I recently moved from Northern Virginia to Ann Arbor, MI and have basically lost service on my Verizon Storm. I used to have perfect service almost anywhere I went in Virginia, even in my apartment which was a basement apartment. Now I live on in a first floor apartment and I can barely get 2 bars, actually I've never seen it go above 3. I lose calls all the time, I cant talk for 5 minutes without dropping the call. I also get emails and texts 5-10 minutes late sometimes. Could this be a problem with the storm not getting service in my new apartment or could it be a Verizon problem? I checked the coverage map but it said I was good.
    09-10-09 11:04 PM
    It could be something in the structure, or a coincidental failure in your phone.

If you walk outside, how far must you go to have full service?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 11:09 PM
    The same situation just happened to me..except it was with AT&T and my 3GS.

Even more sad.. I only moved about 15 miles.
    09-10-09 11:10 PM
    I heard *228+send, option 2 sometimes helps with that carrier. The phone may reset, but should not lose any data. Or try calling their tech support.Each carrier is different.

09-10-09 11:11 PM
    I went outside, walked around the neighborhood for a little and the service was really flaky. I guess I never really noticed it since i haven't used my phone much outside since I just moved here. It didnt seem like I got much better service outside, basically just stayed at 3 bars, sometimes going down to 2 or none. I tried the *228, ive been trying it for a couple of days, and nothing. I guess ill give Verizon a call tomorrow but it sucks that I might just have to switch cause im gonna be living here for a while.
    09-10-09 11:43 PM
    Since the Alltel merger I've had the same trouble. Didn't move and haven't had a problem in the 5 yrs with Verizon. They keep telling me its the merger causing problems and wait until its done.

So I just sit here and wonder, "Where's my people" they said I had?

09-11-09 08:19 AM
    That's the way the cookie crumbles. Does any of your friends that visit you have bad reception? Did u kindly ask a neighbor that happened to be walking by if they had bad reception and what carrier they have(w/o looking creepy).

Isolate the problem to the device or the carrier it will make it easier to diagnose.

Good luck and thank you for choosing Verizon
    09-11-09 10:13 AM
    Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless

This indicates you SHOULD have coverage. Put your address in for specifics.

If nothing more, they will likely send a replacement 9530. Give it a try.

Further, what OS are you running, if on .148 upgrading to .151 per instructions in the storm OS forum would be helpful. It has a much better radio.
    09-11-09 10:37 AM
    Im running 4.7.0.151. A lot of the other people I go to school with and live in the same complex as me have Iphones so I think at&t service is good here, my girlfriend was also here a couple of days ago and she has tmobile and she has good service. I really havent met any other people that have verizon so im not sure if its just my phone.
    09-11-09 02:05 PM
    That's the way the cookie crumbles. Does any of your friends that visit you have bad reception? Did u kindly ask a neighbor that happened to be walking by if they had bad reception and what carrier they have(w/o looking creepy).

Isolate the problem to the device or the carrier it will make it easier to diagnose.

Good luck and thank you for choosing Verizon
    thats the way the cookie crumbles? hahahahaha come to TMOBILE......wede love to have you
    09-14-09 01:01 PM
    thats the way the cookie crumbles? hahahahaha come to TMOBILE......wede love to have you
    Must be that time of the month where you come back around....
    09-14-09 01:05 PM
    nah just speaking the truth.....A1 customer service over on this side.......and I should know I came from VZW.....Im loving this 3G everywhere on my MT3G.......whats that...oh vzw doesnt have wifi/uma or an android phone yet.....oh ok
    09-14-09 02:12 PM
    You're a troll. Thats what a rep told me.
    09-14-09 02:16 PM
    I understand how you feel. I have like 2-3 bars here at my parents house but when I go into town..like 3 miles away from the house 4-5 bars 1XEVDO always!! I wish we lived back on that side of town lol. They have Tmobile so they never have service but man are they devoted tmobile customers! I used to be too until I realized I couldn't make phone calls
    09-14-09 02:18 PM
    thats what you get for buying a storm in the first place!!!
    09-16-09 10:08 AM
    I moved a few months ago and discovered I had no service at my new place. I can send texts most of the time, but forget about phone calls. I had a Curve at the time. I recently got a Storm and am having the same issues. I just checked the service locator and my address is 100% covered. I have to drive down the street to get enough bars to make a call.

Should I contact Verizon about this?
    09-16-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD