08 06:17 PM
    Should I have my doubts as to if the Curve is coming to Verizon?? I was in the local store two days ago and the rep looks on her computer and says "It's listed but we don't have any info on it. I keep hearing that it'll be sometime close to June". Ok, no biggie. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit to use my NE2 discount. Well, my kids wanted to get their phones now so I decided to upgrade them and me later. So yesterday I ask a different rep... when are you guys getting the curve?? Three of them are standing around and they all say "What's the deal with this curve?!? We've never heard of it." I tell them that it's a new fully QWERTY phone with a camera. One of the guys pipes up and says "oh, that's a cingular phone. We won't be getting that". I tell them that there are many rumors about one coming out soon. The manager says "Yeah, we won't be getting that one. The 8830 is our top version and since we cater to the big wig executives at General Motors we won't be offering one with a camera". I find that very interesting albeit, unbelievable. So, what I think is it's possible it's coming but maybe not. LOL Is that wishy-washy enough?
    02-16-08 07:07 AM
    Just have to laugh a bit at this whole thing. Most people complain about the mis information they get from verizon store employees, or retailers. Do you even know what the turnover rate is for these places? Its unbeliveable! I used to work for a Verizon resaler called The Wireless Zone in CT. Couldnt tell you how many employees we had in a couple year period. Let alone the number of employees they have going in and out of all the Verizon stores. Or any carrier for that actually. It doesnt surprise me if you asked about a current model on their shelves and they had no idea what you were talking about! I'm not knocking any one of our forum or site users, I just get a kick out of putting any faith into what most of these so called "informed salespeople" come up with when they just really have no idea! Now granted, some are definitly on top of their game and there is no excuse for bad info unless it just isnt getting to them. I just say, I'll belive it when I see it. And I do wish the Curve would be here soon!

Good day all and lets keep our collective fingers and toes crossed to!

T
    02-16-08 04:48 PM
    A good friend on mine is a vzw corp store manager and he said he expects to get the Curve next month. He doesn't have a specific date and becuase of the Samsung (i760) delay fiasco there is not certainty. Either way, he said the Curve is 100% coming to vzw.
    02-16-08 08:53 PM
    Ok, so there I was last night, in a different town 40 miles from the last one I was in where they gave me some hope of a Curve for VZ. The Rep asked if he could help and I said that I was just trying to talk myself into a Pearl. Instead of telling me how great the Pearl was he just said to hold on they are releasing a new BB. Curve? I asked, he didnt know, only that they are coming out with a new BB. Take it for what its worth, that is two stores now that have not tried to sell me a Pearl when they could have.
    Do you already have VZW? If so, none of the reps care if you buy a set or not...they don't make any money on it.
    02-16-08 08:55 PM
    VZW will be getting the Curve, as Sprint will be launching it in the at the end of Q1 or first part of Q2.
    02-16-08 09:58 PM
    I don't know how accurate this info is, but thought I would share it with everyone anyway, just in case.

I called Verizon customer service today, because I had a question unrelated to "when are we getting the curve?". Anyway, after talking to the rep, she asked me why I had not used my new every two upgrade yet (my upgrade became available in January, but my current contract is not up until May). I explained to her that I was waiting for the Curve before I did so, and she told me that as of February 14, I could purchase a Curve from any other wireless carrier (ie: AT&T) and take it to a Verizon store and they would convert it for me within three weeks and have it activated.

again, not sure how true this is, but thought I'd share the information. if anyone has any other insight on this, please let me know.
    02-18-08 07:20 PM
    I don't know how accurate this info is, but thought I would share it with everyone anyway, just in case.

I called Verizon customer service today, because I had a question unrelated to "when are we getting the curve?". Anyway, after talking to the rep, she asked me why I had not used my new every two upgrade yet (my upgrade became available in January, but my current contract is not up until May). I explained to her that I was waiting for the Curve before I did so, and she told me that as of February 14, I could purchase a Curve from any other wireless carrier (ie: AT&T) and take it to a Verizon store and they would convert it for me within three weeks and have it activated.

again, not sure how true this is, but thought I'd share the information. if anyone has any other insight on this, please let me know.
    Unfortunately, I don't think this is accurate and likely not even possible. Verizon and ATT operate on completely different technologies, so their devices run on completely different chip sets. Verizon is CDMA and ATT is GSM. The only other major CDMA Carrier, Sprint, has not released the Curve yet either.
    02-18-08 07:29 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't think this is accurate and likely not even possible. Verizon and ATT operate on completely different technologies, so their devices run on completely different chip sets. Verizon is CDMA and ATT is GSM. The only other major CDMA Carrier, Sprint, has not released the Curve yet either.
    Yep, you were told the wrong info unfortunately.
    02-18-08 08:39 PM
    Any updated news on the Curve? I just got my first BB, an 8830 and I'm hooked. But like a previous poster I really miss my old Treo's camera. Also, will the Curve have full B.E.S. functionality just like the 8830?

Thanks,
    Rick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-08 09:34 PM
    Hello

I hate to beat on this bloody horse, but ..

I broke my phone and got a replacement from insurance, went to VZ store to have it transfered, blah blah blah

upon completion i asked the service tech if he knew anything about the curve. he said he expects it will be released "by next month"

So i asked how he knew this and he said he couldnt say

*shrugs*
    02-21-08 02:16 PM
263 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD