I currently use an XV6700 (PocketPC with Windows Mobile) and am considering switching to the Curve (mainly because of the lack of stability of the PPC while synchronizing to an Exchange Server). I need the biggest screen possible, and I want a camera, GPS, and wifi. What's the situation with Verizon - which BlackBerry do I want, is it available on Verizon yet, and what features are different than on the BlackBerry website? I need help to make a decision to switch or not.

Mike
    01-30-08 09:32 PM
    right now, not all of that is available on one device. You would need to give up GPS or WiFi.

You probably need the 8320 with WiFi, and get a bluetooth gps puck.
    01-30-08 09:56 PM
    right now, not all of that is available on one device. You would need to give up GPS or WiFi.

You probably need the 8320 with WiFi, and get a bluetooth gps puck.
    I think I'm missing something. www. blackberrycurve. com /brains

seems to say wifi and GPS both. Am I misreading it or is it that this thing is not available on Verizon?

Mike
    01-30-08 10:06 PM
    If you read more into the details of those features is says that there is more than one version of the Curve. The original 8300 does not have GPS or wifi. The 8310 comes with GPS but not wifi. And the 8320 has wifi but not GPS. Also Verizon doesn't carry any of these models.
    01-30-08 10:13 PM
    Verizon also locks down the gps function on their phones. They want you to use ($) vznavigator. So no matter what model you get with gps it won't work like you think.
    01-31-08 06:27 AM
    my girlfriend want me to have her curve8320,butit wont work with no other sim card
    07-03-09 12:13 PM
    what can i do to get a defferent sim card to work in,defferent to the one she bought the phone with.
    07-03-09 12:23 PM
    I just simple happen to love the phone for its unique feature if i could get it to work for me i would be one of the most happiest person on earth
    07-03-09 12:29 PM
    if you're on verizon, wifi would be pretty useless since you have to get data so you'd have internet all the time anyway.

verizon disables gps on all their current blackberrys except for the storm (not sure what the situation with the tour will be like when it comes out though). if you're not in need of turn by turn directions, google maps does the job just fine. if you need turn by turn directions, go for vzw navigator, it's $10 a month.

or change your service provider. but like the previous posts say, there is not current blackberry that has gps AND wifi.
    07-03-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD