I recently defaulted on some bills and my credit is crap. I only was late 30 days with verizon once in the last 6 months and my account is current with them.

I am eligible to upgrade my phone at the end of the month and wanted to get a Blackberry. Does Verizon normally do a credit check to extend a contract?
    05-15-09 03:20 PM
    Not that I am aware of
    05-15-09 03:21 PM
    I recently defaulted on some bills and my credit is crap. I only was late 30 days with verizon once in the last 6 months and my account is current with them.

I am eligible to upgrade my phone at the end of the month and wanted to get a Blackberry. Does Verizon normally do a credit check to extend a contract?

I think the credit check is only done on initial startup of the account. If they shut you down for continually not paying they are going to for sure do a credit check if you wanted service again..

However if the money is coming in there really is no need for them to do a credit check unless you do something major like buy 8 more lines..
    05-15-09 03:33 PM
    I can recall missing a payment with them 3 times in the last 8 years. I have been a customer of theirs since 2001. Anyways, thanks for the help.
    05-15-09 03:42 PM
    I can recall missing a payment with them 3 times in the last 8 years. I have been a customer of theirs since 2001. Anyways, thanks for the help.
    no problem

05-15-09 03:45 PM
    The only time credit is ran during an upgrade is to verify an address and even then, it's very seldom. The only times I see it is when people have an address like 34W 214 Pine lane. And I've never seen a deposit required to do an upgrade so you should be safe.
    05-15-09 03:48 PM
    Again, you have all been very helpful and quick too, unlike the other forum.
    05-15-09 03:53 PM
    You will be fine. I know someone who has crappy credit, couple cars repo'd and a house foreclosed on. She has 5 phones on their family plan, and just got another family plan with 3 lines on it. She has no issues upgrading all the time, and getting the 2nd family plan. She would be hurting if they checked her credit for each upgrade.

You will be fine.
    05-16-09 06:25 PM
    You're a top notch customer, that's better than a lot of what we see. No we do not do credit check for upgrades. Only for add-a-lines or new activations.
    05-16-09 08:19 PM
    Since its being asked, is there a problem that i pay my bill a day or two late ? the reason for this is that my bill is due usually a day before the end of the month, but i dont get paid till the end of the month so i tend to be late.
    05-16-09 09:01 PM
    No as long as it's within the five day grace period it shows up as on time payment in our system.

I just want to let you know, I (among a lot of other reps) really take payment history into making exception decisions on your accont. I put a lot of weight in it. So I appreciate people who pay their bills on time.
    05-16-09 09:04 PM
    so if it was me. I have an employee account (verizon gives me 18 percent off while att and tmobile give me 15) since i do pya my bill within that five day grace period only once was i ever late on my payment due to family problems(actually had my lines turned off for a day) would that be a problem? or would i be fine to upgrade when im eligible.
    05-16-09 09:18 PM
    You would be fine. As long as your current when you want to UPG.
    05-16-09 09:24 PM
    18% on an employee plan? Hmm. Weird. I have 15% and my NJ State Employee plan. 18% wouldve definatly been better. But anyway. Just to keep on the safe side. My Bill is due on like the 14th of every month. When the around the 18th comes up on each month, it tells me the amount for the bill for next month. I just pay it then. So Im about 1 pay period ahead of the game. This way, I dont have to worry about anything. There only making $110 a month off of me lol. But I dont mind, 900 minutes with unlimited everything else. That isnt bad for me.
    05-17-09 10:07 AM
    Yeah i mean i dont mind paying it early but im a part timer worker and a full time student. So at times i spend money( mostly on gas) so i tend to fall a day late from the due date. I pay 180 on five lines, thats including my BB data package. Have a select family plan. Pretty sweet when you really look into it.
    05-17-09 12:02 PM
    Since its being asked, is there a problem that i pay my bill a day or two late ? the reason for this is that my bill is due usually a day before the end of the month, but i dont get paid till the end of the month so i tend to be late.
    You can also call #pmt (think that is it) and report your late payment, and you can go as long as 10 days if you need it.
    05-17-09 06:17 PM
    Correct.

I'm also with bum on this one. I take pmt history and how long you've been w/ us into serious consideration.

8 year customer with only a couple of late pmts? That's a really good customer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD