My wife's contract is up in February and mine isn't up till May. Is there anyway for me to take my phone number and port it to another carrier and leave my wife with Verizon till May? I don't want to pay any early termination fees. Did a search and couldn't find any answer. Thanks.
    12-22-09 10:36 PM
    My wife's contract is up in February and mine isn't up till May. Is there anyway for me to take my phone number and port it to another carrier and leave my wife with Verizon till May? I don't want to pay any early termination fees. Did a search and couldn't find any answer. Thanks.
    No.

Unless you manage to get them to make an exception, which isn't likely.
    12-22-09 11:24 PM
    Yes you can port your number out, reactivate your line with a new number, which will allow you to get the ETF credited. then you can pay for the monthly access until the end of your contract while your number is active with another account.
    12-23-09 12:40 AM
    Most companies ive seen allow you to transfer the contract from one line to another as long as the other is out of contract.
    12-23-09 10:19 PM
    Don't if this helps, but VZ can swap the numbers on your phones.
    12-24-09 11:57 AM
    It depends on your plan, you can do a price plan change if your on a family shared plan to have you and your wife on individual plans. Then you can take your number to another company while your wife keeps her plan with us. Changing your plans don't get you any fee's or extend your contract in anyway, however you want to be careful about changing your plan in the middle of your billing cycle so you avoid any pro-ration.

Hope this helps.
    12-24-09 12:11 PM
    Good to know. I'll let you know if I have any other questions.
    12-26-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD