05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 ... 91011
tools
    If anyone tries to call TeleSales and the CS rep doesn't know what you're talking about, ask them to run the sku "bb8330c" in the system.

HoFo is getting several posters that have successfully ordered and are expecting their VZ Curve tomorrow...

Like I said - not a guarantee and it may take several calls, but for those who are absolutely jonesing for a Curve on VZ before 5/9 or 5/12 . . .
    05-01-08 12:54 PM
    I think best bet is to get this Shane guy to call you. Idk what his name on that site is, anyone have any idea.
    His name = vzwshane
    05-01-08 01:19 PM
    I just talked to a friend I have in customer service and she told me that it is in their register for May 9th telesales, but they cannot take orders until then.

You can get the phone for as cheap as $119. Yes it's true....

$??? retail value
    $319 2 year contract renewal
    $219 $100 discount for PDA unlimited data plan option ($29.99 per month)
    $169 after $50 2 yr phone upgrade
    $119 after $50 mail in rebate
    05-01-08 01:55 PM
    Wht's the deal with this Shane guy??? Does he work for Verizon?? Why can he complete the transaction but no one else can??

Is he legit??
    05-01-08 03:48 PM
    I ordered a curve thru good ol' fashioned customer service and am expecting it to arrive FedEx tomorrow. After reading some more of the posts I got nervous and thought that perhaps i got some flunky at CS rep who didn't know what they were talking about and they are going to send me some other phone or they put my order in and it will ship after May 9 release date. I got nervous, called them back and confirmed, "YES" a Blackberry Curve 8330 silver in color will be shipped to my home and will arrive via FedEx by 10:30 AM May 2, 2008. The rep I spoke w/ was sort of baffled that this was even an issue, she was like, "yeah, it's not officially released til may 9, but we have them in stock and ready to ship." I think the main issue is price.... since it's prior to the official relase date the promo discounts aren't all there. I'm a loyal VZW customer and am upgrading w/ coroprate discounts, mail in rebates, the whole 9 yards and am still paying $350 for my curve since I ordered it today, CS rep I spoke w/ said it would be around $120 if I waitied 'til 5/9
    05-01-08 05:18 PM
    I called 4 times today and got 4 different responses. And no Curve!! The best was "Sir I don't know how you got that SKU but even though it populated on my screen my supervispr said they are not going to be available until mid May. The saga continues.
    05-01-08 05:35 PM
    I just ordered it and it's being shipped overnight.

You have to make sure you are taking to call center in the Midwest or South.

Then tell them to look up the sku code "bb8330c"

My rep was surprised and didn't even know it was there.
    05-01-08 06:08 PM
    Just got off the phone with CS, they said it is a glitch in the system and they must be pre-orders. The rep said I was the 4th person he spoke to who heard it was released. They are available in the SouthWest because thats where their warehouse is (Texas) but there are none in inventory. He said he has been told May 9th. If anyone actually receives one be sure to let us know.
    05-01-08 08:22 PM
    persistance pays off keep trying. ordered mine yesterday got the tracking number and according to fedex its in transit and the package weighs 3lbs (pretty heavy for an empty box)
    05-03-08 11:19 AM
    got mine this am...it rocks
    05-03-08 11:22 AM
    05-03-08 11:29 AM
    Looks great, yester. Tease us who don't have it, eh?
    05-03-08 01:26 PM
    Well now I'm in a quandry. It's in the store. The lady at Verizon asked me if I wanted her to go in the back and get it.

I couldn't wait for the Curve to switch from Palm to Blackberry so I got the Pearl. Now, I don't know if I want to switch to the larger phone! I miss my full qwerty keyboard (I think) but I love having a smaller phone again. Arrrgh!
    05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD