I'm a new bb storm user and love it. I'd like to download the OS upgrade but get an insufficient memory error. I need to delete 4MB of memory.

I've removed all media stuff and not sure what else to remove (don't have any apps either). I'm hoping there's something similar to Windows Explorer where I can just navigate to useless files and delete them.

How can I view what is on the device memory?

If another thread answers this, can you please provide a quick link?
    06-01-09 03:57 PM
    Go to media, press your BB button, select explore. That'll give you access to your device memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:59 PM
    Thanks, there's nothing in my media. I clicked on the System folder and found the 18MB movie trailer that comes pre-downloaded with the storm. How can I delete that (I don't see a delete option when I push bb button and can't find it elsewhere)
    06-01-09 04:06 PM
    You can't without doing a hard reset. Use your desktop manager to run a backup and then do the hard reset.

06-01-09 04:10 PM
    Sorry for a simple question, what's a hard reset? (if there's another thread you can point me to, that's great)

Also, I think most of the memory is e-mail storage. Is there a way to remove e-mails from my device without deleting them from the server?
    06-01-09 04:14 PM
    You need to either take the battery out or install an app like autopull. Not sure what the button combo is but on my WE left alt+right shift+del does a reset. You could always try that.

06-01-09 06:44 PM
    Also, I think most of the memory is e-mail storage. Is there a way to remove e-mails from my device without deleting them from the server?
    Most email setups will allow you to selectively delete from server & device or device only. Unfortunately, BlackBerry Mail doesn't allow it.

06-01-09 08:20 PM
    I had the same problem. So I called vwz rep and had them wipe my bb storm to factory spec and I was able to upgrade the new os. First step is advance option second is security third is general setting then hit yur bb button and press option. U should get a word saying wipe handheld. Click on that and type in blackberry. But u should bak up yur stuff first. Good luck

06-03-09 02:01 AM
    Sorry bout that skipped that advance option part go straight to security after u click on option icon

06-03-09 02:05 AM
    I'm a new bb storm user and love it. I'd like to download the OS upgrade but get an insufficient memory error. I need to delete 4MB of memory.

I've removed all media stuff and not sure what else to remove (don't have any apps either). I'm hoping there's something similar to Windows Explorer where I can just navigate to useless files and delete them.

How can I view what is on the device memory?

If another thread answers this, can you please provide a quick link?
    Use BBFileScout to delete all sample media and ringtones you are not using. You can find the link in my sig along with Shrink-A-OS which will shrink your OS by deleting preloaded software and programs you dont use/need.

Are you trying to install OS OTA? I would recommend downloading OS manually with DM and then run Shrink-A-OS

If you want an even better performing OS experience give Lyricidal's hybrid a try, link also in my sig.

Good Luck!
    06-03-09 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD