05-11-08 02:51 PM
263 123 ...
tools
    I'm a Verizon customer, and I really don't want to switch. I know alot of people out there say that the difference in networks isn't that much, but I know from being around my friends w/T-Mo& AT&T that I definitely get service where they don't. That being said, I REALLY WANT THE CURVE! I've been lurking around blogs picking up on all threads pertaining to it, and some have said that it's coming to Verizon in Q1 of 08.. has anyone heard anything else about it? I do not want the Pearl - I don't like the size of the phone or the SureType keyboard, and I don't like the 8830 either (my phone would be for personal use not business).. If anyone has heard any new info on the 8330 coming to Verizon, please please please share... I'm at the end of my rope, and I really don't want to switch carriers...
    10-26-07 11:58 AM
    I used to live in northern NJ (just too damn expensive and too much traffic!) and years ago, AT&T and Cingular had class action lawsuits against them in NY, NJ, and CT becuase of poor service coverage. I've been told that they have gotten better but like you, I'm not yet willing to switch from Verizon. VZW is by far the most expensive carrier in the area, but it's also the best from a coverage perspective.

From what I heard in a store out here in Pittsburgh is that right before the holidays, VZW will launch a version of the new 8830 with a camera. It's not exactly the Curve, but it's better than what they're offering now. Then again, you never know if what you hear in these stores and kiosks are true.

My plan is up in March. If VZW doesn't have anything new by then, I'll probably be more motivated to switch carriers.

Good luck!
    Rob
    10-26-07 05:21 PM
    Curve is definitely coming to Verizon. I spoke to a Verizon employee yesterday and he was telling me that the Verizon engineers are testing it right now. He's seen it and says its black. Also, he joked that the Verizon engineers are showing it off to other employees and kidding around with them that they get to play with the curve...

Now he wasn't sure about timing but "thought" it would be early next year depending on how the current round of testing goes.
    10-27-07 10:20 AM
    I agree I want the curve badly. I have the 8830 for personal use and it suits me well but I need a phone with a camera. I was so used to my treo with the camera that I became spoiled. As soon as the curve comes out I am buying it. The pearl is too small and I am not keen on the keypad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-07 11:47 AM
    Curve is definitely coming to Verizon. I spoke to a Verizon employee yesterday and he was telling me that the Verizon engineers are testing it right now. He's seen it and says its black. Also, he joked that the Verizon engineers are showing it off to other employees and kidding around with them that they get to play with the curve...

Now he wasn't sure about timing but "thought" it would be early next year depending on how the current round of testing goes.

They have been saying late Q1 2008 for the Curve. I haven't seen anything as of late to prove otherwise.

Personally, I going to get the 8130 and then eBay it when the 8330 comes out.
    10-27-07 03:32 PM
    I really want this phone to come out for VZW. Exept I have a year and a half left on my plan. I was also thinking about just buying it anyways with all the extra fee anyways. My next question is I was thinking about buying a new housing for my 8830. Is is worth it to buy the housing if the Curve is coming out in Q1 of 08? Is it really coming out at that time or is Verizon just trying to keep us on our feet? You never can tell with them can you?

10-28-07 08:12 PM
    I would say change to housing.... It well worth it. I changed mine to a black case and love it.
    10-28-07 08:16 PM
    Thank you for the info gtnator!!! I was also just in my local Verizon store helping my mother get a new phone, and I talked to the rep - I asked him if it was true that the Curve was dropping in Q1 of 2008 and he laughed and smiled knowingly and said "we have new phones coming out all the time..." which said it all. HOORAY!!!!
    11-01-07 03:30 PM
    Yeah i heard Q1 of 08 as well. My thinking has been along the same lines as liquidplatinum about ditching the 8130 when the curve comes out.
    11-04-07 06:35 PM
    Now the question is, do we tough it out with our 8703's or older units based on a rumored date or get something in the interim?
    11-05-07 12:54 PM
    They have been saying late Q1 2008 for the Curve. I haven't seen anything as of late to prove otherwise.

Personally, I going to get the 8130 and then eBay it when the 8330 comes out.
    hahaha That is what I plan to do.
    11-05-07 01:42 PM
    I was told by a verizon salesperson that I should wait for the curve when I was buying my bb8830 he said it was coming early 08, february I think. When it comes out I'm swithching I want the camera even though I'm in love with my 8830.

11-30-07 01:58 PM
    yipee the curve is coming Im super excited
    11-30-07 09:32 PM
    there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 8130. before i got mine i was absolutely certain i would hate suretype, but i got a great deal on it. now i can type fast as **** and it knows what i want to type. it just takes a few days is all.
    12-01-07 10:09 AM
    I am 100% sure that the curve WILL be coming out on verizon.
    12-01-07 07:39 PM
    See thats the phone i really wanted, but i love my 8830 too. I tried to wait to see if they would get the curve considering they now have the pearl. The sad thing is i've only had my 8830 for a month and a half. Wondering if I should have waited a little more longer.
    12-01-07 07:43 PM
    I really enjoy my 8830,and i've said this before I ned a curve because I need a camera, and i like the full kb, but sure type isn't bad maybe if i could get a good deal on the pearl i'd possibly switch..
    12-01-07 11:55 PM
    I just bought the 8130 and I like it alot but the moment the curve comes out Im buying it. First day.
    12-07-07 02:41 PM
    Not sure whether I believe the Q1 target for the Curve.

But Verizon has to be aware of the fact that a decent percentage of the new 8130 owners will move to the Curve. And I'm sure many are like me who took advantage of the NE2, ADC and MIR to get their 8130s for $50 (for both myself and my wife). So when the Curve comes out, we're hooked for full retail. Would add nicely to the financials for the quarter.
    12-08-07 07:34 AM
    Any more news about a firm date? Also, I was scoping out the BB website and saw the ability to trade your smartphone for a BB. Is a service plan required with that? Anyone use it before? You get decent jarket value?

12-08-07 01:13 PM
    I havent heard anything myself, every rep I've talked to don't know of any new BB's coming up.
    12-10-07 03:37 PM
    Just heard that they'll be releasing the Treo 755 anytime now. Maybe, just maybe, they'll release the Curve at the same time.

12-18-07 06:05 PM
    The 755p is available now.
    12-18-07 07:11 PM
    Oh what good news, My plan is coming up in march and this would be nice...

Snooping around blogs and forums, multiple people have stated that a VZW rep and informed them the curve will be coming out...

So I can only hope this will happen soon
    01-21-08 06:45 PM
    I'll believe it when I see it. I have the 8830 and love it, though would jump to the curve in a heartbeat. There's been a lot of hype about this phone on this network. Let's SEE it.

01-22-08 12:22 AM
263 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD