So, I'm due for my NE2 upgrade in June. My Curve 8330 is really growing long in the tooth...lots of hourglasses, lock ups, and battery pulls. I submitted an email online about moving my up NE2 upgrade date, and also asking if my wife's line would be eligible for any discounts if we upgraded it to a data line. I received a polite reply a day later saying that, no, unfortunately, I was too far away from my upgrade date to be eligible (likewise for my wife's account).

A couple days later I received a form survey in my email. I filled it out, noting that the CS rep was very polite and thorough in his reply, but that ultimately he was unable to assist me with my request.

I received a call a couple days after that from a "Supervisor with Verizon's Customer Satisfaction Team" (something like that, not sure if that's the exact title). He said he was reviewing the customer survey's, and noted my excellent payment history and loyalty to Verizon. He offered to my move NE2 upgrade date immediately. He apologized that he could offer no discounts on my wife's line, as she had upgraded her phone too recently, but he would take 10% off our service charges for the next 6 months. I was very pleased and thanked him. He told me that the account change would take 24 hours.

This was early last week. I checked several times and noted no difference in my NE2 upgrade date, nor the discounted prices on phone upgrades. On Friday I called the number the supervisor had given me, reached his voicemail, and left a message asking if I needed to do something to see my updated account information. I received no reply, but a day later I received an automated email from Verizon saying that some information on my account had been updated.

24 hours later, still no change in my account on the website. I called again today and left another message on the supervisor's voicemail.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I find it odd that he'd go out of his way to contact me and offer to move my upgrade date, then fail to follow through on it. I wondered if perhaps they were having a system problem that prevented him from updating my account immediately, but then I've left 2 messages with no reply.

Maybe Verizon fired him for trying to move my upgrade date? Who knows.
    03-08-10 03:37 PM
    Verizon did not fire him, it just takes a little time for these things to get in the system, give it at least 1 more call, and then call Verizon Executive Relations at 908-306-6750
    03-08-10 03:47 PM
    Just surprised since he told me 24 hours...and it's been about a week. I'll wait a bit longer though, I'm not really upset so much as curious, given that other than his offer I'd just be out of luck.
    03-08-10 03:50 PM
    It's possible that you may never see the upgrade dates change on your online account. Have you called in to general cs to see if the dates are changed in their system?
    03-08-10 05:06 PM
    No, but the prices are the same as my 1 year optional upgrade, not the full NE2 upgrade. If I don't hear back from the supervisor I guess I'll check with CS or the Exec Relations pkcable mentioned above.
    03-08-10 05:22 PM
    I would call in to C/S and see if it's actually changed in our system. I would think that a week would be sufficient time to get this resolved.
    03-08-10 05:23 PM
    I think they train their CS to lie...
    No offense is intended to those CS reps here...but that's been my experience...

I was told I'd get different phone if my phone breaks down 3 times by a CS rep on the phone when it broke twice within a week...

When it broke for the 3rd time, they gave me the same model...
    store clerk told me that time that she'd personally call CS to give me different phone if it ever happens again..

well it did.. when it did happen again, they didn't live up to their words...after arguing with CS on phone, I was able to change the model..but still same BB. I'm not quite happy with this situation..they were quite confident about not living up to their promise because there's no cell phone lemon law in California currently...which we did discuss during some of the arguments lol...

Anyway, I just found out that CS called my wife (since I don't have the phone) and told her yet again that if it breaks down again THIS TIME, they'll REALLY change it to different phone.

WOW...what an offer!!! Do you think this rep was telling the truth, THIS TIME AROUND? lol...

I'm preparing to sue them...I don't know if I'll get anything out of it but...they won't prorate those times I was without phone and all the monetary losses due to not having access to my online schedules...I think I have a fair shot..I don't care about money. I want to have any kind of judgement against them to be scanned and uploaded to the net...
    03-08-10 09:16 PM
    The multi-fru option is no longer available. Exceptions are made. You just wanna **** and moan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 10:37 PM
    Ditto to super mario if they do it its courtesy not policy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 11:13 PM
    So, I'm due for my NE2 upgrade in June. My Curve 8330 is really growing long in the tooth...lots of hourglasses, lock ups, and battery pulls. I submitted an email online about moving my up NE2 upgrade date, and also asking if my wife's line would be eligible for any discounts if we upgraded it to a data line. I received a polite reply a day later saying that, no, unfortunately, I was too far away from my upgrade date to be eligible (likewise for my wife's account).

A couple days later I received a form survey in my email. I filled it out, noting that the CS rep was very polite and thorough in his reply, but that ultimately he was unable to assist me with my request.

I received a call a couple days after that from a "Supervisor with Verizon's Customer Satisfaction Team" (something like that, not sure if that's the exact title). He said he was reviewing the customer survey's, and noted my excellent payment history and loyalty to Verizon. He offered to my move NE2 upgrade date immediately. He apologized that he could offer no discounts on my wife's line, as she had upgraded her phone too recently, but he would take 10% off our service charges for the next 6 months. I was very pleased and thanked him. He told me that the account change would take 24 hours.

This was early last week. I checked several times and noted no difference in my NE2 upgrade date, nor the discounted prices on phone upgrades. On Friday I called the number the supervisor had given me, reached his voicemail, and left a message asking if I needed to do something to see my updated account information. I received no reply, but a day later I received an automated email from Verizon saying that some information on my account had been updated.

24 hours later, still no change in my account on the website. I called again today and left another message on the supervisor's voicemail.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I find it odd that he'd go out of his way to contact me and offer to move my upgrade date, then fail to follow through on it. I wondered if perhaps they were having a system problem that prevented him from updating my account immediately, but then I've left 2 messages with no reply.

It may not even show up in the "system", it may, however, be clearly remarked in your account. If you call customer service or stop in to a store, ask to have the rep read the remarks on your account. I have to believe there is something in there regarding this.
    03-08-10 11:17 PM
    I think they train their CS to lie...
    No offense is intended to those CS reps here
    Darn it, you figured us out.
    03-08-10 11:19 PM
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Verizon Customer Service in the year and a half I've been a Verizon customer. Both on the phone and in the store.

OP, definitely call in. I don't work at Verizon at all, but it is definitely possible they just made a note on your account to upgrade it. (Like others have mentioned)
    03-09-10 12:37 AM
    Am sure they noted it on your account.
    03-09-10 01:04 AM

I'd just call and see if there are notes in your account. If he left notes then any CS Supervisor should be able to honor it.
    03-09-10 04:17 AM
    CS reps have always been extremely fair with me. Whenever ANYTHING is promised to me, I always ask them to make sure it's notated in the account and I have them read what they wrote back to me.
    03-09-10 10:10 AM
    Bad news. Called CS and the rep told me that indeed there was a note on my account, but that it mentioned only changing the date on my annual upgrade discount, not on my NE2. This doesn't make sense to me -- I was already seeing the annual upgrade discount on my vzw.com account BEFORE I spoke with the supervisor that offered to change the date. They claim I wasn't eligible before he changed it, but that's bunk -- I spent several days on vzw.com, logged into my account, exploring my different upgrade options and what it would cost me, before I ever spoke with the supervisor.

I don't know if I'm going to try to get back in contact with the supervisor that called me (I have his number, but he doesn't answer or return calls when I leave a message), or just forget about it. This has left a sour taste in my mouth.
    03-09-10 01:04 PM
    Bad news. Called CS and the rep told me that indeed there was a note on my account, but that it mentioned only changing the date on my annual upgrade discount, not on my NE2. This doesn't make sense to me -- I was already seeing the annual upgrade discount on my vzw.com account BEFORE I spoke with the supervisor that offered to change the date. They claim I wasn't eligible before he changed it, but that's bunk -- I spent several days on vzw.com, logged into my account, exploring my different upgrade options and what it would cost me, before I ever spoke with the supervisor.

I don't know if I'm going to try to get back in contact with the supervisor that called me (I have his number, but he doesn't answer or return calls when I leave a message), or just forget about it. This has left a sour taste in my mouth.
    It would be pretty easy to prove you were already eligible. If you have been on a high enough price plan for more than 12 months and originally signed a 2y agreement you would have been eligible.
    03-09-10 03:16 PM
    Definitely more than 12 months (since my NE2 is coming up in June). How much does the plan have to be? I've got 2 lines, one with data.
    03-09-10 03:26 PM
    Definitely more than 12 months (since my NE2 is coming up in June). How much does the plan have to be? I've got 2 lines, one with data.
    The add on features do not matter (data, insurance etc..). The base price of the line has to be higher than $49.99. You have to be in 13th-24th month, not be past due, been on that plan for the entire 12 months, and are subject to a $20 early upgrade fee.
    03-09-10 05:02 PM
    I have never had to call a cs rep for anything. Anytime I had a problem(Which is very few and far between) I've gone to my local Verizon store and they handled everything there. Anybody else experience this, or am I just a lucky sob?
    03-09-10 05:33 PM
    There are some people who only call, some people who only email, and some people who only go into stores and some people who do all three. It's personal preference.
    03-09-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD