So I'm getting my Blackberry Tour replaced for probably the fifth time because of issues with the trackball and keyboard (I'm a clean freak and my hands are 99% of the time clean). The last time I went in to the store, they actually fixed the trackball but the process damaged my phone. My local store believes that the best way to fix a stuck trackball is to line post-it's on the table and rub the phone face down till all the dirt comes out. They've done this several times already and laugh while saying "Really, it works!".

When I went into the store the other day it was so busy that a girl from the back came out to the floor and assisted me. I explained whats wrong and she went into the back to "clean it". When she returned I instantly said thats not my phone and handed it back but she said it was the only phone she had taken to the back. I was so confused and thought perhaps while it was in my pocket my keys scratched it up? It didn't click in my mind until I was in the car. I called verizon and after being on hold for 6 minutes the girl asks "you wouldn't happen to know the number to the store would you?". I usually consider verizon to have top notch support but I guess everyone was a little off today. She noted my account and I went to another store where the rep was in shock that they actually did that. He apologized and replaced the phone for me.

So the replacement won't be here till Tuesday (it was the weekend but he said he'll get me free overnight so I don't have to wait even longer). My phone is almost un-useable so I've been throwing around the idea of just buying the new Bold but spending $180 on a phone and signing another year contract (Work Discount) for pretty much the same phone almost sounds pointless to me.

That doesn't leave much of a selection since the bold is the newest blackberry and the android phones just don't work for me. (didn't like the incredible). Would it be stupid to search for a new carrier? I use my phone a lot so it's an inconvenience to keep getting replacements.
    06-13-10 12:43 PM
    best option I have for you is to buy the Bold 9650. By far the best Blackberry I have ever owned. I came from the Tour as well, everything on the Bold is different then that of the Tour. Even the keyboard on the Bold is different in a good way on the Bold, and the OS is Golden.
    06-13-10 01:04 PM
    If you liked the Tour, you will LOVE the Bold 9650..
    06-13-10 01:12 PM
    Best option for you - avoid store locations.

I don't deal with any store for BlackBerry related issues. If you know about the phone and have done what you can to fix it, verify through the forums there are no other options, then call 800-922-0204 and let them send you a new device. While sometimes this can be a little bit of a pain in that you have to wait, atleast you are not handing your device to some stranger who doesn't know how to really assist you.

This is what I have always done when it comes to my smartphones, and it has worked out great for me.
    06-13-10 01:33 PM
    Best option for you - avoid store locations.

I don't deal with any store for BlackBerry related issues. If you know about the phone and have done what you can to fix it, verify through the forums there are no other options, then call 800-922-0204 and let them send you a new device. While sometimes this can be a little bit of a pain in that you have to wait, atleast you are not handing your device to some stranger who doesn't know how to really assist you.

This is what I have always done when it comes to my smartphones, and it has worked out great for me.
    I used to do that and then they started telling me that I HAVE to go into the store. They really gave me the run around with that.

Would anyone happen to know if I should wait till they ship the replacement out before I upgrade or? I still want a replacement if I'm going to go buy the bold
    06-13-10 01:40 PM
    If you are going to go buy the Bold, you can do that at any time, you don't have to wait for their replacement.

Also - if they are giving you the run around, tell them that you are too busy to get in the store and need to have the device shipped to you. I always tell them how horrid of an experience I have in the stores and they stop asking me to go and ship it to me.
    06-13-10 01:42 PM
    If you are going to go buy the Bold, you can do that at any time, you don't have to wait for their replacement.

Also - if they are giving you the run around, tell them that you are too busy to get in the store and need to have the device shipped to you. I always tell them how horrid of an experience I have in the stores and they stop asking me to go and ship it to me.
    Awesome, thanks! (y)
    06-13-10 01:45 PM
    No problem! Hope that all works out for you.

BTW - where in Jersey do you live?
    06-13-10 01:46 PM
    No problem! Hope that all works out for you.

BTW - where in Jersey do you live?
    Jackson. Home of six flags....sadly.
    06-13-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD