hey guys, a couple of questions for you. I got the storm a couple of weeks ago and am not quite happy with it. I originally had 8 months left on my contract and so i signed up for a new 2 year to get the discounted price. If I take it back, can I get them to cancel the new contract and go back to the old one? Second, I know they say the cancellation fee can be prorated, but is it really?
    12-22-08 11:07 AM
    The first part of the question, I'm not sure of. The answer to the second part is yes, the do prorate the early termination fee. You have only had the phone for a couple of weeks, so what exactly are you expecting them to prorate?
    12-22-08 11:56 AM
    Not sure on your first part of the question, and I just called them about your second. They drop $5 off your ETF for every month the line is active and in good stranding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 12:00 PM
    if you return the phone within the thirty days allotted your contract and everything eldse goes back to what it was before you ever ordered the phone
    12-22-08 12:18 PM
    if you return the phone within the thirty days allotted your contract and everything eldse goes back to what it was before you ever ordered the phone
    Perfect, thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

As to the other post, the reason I wanted to know the prorating was if i did take it back, how much off I would have since I am 14 months into my old contract. Thanks.

One other thing, on the termination fee, I am on a family plan so is it per phone or per plan?
    12-22-08 02:47 PM
    Each phone has its own contract, so the ETF applies to each phone.
    12-22-08 04:46 PM
    Perfect, thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

As to the other post, the reason I wanted to know the prorating was if i did take it back, how much off I would have since I am 14 months into my old contract. Thanks.

One other thing, on the termination fee, I am on a family plan so is it per phone or per plan?
    The ETF starts out at $175 and drops $5 a month while having active service until reaching $60, and it stays at $60 until the end of your contract, so if you're 14 months into your contract ( 14 x 5 = $70 ). So you're ETF should be $175 - $70 = $105. Next month it will be $100.
    12-22-08 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD