Hi everyone! My husband still has sprint and will be hoping off the s/n bus and onto the verizon limo... but... he want's a different kind of smartphone and i'm trying my hardest to convince him to sway toward a berry... what MANLY reasons can i give? other then my famous reasons:
    1. It's so sexy
    2. it's hott
    3. push e-mail
    4. bb messanger...
    Thanks also if you can point out the others short commings that would be perfect... thanks for helping me convert him...
    02-16-08 10:51 PM
    Treo's are old and dated, and need to be reset all the time, and Windows devices lock up all the time. Just my 2 cents.
    02-16-08 10:52 PM
    The OS is reliable! If he gets a device with WM(Windows Mobile) then it will prolly crash 2-3 times a day! Thats the biggest reason to get a berry!
    02-16-08 10:53 PM
    Stabilty and sexiness - what more does any man need?
    02-17-08 12:38 AM
    Don't for get the slogan...."It Just Works"!
    02-17-08 09:54 AM
    I came to bb from a treo 680. My 680 would reset and lock up quite often. I haven't had any problems with my bb.
    02-17-08 12:17 PM
    There is only one smart phone and it's a BB, all the others are just expensive paper weight. On a more serious note, have him take advantage of the 30 days trail offered by Verizon and the BB of his choice. If after 30 days, he is still not convince then he'll be able to choose from one of the many paper weight that is available.
    02-17-08 12:38 PM
    Why not just tell him that it would make it easier to communicate with you via BBmessenger, and if that doesn't work. Point out that it is much cheaper than a divorce. (only kidding...)
    02-17-08 01:00 PM
    Size, shape and sturdy feel of the Pearl. That's what convinced my husband to look at them at first, then I pulled in the other reasons.
    02-17-08 02:45 PM
    Thanks guys your advice convinced him to get one at least to try...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-08 12:03 AM
    "why not"?
    02-19-08 02:57 AM
    The Treos are notoriously full of bugs. Palm just lost a class action lawsuit on two of their devices, where the basis of the suit was that the units were almost completely unusable due to all the little problems they had.

And as for the devices that use Windows mobile...you've heard about all the problems Microsoft has with PC versions of Windows? Well, the mobile version hasn't been around nearly as long, and they haven't come close to fixing it. It's also not nearly as simple to navigate as the BB OS.

I work for a Verizon/Sprint authorized dealer, and we see other PDA/Smartphone device come back with problems at about a 5:1 ratio from Blackberries.
    02-20-08 08:23 AM
    I was a huge fan of the Q until I tried a BB. Man I will never go back and now I am trying to convince everyone that I talked into getting a Q to just give the BB a shot and I think most will agree, the BB is much more stable, quicker on mail delivery and cheaper due to the lower data plan rate.
    02-21-08 04:03 PM
    After having a treo 600 and 650, and several palm products prior, one thing brought me to blackberry and now im not looking back.

It just works.

Its reliable, it works, and people respect it.
    02-21-08 04:39 PM
    I had a Treo and a couple of Motorola Q phones before finally seeing the light. While Palm OS is much easier to use than Windows Mobile, both had significant issues with locking up and requiring a battery pull. The Q's battery life was downright embarassing. The signal strength on the Q also wasn't as good as the Treo, which isn't as good as my 8703e (just waiting for the Curve...).
    Also, both active sync and wireless sync are terrible for e-mail. I had numerous problems with both my comcast and gmail accounts.

It's my experience that BB has better...
    OS stability
    E-mail deliery/reliability
    Battery life
    Signal strength

and don't forget BrickBreaker!

Once DataViz gets their act together and releases Documents To Go for BB, we will have the ultimate power in the universe! Well, we'll at least have a phone that does pretty much everything a mobile professional could need.
    02-24-08 08:32 PM
    I came from a Treo 700 wx on Verizon. It was a piece of junk! It always locked up causing me to miss calls. I needed to be reset so often. I'm so happy with my BB Curve. As other have said, and you know too, "it just works!"

I'm glad you convinced him to at least try a BB. Once he tries it he'll like it and wonder why he hesitated.
    02-24-08 09:12 PM
    is he convinced yet? :]
    02-24-08 10:05 PM
    Yes cate... Thanks guys for all your amazing points! I'll let you know when he gets one so tall can send him a welcome pin or email...

03-01-08 11:13 PM
    good to hear :]
    03-02-08 01:15 AM
    Yes cate... Thanks guys for all your amazing points! I'll let you know when he gets one so tall can send him a welcome pin or email...

Yes good luck with that. I'm ready to throw my treo through a wall because of how many battery pulls I do a month
    03-02-08 02:18 PM
    Yes good luck with that. I'm ready to throw my treo through a wall because of how many battery pulls I do a month
    if you do throw it, can you please take a video of it? i think people on here would enjoy that, lol

a little too much, but still.

:]
    03-02-08 02:50 PM
    if you do throw it, can you please take a video of it? i think people on here would enjoy that, lol

a little too much, but still.

:]
    Being that it's being held together by 2 screws, it probably will happen lol. The day I buy my curve could be the sorrowful end of my treo, and I will perhaps film its demise...
    03-04-08 02:58 AM
    I'm glad he finally has seen the light.
    03-04-08 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD