05-11-08 03:51 PM
263 ... 891011
tools
    Sweet! That's within my 30 day return period, I can get a Curve =)
    04-30-08 02:14 PM
    see good things happen with time
    04-30-08 03:23 PM
    Woo Hoo!!!!

I finally a date....wonder when Verizon will put it on their "next phones" site for our pining gazes.... =)
    04-30-08 03:43 PM
    I don't think they will. the other phones like the pearl and Voyager, etc were up there for a few weeks. we are only talking a week till online ordering can be done..... it will be rushed if it happens....
    04-30-08 04:17 PM
    Wow you guys are late - Bell has been selling the 8330 for like, 3 weeks now?
    04-30-08 04:18 PM
    Yes, all of us Americans (with the exception of the AllTel users) with CDMA carriers have been impatiently waiting for a release date. May 9th! That's great. That's the Friday after next!
    04-30-08 05:17 PM
    so does this mean that there's still a data plan activation discount? I know it disappeared online from the i760 (which is also in the running, but falling farther behind daily).

I can't wait either way.
    04-30-08 06:44 PM
    I already did my upgrade but I want a Curve so bad I'll probably pay retail. I will accept charity so PIN me to see where to mail the money orders (don't want to deal with bounced checks lol).
    04-30-08 08:53 PM
    I wonder why you are so late on your CDMA when ours has been available for so long?

Guess Canada isn't so behind afterall...
    04-30-08 09:42 PM
    Testman is down lol

got the widget running

04-30-08 11:13 PM
    I wonder why you are so late on your CDMA when ours has been available for so long?

Guess Canada isn't so behind afterall...
    Perhaps Verizon wants to "test" the device more (aka disable features)?
    04-30-08 11:56 PM
    Yes dave I am very confident that there is.

Just another way to get more money out of you, but seriously who would get a bb and not get the data plan, its like getting a ferrari and driving around with your grandmother in it.
    05-01-08 10:11 AM
    I switched to Verizon on the 10th of April, then after a day or two I switched to the 8830 cause the Moto Q 9m was a piece of crap, wanted to try out windows mobile for a little while, and now the Curve comes out on the 12th, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I wonder if they will do me a solid, if not I got a backup plan.

Let's say you are within your 30 day period but they ran out of the phone you want and won't get it back until the 30 day period is over, are you out of luck there or not.
    05-01-08 10:12 AM
    If they run out of the phone which is highly unlikely, but yes they will allow you to go over waiting for the device, since it's not your fault..... but not a good back up plan since it will not happen...... Maybe try and work something out with your rep.. but looks like full retail to me..
    05-01-08 10:23 AM
    I mean its not that horrible since my sisters wants the env2 so Ill just trade for that and shell use her discount which comes up in a few days for the curve when it comes out on the 12th.

I plan on being with Verizon for the long haul so thankfully I probably wont have to deal with any of this again, looks like the curve will be a phone that should be with me for a while.
    05-01-08 10:25 AM
    I switched to Verizon on the 10th of April, then after a day or two I switched to the 8830 cause the Moto Q 9m was a piece of crap, wanted to try out windows mobile for a little while, and now the Curve comes out on the 12th, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I wonder if they will do me a solid, if not I got a backup plan.

Let's say you are within your 30 day period but they ran out of the phone you want and won't get it back until the 30 day period is over, are you out of luck there or not.
    If you just switched to Verizon, then you're still within your 30 day cancellation period. If you got the phone from a store, then go back to the store and ask if you can exchange after the Curve comes out. Tell them, if they don't you'll cancel your new line of service and port your number to another carrier then port it back to Verizon at another store. The sales rep and mgmt at the store would rather not lose the activation.
    05-01-08 10:30 AM
    King21 you are correct he is within his 30 days, but the 10th it is up in May. so 2 days with out something. it's up to him.... I would just suggest going back tothe same rep. Working with one person is not going to hurt and good communication is key. It's worth a shot but being with Verizon for 8 years I have never been told I can wait till a device comes out... I was always told tough....

Give it a shot and let us know
    05-01-08 10:37 AM
    Okay so I got like 6 pm's in the past 10 min. asking about return and exchanging pearls for the cruve, etc.

Here it is in Black and white. http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=j7tnW21h

If you return your merchandise, even by mistake, more than 30 days after your purchase, you will not receive a refund and the merchandise you returned will not be returned to you.
    At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you a fee for a missing item, or for items that we determine are damaged or require service. If you return and we accept your merchandise within the 30-day return period, we will refund your merchandise purchase price. If you return a phone without the UPC on the box, the amount of the refund will be reduced by the amount of any mail-in rebate that was available for the phone at the time of purchase.
    Purchases made by cash or check, credit card, or gift card will be refunded by check, credit card, or gift card respectively.
    If you received your merchandise through a "Buy One, Get One Free" or similar offer, both items must be returned in order to receive a refund. If you received a discount based on the purchase of an item, the return of that item will result in the forfeit of the discount, which may be deducted from any refund amount. For exchanges for the same merchandise make and model, only the item to be exchanged needs to be included.

Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like-new condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $20 Device Activation Fee will apply. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless online store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for more details on completing your exchange.
    If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for more information on completing your exchange.
    If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.

Eligible Defective Handset Exchanges
    If your phone malfunctions as a result of a manufacturing defect after the return and exchange period but within the first year that you own the phone, Verizon Wireless will either exchange your phone for a like unit or one of comparable quality at no cost to you, or assist you in sending the phone to the manufacturer's authorized repair facility.

If you choose to exchange your phone, the phone you receive may be refurbished equipment. Once you have exchanged your phone, we will not be able to undo the exchange and return your original phone to you. If you have difficulty with the refurbished phone, Verizon Wireless will replace it with another refurbished phone. Refurbished phones will carry the remaining warranty period from the original phone, or 90 days, whichever is greater. Unless you have enrolled in the Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage programs, Verizon Wireless will access a fee for equipment that is replaced due to electrical malfunction or manufacturer defect after the one-year warranty period.

Phones subjected to neglect, misuse, water damage, unreasonable wear and tear, and the like, are not eligible for any return or exchange program. This program does not cover lost or stolen phones. These policies do not limit or supersede any existing manufacturer's warranties.

This program may be considered to be a "warranty" or "service contract" in certain states. In these states, please refer to the Verizon Wireless warranty brochure or service contract for full details.
    05-01-08 11:24 AM
    Just Posted on Engadget Mobile:
    Turns out the Glyde's gonna have to share the spotlight a bit when it launches early next month. The Curve 8330 has been confirmed by our sources for a May 9 release through Verizon's B2B, web, and telesales channels, followed by a May 12 launch in "all channels" (which we assume means you'll be able to walk into any old store and grab one). It'll go for $319.99 before $50 rebate on a two-year contract, ranging all the way up to $439.99 if you have no interest in signing your name on the dotted line. 'Course, Sprint told us point-blank that it'd be launching the Curve in April and that didn't exactly pan out, so we recommend exercising some restraint here until your jaded heart actually spies it on Verizon's site -- or better yet, on a store shelf.
    05-01-08 11:30 AM
    That was up yesterday.

Oh and it's in stock on Telesales!! go get em guys and gals.
    05-01-08 11:31 AM
    yester are you saying that telesales will sell me a curve NOW. If so thank you very much as I can end this horrid nightmare.
    05-01-08 11:46 AM
    If you also follow yester18's and others' posts on HoFo, you'd see...

TeleSales has the Curve in stock! They can/will sell to you and get it shipped in 1-2 days*

*They may only be in the midwest area call centers & it may take you several tries to get an agreeable CS rep. Read the forum and start flexing your dialing fingers!

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread
    05-01-08 01:36 PM
    NY and called and got a no we arent selling them yet, May 9th.
    05-01-08 01:44 PM
    *shrug*

Some folks said it took several calls to get a savvy and/or helpful TeleSales person who could/would put it through.

Worth a try though, huh?
    05-01-08 01:46 PM
    I think best bet is to get this Shane guy to call you. Idk what his name on that site is, anyone have any idea.
    05-01-08 01:51 PM
263 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD