Hi all,

I ported my number out of Verizon this week while my Tour was still active on my account (prob should have done this in a different sequence... you'll see what I mean).

I want to sell my Tour to recoup the ETF, but they have told me that the MEID won't clear until the 23rd of the month (end of billing cycle).

My account has always been paid in full & on time, and I offered to make an immediate (advance) payment of the ETF + final month's bill to the account, to show that I was not going to take off like a deadbeat.

It seems that since I ported my number out, my account has been "suspended" (rep's words) and I can't get them to swap the tour for an old dumbphone ESN.

Are they just giving me the run around (understandably, since it seems there's a few people who take off without coughing up the ETF), or is there really no alternative until the 23rd? I'd like to get the phone sold before the holidays/new year, since I'll be traveling a bit.

Can anyone in-the-know confirm that this info is accurate, or tell me of any other solutions? Thanks.

Also, if the MEID is locked, does that *also* mean the PIN is locked? I confirmed that my BIS account has been shut down by trying to log in. (I'm wondering this because if a T-Mo or ATT user wants the Tour now, the MEID really doesn't matter, just the PIN.)
    12-08-09 09:52 PM
    both numbers matter. if you cancelled the bis account this frees the pin, as for the MEID, what they tell you true, you may want to talk with a supervsior to see if there is anything they can do. be nice and do not get angry, this will help your cause
    12-09-09 05:21 AM
    When you want to disconnect your service, or port out...Your account stays active until the final day of the bill cycle. We bill in full month increments
    12-09-09 09:00 AM
    thanks for the responses.

I gave it another shot today, but the rep insisted that she was completely blocked from making any changes, and that a supervisor would also also be locked out.

I do see this covered in the customer agreement, so I guess I've just got to hang on till the end of my cycle:
    Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.... If you port a number from us, we'll treat it as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that number.

On the upside, I've always been happy with their coverage and customer service, and look forward to returning down the road when prices, handsets, and features are a little more in line with what I'm looking for.
    12-09-09 08:28 PM
    thanks for the responses.

I gave it another shot today, but the rep insisted that she was completely blocked from making any changes, and that a supervisor would also also be locked out.

I do see this covered in the customer agreement, so I guess I've just got to hang on till the end of my cycle:
    Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.... If you port a number from us, we'll treat it as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that number.

On the upside, I've always been happy with their coverage and customer service, and look forward to returning down the road when prices, handsets, and features are a little more in line with what I'm looking for.
    +1 on reading the agreement.
    12-09-09 09:23 PM
    both numbers matter. if you cancelled the bis account this frees the pin, as for the MEID, what they tell you true, you may want to talk with a supervsior to see if there is anything they can do. be nice and do not get angry, this will help your cause
    So I now have a TMo/ATT user who wants the device. Can you clarify why the MEID matters on GSM? (Wouldn't it just be the IMEI?) 50% my own sheer curiosity, 50% wanting to confirm this won't work.

Also, I've pasted the screenshot below that I get from my BIS log-in attempt. So does that msg mean the PIN can be used on another BIS account at this point?
    12-10-09 01:21 PM
    The PIN will probably need to be released also. I think you are just going to have to wait. It's possible your buyer can use it as JUST a phone, but for data the PIN will need to be released (not this is different than unlocking the phone).
    12-10-09 01:59 PM
    got it. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.
    12-10-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD