I currently have a Venus but I've been wanting a Blackberry for months now. Finally able to get one, I just can't decide!

I really like the idea of having a physical keyboard, but I've heard bad things about the 8330's web browsing. Any truth to this?

I'll be using my phone primarily for texting, web surfing, emailing, and camera. I want typing to be easy as possible - I've played around with Curve dummies and I love the shape of the phone and the key layout. I know the Storm keyboard will be just as impressive if not more so but my current phone (previously mentioned Venus) has left me weary of touch screen.

Any advice?

** Lol sorry, I typed in 8830 instead of 8330 by accident!
    Last edited by hotchilly; 11-09-08 at 12:48 AM.
    11-09-08 12:22 AM
    I would atleast wait until you got to play with the storm. Also you might want to think about the curve that has the camera and video. specialy if ypu have kids

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 12:30 AM
    personal preference really. i can almost guarantee web surfing on the curve will be better than the venus, but if you want the actual internet than you may want to go with the storm. It's not that it's bad just behind the times. Let's not forget that RIM's moniker was business first and they have slowly walked into the consumer area. That is the reason for the Storm, RIM wanted to make that giant leap into the consumer area. For ease of typing nothing beats a physical keyboard, but if a monkey can be trained to perform human characteristics they don't posses, than you can easily train yourself to work an all touchscreen keyboard.
    11-09-08 02:22 AM
    I have the 8330, and I have no problems with browsing. I think it's the best phone I've ever had, so I'm a big fan of the Curve! BTW, welcome to the CB family!
    11-09-08 11:19 AM
    ive had the curve for a while . i think it has been teh best blackberry ive ever had. no problems, good reception . no software problems. light weight solid camera . and full keypad.... nice since i average 4000 text and emails per month . i couldnt see me doing the same volume on the storm .
    11-09-08 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD