Sooo i have a Storm (got it the day it first came out) and soooo im not eligible for an actual upgrade discount for quite some time =/. My question is this: does verizon take "trade in" phones? So i would be able to trade my storm in for the tour when it comes out, and be able to get the tour at a discounted price? If not how would i be able to get it at a discounted price? As I'm not a new customer can i just add another two year contract some way and they will lower the price? I hope someone knows please as i dont really want to pay full retail price =/. Thanks!

And sorry if this has been posted before =/. I wasnt quite sure what to search for exactly so i might have overlooked it.
    Last edited by Condell; 06-22-09 at 01:13 AM.
    06-22-09 01:09 AM
    Unlock it and sell it on ebay, then pay for the tour, a year on your contract you might be able to get a discount
    06-22-09 01:13 AM
    Best bet is to sell and use that towrds your Tour. Although there was a thread talking about 1 year pricing if you are signed up with myverizon but havent verified. Everytime I called VZW regarding this issue i got nothing but NO's, and have to pay full retail.
    06-22-09 01:16 AM
    Best bet is to sell and use that towrds your Tour. Although there was a thread talking about 1 year pricing if you are signed up with myverizon but havent verified. Everytime I called VZW regarding this issue i got nothing but NO's, and have to pay full retail.
    There are 1 year upgrade options, I know the main account on my family plan gets it, just go to the store and they'll be happy to help you with that

Or call a whole bunch of times to complain about something and might be able to swap the phone for another of the same price, Tour maybe. I have done it on Cingular but it was not a BB, my calls were legit though
    Last edited by Venc; 06-22-09 at 01:28 AM.
    06-22-09 01:21 AM
    Oh ok cool thanks guys! I'll probably end up doing both if I can haha. I'm on a family plan too, so I hope adding a year on will work =). I kinda wanted to sell it on here, if I can somehow get up to 100 posts before it comes out haha.
    06-22-09 01:32 AM
    Oh ok cool thanks guys! I'll probably end up doing both if I can haha. I'm on a family plan too, so I hope adding a year on will work =). I kinda wanted to sell it on here, if I can somehow get up to 100 posts before it comes out haha.
    Good luck

Start posting, just not useless stuff
    06-22-09 01:34 AM
    Sigh.. Nobody honors a contract anymore.

If you're not eligible, you're not eligible. We're NOT ripping you off. We presented the terms, you accepted. Weren't paying attention? Too bad. Didn't know the Tour was coming? Tough.

I know I sound like a total *** saying that, but I'm tired of people complaining, "I'm stuck on this stupid contract. I can't upgrade for another X amount of months!"

Deal. You signed the contract.

That being said, sell your Storm online through Ebay or Craigslist. Buy a Tour at full retail. Or if they offer to you w/ a one year contract, sell your Storm and use the money to buy it. Whichever.

Like I said, sorry if I sound bitter. It's mostly these folks that renewed three months ago and are crying that they can't get an upgrade. Gah!
    06-22-09 01:36 AM
    There are 1 year upgrade options, I know the main account on my family plan gets it, just go to the store and they'll be happy to help you with that

Or call a whole bunch of times to complain about something and might be able to swap the phone for another of the same price, Tour maybe. I have done it on Cingular but it was not a BB, my calls were legit though
    1 yr discounts before the designated time? I know that they allow early upgrades 2 months prior to the actual date if you are on a 1 yr or 2 yr plan. i.e. eligible for upgrade and discount pricing on the 22nd month of a 2 yr plan.

Good luck

Start posting, just not useless stuff
    Agreed!
    06-22-09 01:38 AM
    Sounds like you need a new job Fried Rice haha =P.

Haha I'll find a way to get one one way or another, full retail or not =P.
    06-22-09 01:46 AM
    1 yr discounts before the designated time? I know that they allow early upgrades 2 months prior to the actual date if you are on a 1 yr or 2 yr plan. i.e. eligible for upgrade and discount pricing on the 22nd month of a 2 yr plan.
    Yeah, that is what we were told when we bought it, my dad uses the phone so much at work that he likes replacing it every year, coming from the 1-year contracts at T-Mo. But I don't I plan on selling it on a different country to get the most out it and pay full retail or less if possible, hopefully
    06-22-09 01:47 AM
    Sounds like you need a new job Fried Rice haha =P.

Haha I'll find a way to get one one way or another, full retail or not =P.
    No, our jobs are fine. We need less whiney customers
    06-22-09 10:47 AM

If you're not eligible, you're not eligible. We're NOT ripping you off. We presented the terms, you accepted. Weren't paying attention? Too bad. Didn't know the Tour was coming? Tough.

I know I sound like a total *** saying that, but I'm tired of people complaining, "I'm stuck on this stupid contract. I can't upgrade for another X amount of months!"

That being said, sell your Storm online through Ebay or Craigslist. Buy a Tour at full retail. Or if they offer to you w/ a one year contract, sell your Storm and use the money to buy it. Whichever.

Like I said, sorry if I sound bitter. It's mostly these folks that renewed three months ago and are crying that they can't get an upgrade. Gah!

Not all of us try to cheat the system . In the 9 years I have had service I have had 3 major problems 2 of them involved defective phones and getting my NE2 a few weeks early, and one involved swapping me out of a Razr and into a different phone after I went through 7 of them in a year an a half. I have a great guy (named Trance) at a VZW by my house that takes care of both of my accounts
    Last edited by Chris2183; 06-22-09 at 02:28 PM.
    06-22-09 02:25 PM

Respectfully, I don't see why you unloaded. I read Condell's post...he does not seem to be complaining, and he did not ask for any exemptions or bending of the rules (no me first attitude or wanting something for nothing...he actually acknowledged that he might have to pay something and extend his contract). He just asked if certain things were possible. Maybe I'm missing something in your response (or Condell edited his post after your response).
    06-22-09 02:53 PM

Great stuff - couldn't have said it better myself (but I might have ticked off more people - I do it well, you know).
    We need less whiney customers
    Perfect. To the point & not an ounce of PCness. And oh so true.

Read what you agreed to & stick to it. When you do this, your integrity raiting rises and the only whining you can do is while looking in a mirror.

Put the phone down, ma'am & step away from it. You're only talking to youself & we consider that dangerous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 04:00 PM
    Aw crud - I posted, THEN read the OP. Apologies, as Monday could be better.

No upgrade options, so you can bite the bullet & buy a phone @ retail, then sell the phone you have now.

It might be more fun to buy the new phone & get some therapeutic work in by using my 10# sledgehammer on the Storm.

06-22-09 04:05 PM
    Twins? Why is it that you always suggest a 10# sledge? In my experiences finding a 20# works better.... Figured a man of your wisdom would know that

06-22-09 07:17 PM
    the blackberry site also offers a sell your old phone to them type deal..

not sure how much they will give for the storm but its worth checking into.
    06-22-09 07:50 PM
    RIM Did away with their trade in program I believe
    06-22-09 08:49 PM
    Twins? Why is it that you always suggest a 10# sledge? In my experiences finding a 20# works better.... Figured a man of your wisdom would know that

Dad? I am still patiently awaiting your answer.

06-23-09 10:47 PM

People don't care about you, you're company, or their contract. They care about their phone. When something new comes out, we want it. People would sign 10 year contracts if you let them have a new phone every year at a discount price.
    06-24-09 02:28 AM
    Sell it when tour comes out and use the cash to buy one.
    06-24-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD