Just curious, has anyone moved their services to VZW from Sprint? If so, have you noticed any "significant" changes with regards to call reliability, data speed, coverage areas?

Also, what's the chance of me getting unlimited 3G data? I don't care about LTE since none of my phones will have 4G LTE capabilities.

I did same price comparo's, and VZW will cost me an extra 15-20% a month. Worth it?
    08-16-12 10:58 AM
    I moved over from Sprint and the service for me 1000 times better. Changes of you getting unlimited 3G data, it won't happen.
    08-17-12 07:11 PM
    I moved from sprint after a very brief foray with them which I thought was sub par. Verizon is leaps and bounds better in every way except perhaps cost. I was on t-mobile before sprint and enjoyed their service for years. A very good provider and excellent call quality, no drops. I needed the reliability of service in back country areas and Verizon provided me with this reliability. I know sprint roams on Verizon and I thought this would be a workable arrangement, but found I was frequently in a poor sprint coverage area and yet could not trigger Verizon roaming since technically I was still covered by sprint. I grew tired of this real quick. Verizon is worth the extra cash/month for me.
    I doubt you'd be able to get unlimited data with them tho. Regarding the data speeds, I am on 3G only also because LTE hasn't made it here yet. I find the 3G speeds are related to time of day and which tower you happen to be using. My home base has very fluctuating speeds subject to how busy the tower is. Kind of sux. I'm holding out for 4G soon. I don't think Verizon's 3G speeds are what they used to be and the forum chatter going around regarding this coincides with what I'm experiencing.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-18-12 at 12:20 PM.
    08-18-12 12:15 PM
    I can qualify for a 17% discount through the company. So, maybe it's worth it to go with Verizon just for access to LTE and shared data. It'd be nice to turn my phone into a hotspot and connect my older gen iPad to it.
    08-18-12 12:25 PM
    I can qualify for a 17% discount through the company. So, maybe it's worth it to go with Verizon just for access to LTE and shared data. It'd be nice to turn my phone into a hotspot and connect my older gen iPad to it.
    Having a discount can help. I get a pretty smoking' deal myself and would
    pay more for less any place else.
    The hotspot is nice and with LTE speeds which I was able to experience twice my iPad really smokes. The LTE speed is great. A really big feature of Verizon for me is having the use of my phone in case of any emergency when in some very remote places it does not disappoint.
    08-18-12 12:33 PM
    Just curious, has anyone moved their services to VZW from Sprint? If so, have you noticed any "significant" changes with regards to call reliability, data speed, coverage areas?

Also, what's the chance of me getting unlimited 3G data? I don't care about LTE since none of my phones will have 4G LTE capabilities.

I did same price comparo's, and VZW will cost me an extra 15-20% a month. Worth it?
    As far as the unlimited data forget it, Sprint is the only provider who still has unlimited data plan. I would switch since their coverage is awesome and the 4G speed can't be beat. I just moved their from ATT and have no regrets, previously I was with Sprint for 11 years before going to ATT. I thought I would miss the unlimited data but what's the use having it if your gonna have slow speeds anyway, lol. Its a good move to go to Verizon!
    08-18-12 01:01 PM
    I'd rather have fast, limited LTE data speed than slow, unlimited 3G speed. haha

As far as the unlimited data forget it, Sprint is the only provider who still has unlimited data plan. I would switch since their coverage is awesome and the 4G speed can't be beat. I just moved their from ATT and have no regrets, previously I was with Sprint for 11 years before going to ATT. I thought I would miss the unlimited data but what's the use having it if your gonna have slow speeds anyway, lol. Its a good move to go to Verizon!
    08-18-12 01:07 PM
    Yeah there is a reason Verizon gets away with its pricing. If you drill down on side by side coverage maps, sprint has little or no coverage in rural areas where I am. Verizon does. I expect it is the same elsewhere.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-18-12 01:28 PM
    That was why I left Sprint, I got tired of trying to load a page and it would hang and disconnect. I am very happy now that I am with Verizon!
    08-18-12 01:30 PM
    I'd rather have fast, limited LTE data speed than slow, unlimited 3G speed. haha
    Exactly, I have never understood how unlimited super slow is better than limited super fast

I had a sprint phone for 12 days and the difference is night and day between the 2
    08-19-12 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD