So I got my Bold when it launched. Between then and now, I have had 2 replacements and a 3rd is on its way. All have bricked due to software issues. The last replacement didn't even last a week. Took it to Verizon and they told me that I must have been "sent a bad phone. Oops. Sorry." Really, Big Red? Is there anything that I can/should do in order to end this madness? Or do I just have to deal with getting replacement phones until one comes that actually works?
    04-04-11 11:23 AM
    I haven't seen enough posts to conclude there is any generic problem with the Bold 9650. Are you experiencing the problem with the OS that comes on the phone, or are you having problems after installing a different OS?
    04-04-11 11:30 AM
    Could be a 3rd Party app also, which apps are you using? And are you connecting to a BES, that is are you connecting to your work's server?
    04-04-11 11:40 AM
    The last 2 replacements came with OS6. Not connecting to BES. Only apps I had on the last one were foursquare, Iheartradio, and Blackberry Traffic from the beta zone. Updated app world, phone rebooted, ....almost. The load bar stopped, but wouldn't boot.
    04-06-11 11:54 AM
    I'm not using OS 6 yet. It seems unlikely you'd get two defective replacement phones, but I don't know any other explanation for your problem.
    04-06-11 12:17 PM
    I'm not using OS 6 yet. It seems unlikely you'd get two defective replacement phones, but I don't know any other explanation for your problem.
    I had several defective replacement phones from Sprint all in a row. It wasn't the Bold but mine was a Curve and I had the same problems. Software issues and I didn't have 3rd party apps on mine other than Yahoo messenger and Google talk.
    04-11-11 12:54 PM
    I doubt it's a "normal" occurance.
    04-11-11 02:46 PM
    The last 2 replacements came with OS6. Not connecting to BES. Only apps I had on the last one were foursquare, Iheartradio, and Blackberry Traffic from the beta zone. Updated app world, phone rebooted, ....almost. The load bar stopped, but wouldn't boot.
    I am on my second Bold and my first was a FRU, replacing a Tour. VZW insisted on replacing my first Bold due to some random reboots I was experiencing after I updated to OS6. Nothing wrong with either phone and a hybrid PRL fixed the random reboot issue. I run a bunch of different apps but none that you mention, except AppWorld.

However, it looks like your issue comes up when you update AppWorld. I remember others reporting this same issue in the 9650 threads. I guess I was lucky and did not have the issue. I would search the threads and see if a fix was found. There is a possibility you have to delete the old AppWorld and then install the update. The problem is with the app and not your Bold.
    04-12-11 06:44 PM
    Delete the old appworld, reboot. Then delete any of the appworld related folders on the device memory or sdcard.

Then install the new appworld.
    04-12-11 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD