12-24-09 05:55 AM
56 123
tools
    Has anyone tried to get credit for the two outage days? I just called and asked for credit and the rep started to read off my KB usage. I asked her what that has to do with not being able to use my data for two days. She said will it looks like you are getting good usage out of your data plan. She finally gave me credit as a one time thing.

Shouldn't we get credit for our data plan if there isn't data service?
    12-23-09 08:32 AM
    Could be a little off topic but Alltel gave us credit for a dropped call.
    If we don't uphold our end of the contract we sure are held liable!!
    12-23-09 08:51 AM
    I started laughing uncontrollably when I saw the title of this thread. Didn't even have to open it!
    12-23-09 09:02 AM
    If you calculate the cost of the plan, 30.00, divided by 30 days in a month (average), that's about 1.00 a day. Times two days, I would say 2.00 is what you are entitled to.
    12-23-09 09:38 AM
    If you calculate the cost of the plan, 30.00, divided by 30 days in a month (average), that's about 1.00 a day. Times two days, I would say 2.00 is what you are entitled to.
    .44 to mail it to you
    12-23-09 09:39 AM
    So apparently its ok for VZW to not hold up their end of the deal? Its funny? I called VZW yesterday and they gave me one month of data and were very apologetic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 09:46 AM
    Called AT&T last night re outage, got a $25 credit no hassle.
    12-23-09 09:46 AM
    I demand free service for a YEAR! Who's with me?
    12-23-09 09:48 AM
    On a case by case basis, they can give more. Time with VZW and payment history has a lot to do with it to but it depends on the customer. If they ask nicely, I would give the whole month, but screaming or cussing people get 2 days.
    12-23-09 09:48 AM
    Good luck with that.
    12-23-09 09:49 AM
    Nah would not see that happening...

Same thing with RIM goes for all Cell service. Smart phone or not.. What do people do when Towers go down, etc...

Things happen.. Let's just hope things are fixed and better plans are implemented...
    12-23-09 09:50 AM
    That was a joke.
    12-23-09 10:03 AM
    That was a joke.
    Ahhh no wonder I was laughing so hard.
    12-23-09 10:04 AM
    That was a joke.
    This made my day! I am with ya man Merry Christmas
    12-23-09 10:07 AM
    That's exactly what VZW offered me this morning when I called, a $1 credit for RIM service being down. Oh and she said, vzw is not "responsible" if RIM servers go down so vzw does not have to give any credit if that portion of my service goes down.
    Last edited by jbak_8830; 12-23-09 at 10:19 AM. Reason: updates
    12-23-09 10:18 AM
    That's exactly what VZW offered me this morning when I called, a $1 credit for RIM service being down. Oh and she said, vzw is not "responsible" if RIM servers go down so vzw does not have to give any credit if that portion of my service goes down.
    Were you nice when you asked? Ask via e-mail, they usually make more exceptions, ask nice.... Also, this rep probabaly has received a lot of calls of people asking the same question, Its like kids saying "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet........NO!!!"

eventually it wears you down.
    12-23-09 10:25 AM
    Has anyone tried to get credit for the two outage days? I just called and asked for credit and the rep started to read off my KB usage. I asked her what that has to do with not being able to use my data for two days. She said will it looks like you are getting good usage out of your data plan. She finally gave me credit as a one time thing.

Since the terms and conditions do not provide for an SLA I'm not wasting my time. Corporate/Major Accounts maybe a different issue, but us "users"...nah.

12-23-09 10:42 AM
    Oh and she said, vzw is not "responsible" if RIM servers go down so vzw does not have to give any credit if that portion of my service goes down.
    I'm not asking for credit but if that's Verizon's official line - well, VERIZON is the one that requires the DATA service - Verizon is responsible.
    12-23-09 11:00 AM
    That was a joke.
    dont you hate when you have to say that?! lol

But im still with you for the years free data.
    12-23-09 11:05 AM
    You know, I have down days on occassion and I won't take out the garbage, I work intermittently and I don't communicate well. And i always want credit for the UP days, not so much the occassional down day...well, my wife wants me to make up the time, but she's exhausting! lol.
    12-23-09 11:08 AM
    I want a new free car. I couldn't drive for a few days when the mechanic had to order a part. Plus a newer model came out after I purchased it.

Last edited by vndlewis; 12-23-09 at 11:18 AM.
    12-23-09 11:13 AM
    You're entitled to 2 bucks max.
    12-23-09 11:25 AM

If its your carrier's fault- which it isn't. Why is there another thread on this? Every time there's an outage people start complaining about wanting credits.
    12-23-09 02:53 PM

You are completely ridiculous. Why even make such an irrelevant thread?
    Fixed it for ya...

Even with VZW's very short wait time, it's not worth my time...
    12-23-09 02:57 PM
    You are completely ridiculous. Why even make such an irrelevant post?

Yes, I was being rediculous. I was trying to make a point that the OP's request was rediculous. I am glad to know you have a sense of humor.
    12-23-09 02:58 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD