The account used to be in my wifes name and we did an assumption of liability to have it under me to be eligible for my corporate discount. This had taken place about a week after we got our curves.

We got our curves about 3 months ago and loving them. After we did the change of liability, the customer service rep on the phone had stated because we were doing the change of liability that my contract would end in a year, I didn't ask why and said great! They even sent me a statement confirming my plan etc...and both statements for the curve lists next year is the contract end date. I figured it is to good be true that this could happened, so I checked my account online and sure enough....they both end in 2010 instead of 2009.

Since I have the statements sent from Verizon Wireless stating that the contract end date ends sooner and that this was Verizon's mistake on telling me the contract would end in a year and sending me a statement that shows it ends in a year, would there be anyway I could argue the eligibility date from what the statement reads when I want to upgrade next year to a Javelin or Storm?

I look at it this way, If I were to make a mistake on my account about anything. Verizon would probably tell me "Too Bad" your mistake. Correct me if I'm wrong VZW reps.

Thank you for any feedback
    10-27-08 11:01 AM
    if you have documented proof that says it ends in year, you damn well will get what they told you, and if they really told u on the phone that it would end in a year, they record there phone calls so they might be able to backtrack, but i would just call them, about 6 years ago i upgraded to a new phone and i asked the VZW Rep if i would be able to transfer my games/programs/ringtones free of charge he told me yes just call customer service and theyll credit u to redownload everything. sure enough when i called customer service they told me no, but they gave me a one time credit of everything i downloaded in the passed 6 months. so its worth a shot if u call VZW
    10-27-08 11:33 AM
    if you have documented proof that says it ends in year, you damn well will get what they told you, and if they really told u on the phone that it would end in a year, they record there phone calls so they might be able to backtrack, but i would just call them, about 6 years ago i upgraded to a new phone and i asked the VZW Rep if i would be able to transfer my games/programs/ringtones free of charge he told me yes just call customer service and theyll credit u to redownload everything. sure enough when i called customer service they told me no, but they gave me a one time credit of everything i downloaded in the passed 6 months. so its worth a shot if u call VZW
    Thanks for ur feedback. Should I contact them soon or deal with it at the time of what the documented end date stated?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 11:37 AM
    It is always better to get these things taken care of ASAP. I used to be customer care for T-Mobile and they looked at things like this, "They knew about this a year ago and didn't call in to get it corrected, why should we correct it now?". That was always a tough argument for me with my supervisor and my response was always, "because we screwed up and we should fix it because it is the right thing to do". They couldn't argue too much with that.
    10-27-08 11:52 AM
    it's not that easy....your upgrade eligibility date is based on the last time you got a discount on a phone. usually, your contract end date is based on the same thing, but i work for verizon and i know there are times when you can actually be out of contract, but not be eligible for upgrade.

the assumption of liability is one example. you lucked out that the contract end date was changed to a early day, but i would be willing to be that your upgrade date in the system did not change.

there are certain promotions that we offer or other policies that will affect your contract date, but not your eligibility date.

per policy, you are eligible for a standard upgrade 10 months after your last subsidized phone purchase if you did a 1 year agreement...if you a did a 2yr agreement, then you have to wait 20 months for another standard upgrade or new every two upgrade....your upgrade follows the telephone number, just because you switched accounts doesn't mean the eligibility date is voided.

now, having given the official position, i would be willing to be that you have a pretty good shot at getting an early upgrade....i might advise that you go through customer care to get it rather than the stores...customer care tends to be more permissive.
    10-27-08 02:59 PM
    it's not that easy....your upgrade eligibility date is based on the last time you got a discount on a phone. usually, your contract end date is based on the same thing, but i work for verizon and i know there are times when you can actually be out of contract, but not be eligible for upgrade.

the assumption of liability is one example. you lucked out that the contract end date was changed to a early day, but i would be willing to be that your upgrade date in the system did not change.

there are certain promotions that we offer or other policies that will affect your contract date, but not your eligibility date.

per policy, you are eligible for a standard upgrade 10 months after your last subsidized phone purchase if you did a 1 year agreement...if you a did a 2yr agreement, then you have to wait 20 months for another standard upgrade or new every two upgrade....your upgrade follows the telephone number, just because you switched accounts doesn't mean the eligibility date is voided.

now, having given the official position, i would be willing to be that you have a pretty good shot at getting an early upgrade....i might advise that you go through customer care to get it rather than the stores...customer care tends to be more permissive.
    JD - thank you for ur time posting ur feedback. Great explanation and it definetely clearded a few questions I had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD