Ok, I am dying to get the Curve. Is it possible to renew my contract, while I am still in contract, and get the $270.00 price? So, I am one year on a two year family plan. I am NOT the administator on the account though. So would everyone on the plan have to upgrade?

One more thing. I read somewhere if you trade in an old phone, you get a discount off a new phone. Is that possible?

I just want the Curve for cheap. I can't afford a $600 phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 05:50 PM
    I dont think everyone on the plan would have to upgrade. I think that each number is its own contract. Maybe call?? Or do you "know" anyone at the store??
    04-11-08 06:31 PM
    Anyone have any ideas? I will call if I have to. Thanks

04-11-08 09:25 PM
    If you call and get any info. post it up!
    04-11-08 09:35 PM
    I will. I just hate using 20 minutes to answer a simple question. The email service isn't very helpful either!

04-11-08 09:36 PM
    I would like to know also. I can not upgrade until Jan 09. My wife was able to upgrade this week and got a Blackberry Pearl. Have been foolig around with it and now I want one. She ended up getting it for like $100. thats with travel charger, car charger head set, and a holster. I work for 3M and we get a discont on the service and phones.
    04-12-08 01:55 AM
    If you have had your phone for one year and never used an early upgrade they will allow you to upgrade but you have to sign a new 2 year contract.

04-13-08 08:39 PM
    Do you have to the "same" phone. I have had to trade my 8830 in for problems. But have always had an 8830. Where did you find this out?

04-13-08 08:44 PM
    It doesnt have to be the same one, since there are instances of warranty replacement, but you can just call 611 from your cell and speak to a rep, they will tell you if you can qualify, as them if you can get an early upgrade.
    04-14-08 10:43 AM
    I will. I just hate using 20 minutes to answer a simple question. The email service isn't very helpful either!

As far as I know, calling customer service from your cell phone is airtime free. You don't "use" any minutes when calling from you cell.
    04-14-08 01:22 PM
    Itd not wasting my phone minutes, its wasting my life minutes.

04-14-08 01:50 PM
    Itd not wasting my phone minutes, its wasting my life minutes.

Unless someone can give you the latest information, I would use a few "life minutes" and call a rep.
    04-14-08 02:08 PM
    I have to have my parents call, since I am on their plan.

04-14-08 04:20 PM
    Ok, I am dying to get the Curve. Is it possible to renew my contract, while I am still in contract, and get the $270.00 price? So, I am one year on a two year family plan. I am NOT the administator on the account though. So would everyone on the plan have to upgrade?

One more thing. I read somewhere if you trade in an old phone, you get a discount off a new phone. Is that possible?

I just want the Curve for cheap. I can't afford a $600 phone.

Tylerd, What plan are you on? Single line or part of a family share? As a former Verizon Agent, I can try to answer your questions.
    04-14-08 04:46 PM
    SK1, I am on a family share plan, with just a coyple add ons to my line. I called the *611, but my parents have to call. Sk1 do you know if you can trade an old phone in for a discount?

04-14-08 04:48 PM
    When it was time for my hubby to upgrade, he couldn't at the lower rate b/c he's on my family plan as a secondary line...even if I didn't use it...grrr...
    04-14-08 04:49 PM
    SK1, I am on a family share plan, with just a coyple add ons to my line. I called the *611, but my parents have to call. Sk1 do you know if you can trade an old phone in for a discount?

If you are a secondary line then you do not qualify for an early upgrade. You are considered a $9.99 price plan, a lower tier plan (even if you have BIS or BES). I have never heard of trade in with Verizon. The best thing I can tell you, is to take the hit on retail for the Curve and sell your 8830 on Ebay. Change the housing to make it look brand new again.
    04-14-08 05:01 PM
    When it was time for my hubby to upgrade, he couldn't at the lower rate b/c he's on my family plan as a secondary line...even if I didn't use it...grrr...
    He also has to be eligible for the upgrade. He has to be at least 10 months into from the original contract date if you signed a one year contract, or 20 months into from the original contract date if you signed a two year agreement.

Now, if you are eligible for an upgrade and you don't want a new phone. You can take the upgrade for him. Get the phone he wants. Activate it with your number. Then swap it for his and use again your original equipment. That's a way around it and it is done all the time.
    04-14-08 05:06 PM
    So it looks like I am going to have caddy a lot more, and fork over the $600. Now, comes the time to try and convince my parents to let me get it. I hope they won't care if I pay for all of it.

04-14-08 05:10 PM
    So it looks like I am going to have caddy a lot more, and fork over the $600. Now, comes the time to try and convince my parents to let me get it. I hope they won't care if I pay for all of it.

If you paid for all of it I wouldn't care!
    04-14-08 05:16 PM
    I have only had my 8830 for a year, and have had to trade it in twice for problems. Maybe if I pay my bill for a month or two?!

04-14-08 05:17 PM
    I'm thinking of selling my red 8830 and getting the curve. I see on ebay that they are going for a decent price so I shouldn't have to fork over too much cash.
    04-15-08 01:00 AM
    Im with you on that. I may sell my pearl 8130 when the time comes.
    04-15-08 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD