let me explain my situation
    Purchased storm couple of weeks ago, only to be laid off
    Call Verizon about return phone and canceling contract.
    Would cost me 110 for my line with return plus 145 for my wife's line and 145 for my sons line.
    My thought was sell phone on ebay for around 500( that is what they are selling for) which nets me 125 to the good for storm
    sell wife and kids phones to cover rest... net loss only the 200 i payed for storm to begin with...
    Does this make sense?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    12-17-08 04:45 PM
    If it was only a couple of weeks ago you should still be under the 30 day test drive and be able to return everything. You will probably have to pay restocking fees, but that would be it.

If you are outside the 30 days or you were just doing an upgrade to get the storm, you could sell the storm and drop your plan down to the lowest thing possible. Reconnect your old phone and use it at a minimum. This way you have the $500 from the sale of the storm and you only have to pay about $50 a month for the rest of the contract. Once you are working again you can bump your plan and phone back up.
    12-17-08 05:18 PM
    You can call and suspend all the lines for a bit and suspend billing. This will extend the contract, but gives you some time to look for work and not be out the money
    12-17-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD