So, for the past year i have noticed a steady decline in the customer service at my local verizon store. With my last visit i realized that i really wanted to take action because i was so dissatisfied with how i was treated as a customer. I started writing after i calmed down a bit and now need somebody to look over and give suggestions on the letter. I feel like it is lacking a purpose, and im still not really sure what that purpose is... other than to let them know that im pissed (i guess)?

[Start]

I am writing to express my great dissatisfaction with your Verizon Wireless Branch located in -------------. When I visit Verizon Wireless it is either for technical support and troubleshooting, or to buy a brand new phone. Since I purchased my Blackberry Storm back in February of 09, my technical support visits have skyrocketed, which I learned to deal with. What I am not able to deal with however, is the deteriorating customer service and appreciation. I, as well as other customers, am regularly greeted at the door with rudeness and disrespect. It seems as if because I am a teenager, I am immediately regarded as another unknowledgeable complainer and pushed aside. This kind of attitude from your employees is not fair to me as a customer, no matter my age. I understand that your store sees a high volume of traffic each and every day, but this should not affect the staffs attitude and customer service.
    I was shocked by the way I was spoken to during my visit a few days ago, by not only one representative, but two. This was what finally prompted me to address the issue, not only for my benefit, but for all other customers who visit your store. If there were another Technical Service Center within a reasonable distance from my residence, rest assured, I would go there. However, the ------ location is the only choice.
    I am extremely interested to hear your input on the situation. I would greatly appreciate a response to this matter

[End]

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
    01-27-10 01:48 AM
    I'd say put what they said? Give names, you need details of the situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 02:14 AM
    I agree. You have purpose but no details.

01-27-10 02:43 AM
    Its a good start to your letter, and I think you are right to write to them to express your disatisfaction.

I would however leave out details about your age, as this should not bear any relevance to the level of service you receive from them.
    After all you are one of their customers and all their customers should be treated the same regardless of age or anything else.
    01-27-10 05:58 AM
    Vzw store managers are not always of any help either. My wife dropped her curve in a glass of lemonade. Yes it's her fault she does not deny that. She went to the store here in Albany, Ga and spoke to the store manager(who was an ***). Our contract is up for renewal in march and she asked if the was anyway she could go ahead and renew yesterday since it was only a month off. He told her the was nothing he could do but, sell her a phone @ full price or she could fill a insurance claim and wait for it to come in. We cut off our home phone due to the fact we never used it, my daughter has major allergies and my wife relies heavily on her phone. She gave the manager an ear full. Told him his only concern was selling her a phone @ full price and that's all, because that's all he would talk about. Not to mention while in the store my 4 yo daughter has to go potty, and the store manager wouldn't even let them in the back so she could go. I remember a time when cell companies would let you renew your contract any time. What has happened to trying to please customers.
    01-27-10 07:12 AM
    Often you are MUCH better off dealing with the Verizon call centers.
    01-27-10 09:04 AM
    Agreed, everytime I needed something, I call in. They will usually work with you and they are easier to work with than in the store.
    01-27-10 09:44 AM
    Vzw store managers are not always of any help either. My wife dropped her curve in a glass of lemonade. Yes it's her fault she does not deny that. She went to the store here in Albany, Ga and spoke to the store manager(who was an ***). Our contract is up for renewal in march and she asked if the was anyway she could go ahead and renew yesterday since it was only a month off. He told her the was nothing he could do but, sell her a phone @ full price or she could fill a insurance claim and wait for it to come in. We cut off our home phone due to the fact we never used it, my daughter has major allergies and my wife relies heavily on her phone. She gave the manager an ear full. Told him his only concern was selling her a phone @ full price and that's all, because that's all he would talk about. Not to mention while in the store my 4 yo daughter has to go potty, and the store manager wouldn't even let them in the back so she could go. I remember a time when cell companies would let you renew your contract any time. What has happened to trying to please customers.
    If you need a phone upgrade pushed calling in is much better. Even though the store is the SAME company, they will never push an upgrade. I still don't know why. Call in, you'll get a better response. Or e-mail them
    01-27-10 11:50 AM
    Its a good start to your letter, and I think you are right to write to them to express your disatisfaction.

I would however leave out details about your age, as this should not bear any relevance to the level of service you receive from them.
    After all you are one of their customers and all their customers should be treated the same regardless of age or anything else.
    The original poster mentioned he was a teenager. Contrary to what you say, age DOES matter. If he/she is not 18 and not authorized on the account, they are not a customer.

01-27-10 11:55 AM

What happened to people being careful with their belongings and following a company's policies? Wait, tell me how much you pay a month and how you should be entitled to it.

01-27-10 12:00 PM
    I would agree with everyone else and say that you need to include details. The more the better. Name names.

I would also consider maybe sending a copy of the letter to the call center. Sending it to the store may not be enough to accomplish anything. Perhaps, doing as someone else suggested and calling in, then ask for the fax number and ask that they file the letter for you?

Just suggestions.
    01-27-10 12:18 PM

Actually - as much as it shouldn't matter - it does. It's very sad. I am apparently a bit older than he is, i'm 23, but it still makes a difference. Gender makes a difference too. I can't tell you how many times i've been dismissed on issues such as this just because of my age and the fact that i'm a female. It's ridiculous in my opinion.
    01-27-10 12:24 PM
    The original poster mentioned he was a teenager. Contrary to what you say, age DOES matter. If he/she is not 18 and not authorized on the account, they are not a customer.

Courtesy matters whether they are a customer or not. Everyone who walks into that store falls into one of two categories, customer or potential customer. The teenager who is not authorized on the account will one day be shopping for a wireless carrier.

Courtesy is also a two way street. The store manager in GA should not have gotten an earful for adhering to the company policy which the customer agreed to when they signed up for service.
    Last edited by tgilmore16; 01-27-10 at 12:48 PM.
    01-27-10 12:46 PM
    So, for the past year i have noticed a steady decline in the customer service at my local verizon store. With my last visit i realized that i really wanted to take action because i was so dissatisfied with how i was treated as a customer. I started writing after i calmed down a bit and now need somebody to look over and give suggestions on the letter. I feel like it is lacking a purpose, and im still not really sure what that purpose is... other than to let them know that im pissed (i guess)?

[Start]

I am writing to express my great dissatisfaction with your Verizon Wireless Branch located in -------------. When I visit Verizon Wireless it is either for technical support and troubleshooting, or to buy a brand new phone. Since I purchased my Blackberry Storm back in February of ’09, my technical support visits have skyrocketed, which I learned to deal with. What I am not able to deal with however, is the deteriorating customer service and appreciation. I, as well as other customers, am regularly greeted at the door with rudeness and disrespect. It seems as if because I am a teenager, I am immediately regarded as another unknowledgeable complainer and pushed aside. This kind of attitude from your employees is not fair to me as a customer, no matter my age. I understand that your store sees a high volume of traffic each and every day, but this should not affect the staffs’ attitude and customer service.
    I was shocked by the way I was spoken to during my visit a few days ago, by not only one representative, but two. This was what finally prompted me to address the issue, not only for my benefit, but for all other customers who visit your store. If there were another Technical Service Center within a reasonable distance from my residence, rest assured, I would go there. However, the ------ location is the only choice.
    I am extremely interested to hear your input on the situation. I would greatly appreciate a response to this matter

[End]

You never said in the letter how you were mistreated or what was said to you, so essentially the letter says nothing.

If you need a phone upgrade pushed calling in is much better. Even though the store is the SAME company, they will never push an upgrade. I still don't know why. Call in, you'll get a better response. Or e-mail them
    Because they're not supposed to and they like staying employed.

Also have you tried the store manager? I would call them out to there face, I mean you are a paying customer. I usually do not deal with stores and call *611 in steed. Also consider seeing if you can get a new phone. If you get so many junk phones in a short time they sometimes give you a different phone.

Also I agree with the above, the more details the better, and use names.
    Those days are over.

They are not allowed to have anyone other than an employee in the back, it is a security policy. You can renew your contract at any time, doesn't mean you can get discounted phone at any time, and those good ol' days when you could never existed.
    ...and that's what a VZW rep told me.
    Last edited by bluerskyes; 01-27-10 at 02:59 PM.
    01-27-10 02:55 PM

[Start]

I am writing to express my great dissatisfaction with your Verizon Wireless Branch located in -------------. When I visit Verizon Wireless it is either for technical support and troubleshooting, or to buy a brand new phone. Since I purchased my Blackberry Storm back in February of 09, my technical support visits have skyrocketed, which I learned to deal with. What I am not able to deal with however, is the deteriorating customer service and appreciation. I, as well as other customers, am regularly greeted at the door with rudeness and disrespect. It seems as if because I am a teenager, I am immediately regarded as another unknowledgeable complainer and pushed aside. This kind of attitude from your employees is not fair to me as a customer, no matter my age. I understand that your store sees a high volume of traffic each and every day, but this should not affect the staffs attitude and customer service.

[End]

You have to give details on dates, problem type, sales rep's/manager's names, and results from those visits. Without tangible proof or a paper trail, you will have no substantial basis other than your personal dissatisfaction with VZW. If there are others who feel the same as you, please have them sign a petition and allow them to speak for themselves. The more you can get to sign that petition, the more VZW will look at your letter. Cut your details down to tangible matters, and take out the emotions and your letter will have a much deeper impact with the corporate representative who reads it.

My claim took about 2 days. I, too, rely heavily on my device and am on the field frequently, but, I understood the protocols and was patient. I also understood that under no circumstances is a VZW representative obligated to do anything not outlined in the existing contract.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-27-10 at 04:48 PM.
    01-27-10 04:42 PM
    Agree 100%! We have been with Verizon for years, I believe close to 7 now and I have stepped into their actual store maybe 3 times.
    01-27-10 04:53 PM
    Apparently they're more strict over there. The call centers have a bit more freedom on this, especially in cases where the customer does not have a phone available to use on the line.

That said, even a store should allow you to do a 1-year lost/stolen/damaged upgrade if you're phone-less, even just a month in. I realize it's a bit late for that one to be any use though.
    01-27-10 11:25 PM

I disagree... i do think age plays a big factor in the level of service received. And no, im not quite 18, but i am authorized on my parents account, so when i call i am able to make changes and whatnot (i dont know if that applies in-store). And i do not lie when i say that the (supposedly more knowledgeable) reps definitely act kinder to older people.

I really appreciate all the suggestions guys. I really cannot remember the names though, thats the problem, i guess i'll have to go back and look. I dont care if this takes me weeks to write, i want to get it perfect, and i want to get my point across.

As for the emotions suggestions, i didnt think i really had much anger in there, i held back a lot of frustration in that letter. But i do think its a legitimate suggestion.

Also, @pkcable, i dont think call centers are an alternative. When i need my phone fixed, i need it done right away most of the time... I have called for replacements a few times though and it does go alot smoother.

Thanks again guys.
    01-28-10 07:36 PM
    You need to be 18 to be legally authorized on the account.

01-28-10 09:11 PM
    To whom it may concern,

My name is Rizal and I have just sent my blackberry bold 9900 for repairs at Ixsun Sdn Bhd, Tropicana City Mall, Selangor, Malaysia today, 14 February 2014.

I wish to express my disappointment as this is not the first time I have encountered problems with my blackberry. This time around, i could not even switch on the phone, although i have tried replacing the battery, it does not work. Due to this, I have lost valuable data in my phone, not to mention the several times i need to send my blackberry for repairs as well as buying another spare phone due to this.

I have been using blackberry since 2008 and I have supported using blackberry up to today although I have heard many unfavourable responses towards the blackberry phone.

As such, I am really hoping that you would replace my bold 9900 to a new unit as I am seriously worried that the same problem will arise again with my phone, even after repairs. I trust you would not let your loyal customer in disappointment.
    02-14-14 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD