Tell me what your views are on both. all bad views and good...I just want to hear what some people think....
    12-28-08 05:54 PM
    Well the authorized agents may offer better deals on the handset, however they may not be knowledgable on the device or how to properlly use it, i personally would go to neither stores, i would go to Best buy, get your phone there, and then if you have any questions go to a corporate store, over all they kill in the prices offering instant rebates on phones, car chargers bluetooths etc are not over priced its just an overall better place to get a phone from.
    12-28-08 06:11 PM
    Best Buy is still indirect, though sometimes direct staff goes over there to help out. Of all of the indirect locations, Best Buy is the best in my opinion.
    12-28-08 06:27 PM
    Go to a corporate store, half the time BestBuy and other Authorized Sellers dont know what they're talking about and they suck at troubleshooting.
    12-29-08 02:21 AM
    Not to mention indirect agents will not just replace your phone on the spot if it is under warranty, it has to go to a repair facility.. bla bla bla. I will never buy from an indirect again, corporate is the only way to insure you don't get the run around
    12-30-08 10:03 AM
    I can't stand any of the stores! In the last few years their customer service has gone south!!! Instead I usually CALL customer service, wether it be phone issues or new equipment. I find that they have more knowledge even if they might be using a computer and some of the best pricing!
    12-30-08 12:31 PM
    I was going to corporate stores and still do to check out equipment, but only because they get it first. If I am going to buy a phone I head to an authorized agent that is down the street from me. The guys there have always been really nice and they have given me great deals on my last couple of phones. My wife's previous phone (she got a pink Curve for Christmas) was an LG Env and the guy at the store sold it to me with a little money taken off, but also gave me about $100 (retail price) worth of accessories for it. After the mail in rebates and other stuff it ended up with him and Verizon paying me $30 for taking the phone.

However, if I have plan or phone issues I usually just call customer service.
    12-30-08 12:38 PM
    I buy all my phones on line at VZW website.
    12-30-08 08:27 PM
    I only deal with corporate. In my experience authorized retailers are pretty clueless and the corporate stores just offer me better deals and service
    12-30-08 08:42 PM
    I usually go thru the corp store near me, mostly bc of my corp discount, but also because its one of the biggest in the area. When i upgraded to the curve, i went to Best Buy since i knew exactly what i wanted and didnt really need help choosing(i had a pearl before it and also jumped ship for iphone 3g). I went to Best Buy because it was only 39 bucks lol. It was still at 99.99 at VZW(this was back in October).

I think Best Buy is good for consumers that may not know which carrier to switch to. They have a vast array of phones from multiple carriers and semi knowledgeable staff. But really what corp store have you seen someone who knows every phone they sell? lol.
    12-30-08 08:48 PM
    Indirects get to set their prices at whatever they want..

They also have their own return policy.

Some store have a 30 min of use on the phone poicy when a direct store gives 30 days.

Service in both should be comprable for devices, and service. If you have a problem Direct is far better for billing, returns, etc.
    12-30-08 10:54 PM
    After getting screwed over by an AT&T "authorized agent" (AT&T blamed them anyways) a few years ago me and my wife have only dealt with alltel corp stores and will probably do the same after the merger.
    12-30-08 10:59 PM
    Go to a corporate store, half the time BestBuy and other Authorized Sellers dont know what they're talking about and they suck at troubleshooting.
    go to circuit city,they have a corporate kiosk.i always get the answers i need there.plus its always fast
    12-31-08 12:11 AM
    Not to mention indirect agents will not just replace your phone on the spot if it is under warranty, it has to go to a repair facility.. bla bla bla. I will never buy from an indirect again, corporate is the only way to insure you don't get the run around
    exactly. that an the insurance is different (at least it was) than the normal one that comes with verizon. so if you were to call customer service for an insurance claim they will tell you that you have to get ahold of the place you bought it from and blah blah
    12-31-08 01:05 AM
    (AT&T blamed them anyways)
    My biggest reason why NOT to use an agent. It matters not which carrier you have, if you deal with an agent, authorized or not, it gives the carrier reps a degree of insulation from your issue.

THEY DID IT!!!

I prefer to have a single point of fault to place blame on. This way, I can tell them "YOU DID IT, SO YOU FIX IT!!!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 11:26 AM
    Does anybody know if you can do an Annual Upgrade (not the NE2) at a place like Best Buy or Costco? My year is up, and i can upgrade to a new phone at the 2 year contract price (per My Verizon). I rather use Costco if I can.

I called Verizon and the rep didn't know the answer.

Thanks.
    AC
    12-31-08 11:54 AM
    I was going to corporate stores and still do to check out equipment, but only because they get it first..... My wife's previous phone (she got a pink Curve for Christmas) was an LG Env .....
    I kept hoping that was your picture in the avatar. You just ruined my fantasy
    12-31-08 03:29 PM
    Does anybody know if you can do an Annual Upgrade (not the NE2) at a place like Best Buy or Costco? My year is up, and i can upgrade to a new phone at the 2 year contract price (per My Verizon). I rather use Costco if I can.

I called Verizon and the rep didn't know the answer.

Thanks.
    AC
    Costco, yes. They are Verizon Wireless employees. But Best Buy or any other authorized reseller, no.
    12-31-08 03:30 PM
    Costco, yes. They are Verizon Wireless employees. But Best Buy or any other authorized reseller, no.
    Not in all areas, they aren't. In the Phoenix area, the Costco kiosks are independent & sell a variety of carriers.

12-31-08 03:59 PM
    My biggest reason why NOT to use an agent. It matters not which carrier you have, if you deal with an agent, authorized or not, it gives the carrier reps a degree of insulation from your issue.

THEY DID IT!!!

I prefer to have a single point of fault to place blame on. This way, I can tell them "YOU DID IT, SO YOU FIX IT!!!"

This is true, but what made it so bad was it was a very simple fix (in my opinion) and AT&T wasn't willing to fix it for nothing............It still makes me mad thinking about it! lol
    12-31-08 04:05 PM
    Not in all areas, they aren't. In the Phoenix area, the Costco kiosks are independent & sell a variety of carriers.

Sorry, I was thinking BJ's, brainfart.
    12-31-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD