Ok we have had verizon service for a long time, just upgraded to blackberry curve. Now we all of sudden have horrible service. I get continuous call lost messages, with dropped calls on an every time I call someone. Signal is -110 it will go up to around -90 occassionally, but then goes right back down. I have tried updating the phone on a weekly basis (*228). My husband stopped in a verizon store, the service rep tried to tell him the leaves on the trees were affecting our signal.

Somebody help - the blackberry is flying through the room and hitting the wall as we speak!!!
    04-26-09 07:40 PM
    the blackberry is flying through the room and hitting the wall as we speak!!!
    Um..you probably shouldn't do that, insurance won't cover a replacement if you intentionally damage it...You should probably take it back to Verizon and get them to replace it or offer you something else.
    04-26-09 08:11 PM
    While leaves on a tree can affect signal, I doubt this is the problem. Like posted above call VZW and have them tech the account and device. This could be an issue with towers in your area that need to be looked at. Do you know other with VZW in your area? ask them if they are having the same issues. DOes not have to be a BB bad tower will affect calls on all phones
    04-26-09 08:27 PM
    Honestly this is what I do when I have that problem, and also when I speak with customers having it... pull the battery, wait 2 minutes and put it back in, then disable the radio (main screen, menu key, scroll down to manage connections and uncheck and recheck mobile network) and it should clear up.
    04-26-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD