I am a little confused and I haven't been able to get a clear answer from the CSRs at Verizon (I personally think it is the way that I am explaining it to them so, my fault, not their's).....

My wife does not like her LG Dare....AT ALL.....We added a new line to my plan so that I could get it for her at the cheaper price and then gave her old line/phone to my sister.

Beings that she doesn't like the LG Dare anymore and is always stealing my Storm for Facebook and the internet/email usage.....

So I am going to get her the Blackberry Curve 8330 (Pink of course!).....Do I have to pay full retail for the Curve? Or will I be able to get it at the new 2 year contract price beings that I am upgrading to a data package on her line?

Please let me know as I am confused......
    07-27-09 12:46 PM
    It depends on how long she has had the Dare, for one. For example, if she just got the Dare, and you recently got the Storm, you probably don't have an eligible upgrade on your line.

It's possible to get an early upgrade after one year with a fee, but you have to have had it at least that long.

Sounds like you might have to pay out of contract if you want a new phone. But then there are probably people here who know a way around it- good luck!
    07-27-09 12:54 PM
    She has only had the Dare since February....so I figured that because we weren't anywhere near her upgrade that I'd have to pay full price, but I was also thinking that because I am choosing to "upgrade" her line to a more expensive (due to the additional data plan) that I would essentially extend the contract on her line another two years and get the cheaper price on the Curve.

I'm not so much looking for a way around it.....I feel that would be the dishonest thing and Verizon has not ever wronged me in anyway, shape, or form since I started with them two years ago, so I want to do what is right/fair. If I have to pay the $420, then I will, but if I can get it cheaper, then I will.....LOL....
    07-27-09 12:59 PM
    Buy one from the B/S/T forum here. Might cost $150

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:07 PM
    Or check local craigslist
    07-27-09 01:14 PM
    I'd do the local Craigslist.....but in order for it to be local, I'd have an hour plus drive....

At the end of August is when I am looking at doing it and I will be in a locale where the is a VZW store that I can work with the people there....That would just be easier for me. That and I don;t really like to buy second hand on technological pieces of equipment. Too many bad experiences......also the same reason why I no longer work on PCs as a supplementary income unless it is from someone I TRUST. LOL.
    07-27-09 02:02 PM
    I am a little confused and I haven't been able to get a clear answer from the CSRs at Verizon (I personally think it is the way that I am explaining it to them so, my fault, not their's).....

My wife does not like her LG Dare....AT ALL.....We added a new line to my plan so that I could get it for her at the cheaper price and then gave her old line/phone to my sister.

Beings that she doesn't like the LG Dare anymore and is always stealing my Storm for Facebook and the internet/email usage.....

So I am going to get her the Blackberry Curve 8330 (Pink of course!).....Do I have to pay full retail for the Curve? Or will I be able to get it at the new 2 year contract price beings that I am upgrading to a data package on her line?

Please let me know as I am confused......

When did you get the Dare... thats going to depend. It sounds like its a secondary line so you can get a discounted price and renew contract at 20mo into current contract. You can ALWAYS pay retail for the phone... bit more pricey but it sounds like it COULD be worth it later.
    07-27-09 02:23 PM
    I have a brand new phone storm for sale if you want
    07-27-09 02:36 PM
    Sorry, no Storm here....I am looking at getting away from mine, and she saw the Pink Curve, so that is the one she wants. LOL.

Anybody have any answers regarding my question though? I am still confused......LOL.
    07-28-09 09:21 AM
    Sorry, no Storm here....I am looking at getting away from mine, and she saw the Pink Curve, so that is the one she wants. LOL.

Anybody have any answers regarding my question though? I am still confused......LOL.
    No more answers really your only option is to wait untill you're eligible or by the phone outright at full retail. If not, it sounds like she hasn't had the dare for that long and it might be a bit of a wait unless you're within 30 days. And even though you are in for an extra 30 dollars every month vzw doesnt want to cut you a deal and the half million people after you.
    07-28-09 09:27 AM
    So, I finally got an answer to my problem.

I was told that that I could upgrade her line early and get the Curve for $189.99 with a $70 dollar mail in rebate and I would have to pay a $25 dollar fee for an early upgrade. All told (with money back from rebate), I could get the Curve for like $145.

Now my other question is, if I do this, am I going to end up being charged the rest of her LG Dare at the full unsubsidized cost? In other words, am I going to be charged the difference of the subsidized cost as compared to the full retail amount? I don't want any surprises and I don't want to get hit with like another $200 dollars for the additional cost of the LG Dare.
    08-06-09 01:31 PM
    So, I finally got an answer to my problem.

I was told that that I could upgrade her line early and get the Curve for $189.99 with a $70 dollar mail in rebate and I would have to pay a $25 dollar fee for an early upgrade. All told (with money back from rebate), I could get the Curve for like $145.

Now my other question is, if I do this, am I going to end up being charged the rest of her LG Dare at the full unsubsidized cost? In other words, am I going to be charged the difference of the subsidized cost as compared to the full retail amount? I don't want any surprises and I don't want to get hit with like another $200 dollars for the additional cost of the LG Dare.
    No - getting the upgrade renews your contract for two more years from the time you activate the new phone - the Dare is then wiped off the books.

08-06-09 03:43 PM
    yea but the line would have to b eligible for an upgrade first of all before u can get that price on the curve
    08-06-09 03:49 PM
    I was told that that I could upgrade her line early and get the Curve for $189.99 with a $70 dollar mail in rebate and I would have to pay a $25 dollar fee for an early upgrade.
    yea but the line would have to b eligible for an upgrade first of all before u can get that price on the curve
    I believe the upgrade eligibility has already been established.

08-06-09 03:53 PM
    ooooops my bad
    08-06-09 03:55 PM
    I believe the upgrade eligibility has already been established.

Don't you wish everyone could be in our Captain Obvious Team!

Obvious= Easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident: an obvious advantage.
    08-06-09 03:58 PM
    Don't you wish everyone could be in our Captain Obvious Team!

Obvious= Easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident: an obvious advantage.
    Heh - very true.

JOEY! How are ya?

I have seen so many of your relatives up here. One even tried to mate with my grill! Ya need to tell your Moose family to stay off the Canadian roads. Maybe they can share the wisdom with their Caribou & Deer cousins. Sheesh!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread topic, already in progress...

08-06-09 04:07 PM
    Heh - very true.

JOEY! How are ya?

I have seen so many of your relatives up here. One even tried to mate with my grill! Ya need to tell your Moose family to stay off the Canadian roads. Maybe they can share the wisdom with their Caribou & Deer cousins. Sheesh!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread topic, already in progress...

I'm good! I can take care of the Moose and Caribou, but those deers are stubborn. P.S. Wife is two months Pregnant.

You may now return to your regular scheduled program......
    08-06-09 04:13 PM
    Thanks for the answers Dad. That is what I thought too. Oh, and thanks for the mental image of a moose and grill making love. I needed that humor. LOL.
    08-06-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD