Don't know what to make of it. Your guess is as good as mine.

www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/MobileAccess.aspx
    07-05-09 04:01 AM
    good find pretty cool. Now the question is should I wait or pick up the tour in 2 weeks? Decisions decisions...
    07-05-09 04:45 AM
    I just got my Curve 8330 a week ago. I love it. The awesome thing is since I left Verizon and came back 3 days later they gave me $180 applied to my account and the Curve for $20. And best of all my contract date was not extended so I can get a new phone with 2 year pricing in 8 months! I figured by that time I'll get another BB.
    07-05-09 05:05 AM
    I just got my Curve 8330 a week ago. I love it. The awesome thing is since I left Verizon and came back 3 days later they gave me $180 applied to my account and the Curve for $20. And best of all my contract date was not extended so I can get a new phone with 2 year pricing in 8 months! I figured by that time I'll get another BB.
    Your contract & NE2 timing are separate. When you got the new discounted phone, your NE2 would be reset, regardless of what happened with the contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 05:54 AM
    I don't know, that picture looks like it could very well be a Tour and they just made a mistake... it's a little small, can't really tell.
    07-05-09 03:05 PM
    I can't imagine an 8900 coming out with the Tour on its way

07-05-09 03:53 PM
    I don't know, that picture looks like it could very well be a Tour and they just made a mistake... it's a little small, can't really tell.
    that is definetly a curve 8900.

the bottom of the phone is totally different than the tour....and it says curve right next to it.
    07-05-09 03:58 PM
    Your contract & NE2 timing are separate. When you got the new discounted phone, your NE2 would be reset, regardless of what happened with the contract.

My NE2 is reset, BUT the normal 2 year contract pricing on phones is not.
    07-05-09 04:04 PM
    OH... did you read the article a little closer... its a remote DVR app they are selling for FIOS. That just means that the app will be AVAILABLE for the 8330 Curve soon.. not that the PHONE is coming soon. They are still working on building Get it Now apps for BB's
    Storm is a little ahead of the "curve" as it were... they are getting great GIN apps pushed to the phones. I still cant get song ID on my phone.
    Last edited by heather.law; 07-05-09 at 04:17 PM.
    07-05-09 04:12 PM
    OH... did you read the article a little closer... its a remote DVR app they are selling for FIOS. That just means that the app will be AVAILABLE for the 8330 Curve soon.. not that the PHONE is coming soon. They are still working on building Get it Now apps for BB's
    Storm is a little ahead of the "curve" as it were... they are getting great GIN apps pushed to the phones. I still cant get song ID on my phone.

Did you read the article? Because That is the picture of the 8900 Curve. Not the 8330.
    07-05-09 09:45 PM
    I don't think so.. just the tour and storm2.
    07-05-09 11:03 PM
    Stock BB photos. Means nothing no matter what is in the article or pictures.

07-06-09 04:05 AM
    I would guess that's a mistake as well..
    07-06-09 10:50 PM
    They aren't going to use a stock photo of a phone they don't have or plan on releasing. That would just be lazy and unprofessional if they did.
    07-07-09 06:40 PM
    They aren't going to use a stock photo of a phone they don't have or plan on releasing. That would just be lazy and unprofessional if they did.
    My thoughts exactly. Fact is none of us will know until if/when it happens to come out.
    07-07-09 07:20 PM
    First off, I didn't look at the link - it is not mobile friendly. Wheb I open the laptop or am at a computer, I have better things to do. But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that the link is verizon.com and not verizonwireless.com - in other words, it is a separate company.

I also see reference above to FiOS & FiOS DVR, a Verizon product - not VZW.

Now with that, there are thousands of Verizon customers who use AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc for their wireless providers. I have seen Verizon Communications ads with images of phones that were never available with CDMA radios.

So no, it isn't a mistake and no, it does not indicate a device that VZW will be offering now, anytime soon, or ever. What they are trying to advertise is FiOS - and, if I am not mistaken, it can be used with other wireless providers as well as any Internet connection.

So without even looking at the entire piece - just a still screen-shot of one part of it, I am fairly confident in saying even if they put a Bold, a Pre & a Tilt on the ad, it has no bearing on Verizon WIRELESS offerings, plans or products.

But I will try to take time later, while relaxing, to look further. I may find myself wrong, but from what I've seen so far, I doubt it.

07-07-09 09:05 PM
    Touche Twins, touche.
    07-08-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD