1. dloreski's Avatar
    Hi everyone!
    I'm eligible for my NE2 upgrade now.
    My situation is this.....I love the Tour but I know that Essex MIGHT be here soon. Yes, big mstery. lol
    If I buy a new Tour with my NE2 upgrade now and its announced during my first 30 days that Essex is due say mid January, can I return the Tour before 30 days is up, then wait for the Essex?
    I believe I can do that, but then would they also give me a $50 NE2 credit on it since I just tried the Tour?

    Another thought here......
    IF Essex isn't due until summer 2010, would I be better to:

    A) Buy a Tour now with the 2 year contract for $100 and pay an early termination fee to upgrade

    OR

    B) Buy a Tour with a 1 year contract for $220

    Any thoughts here?
    11-26-09 06:33 PM
  2. Satan2505's Avatar
    Yes you could roll back to before you upgraded and go back to your previous device but there will be a restocking fee. If you have the money to spend the one year contract might be better as I can almost garentee there will be better devices available by the time your contract is up. 4G (LTE) is expected to be out some time next year.
    11-26-09 06:51 PM
  3. AaronWasHere's Avatar
    It's little more of a risk, but you could try to get a Tour from a 3rd party and see what kind of deal you could get and then keep your upgrade.
    11-26-09 09:49 PM
  4. TaZ52083's Avatar
    Hi everyone!
    I'm eligible for my NE2 upgrade now.
    My situation is this.....I love the Tour but I know that Essex MIGHT be here soon. Yes, big mstery. lol
    If I buy a new Tour with my NE2 upgrade now and its announced during my first 30 days that Essex is due say mid January, can I return the Tour before 30 days is up, then wait for the Essex?
    I believe I can do that, but then would they also give me a $50 NE2 credit on it since I just tried the Tour?

    Another thought here......
    IF Essex isn't due until summer 2010, would I be better to:

    A) Buy a Tour now with the 2 year contract for $100 and pay an early termination fee to upgrade

    OR

    B) Buy a Tour with a 1 year contract for $220

    Any thoughts here?
    I say give it a shot.
    11-29-09 08:19 AM
  5. Super_Mario's Avatar
    If you want the Tour, get it.
    If you want the Tour 2, wait for it.
    11-29-09 09:51 AM
  6. mostlydo's Avatar
    i would not suggest the get tour now and than pay cancellation fee, verizon cancellation fee is now $375 and you would purchase the tour for 220, you better off buying with no contract and than get the essex when it comes out with your upgrade and sell the tour with all accessories and almost new in box and your in a way better position, you also will lose your phone number unless you port it out and than back in, which isnt all to bad but can be a pain in the ***.
    11-29-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD