So here's the deal. Had Verizon for a long time, switched to AT&T to give iPhone a shot. iPhone, awesome, battery life sucks, and reception (even in NYC / metro area) is horrible. I've had more dropped calls on AT&T over past 2 1/2 weeks than EVER with Verizon.

So here's my question. I'm down in Myrtle Beach, and I have my curve with me. I called to port my number back into Verizon, and they set me up with a Curve 2 for $9.99 shipped to my house (NYC). They said they can't hook my old curve up I have to wait for the curve 2 to arrive.
    -I'm curious, if I use my curve and push the *228 could I activate the original curve until I go home then do it again with the curve 2?
    05-13-10 09:56 PM
    Unless the old ESN is blocked for some reason, it does not make sence to me that you could not activate the old curve on the account. Did the port complete yet?
    05-14-10 10:10 AM
    The last two BB phones I had to call customer service and give them the IME number to activate the phone. Once they had the IME number I dialed *228 to activate it while on the phone with customer service
    05-14-10 07:03 PM
    So here's the deal. Had Verizon for a long time, switched to AT&T to give iPhone a shot. iPhone, awesome, battery life sucks, and reception (even in NYC / metro area) is horrible. I've had more dropped calls on AT&T over past 2 1/2 weeks than EVER with Verizon.

So here's my question. I'm down in Myrtle Beach, and I have my curve with me. I called to port my number back into Verizon, and they set me up with a Curve 2 for $9.99 shipped to my house (NYC). They said they can't hook my old curve up I have to wait for the curve 2 to arrive.
    -I'm curious, if I use my curve and push the *228 could I activate the original curve until I go home then do it again with the curve 2?
    you should be able to just give them the ESN of the curve 1 you have with you and they can activate it right away. if you have a computer, you can even do it yourself from their website.
    05-14-10 08:49 PM
    save your time. myrtle beach has 0 3g for verizon
    05-14-10 10:46 PM
    save your time. myrtle beach has 0 3g for verizon
    I don't have VZW, but I find that odd that VZW has 0 3g in MB. I live in MB and my buddy has the 9700 and his phone always has a 3g on the screen for signal. I realize that ATT is not VZW but I just find it odd that VZW would not be equal in that aspect for this area.
    Last edited by ickmule; 05-15-10 at 04:13 PM.
    05-15-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD