12-23-14 11:55 AM
44 12
tools
    Chen himself said the Passport would be an AT&T exclusive. He didn't specify how long that exclusivity period would last but I'm thinking he meant forever. So Verizon will get the Classic to counter AT&T having Passport.
    AT&T's Passport exclusive is exactly the same as Verizon's Z30 one. No other carrier wanted it, I'm still banking on the fact Verizon is holding out for the Classic like many others before completely jumping ship.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-30-14 03:37 PM
    I bailed on BB and my Bold over a year ago because of apps I needed for business that were on android but not BB. Now the only business app I can't get on BB is Officecalendar and they indicate they're not writing a BB10 mobile app. But I believe I can work around the problem by having my staff send me an invite via email when they book an appt for me when I'm out of the office and then syncing live when I return. Not perfect and not what I want to do but I'm sick of typing long, detailed, technical emails on a virtual keyboard, I don't care who makes it. I'll buy a Classic as soon as Verizon offers it then use the grace period to be sure it works for me. I will be massively disappointed if it doesn't because I'll have to skulk back to the android. Mr. Chen & Mr. Verizon, please don't let me down!
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 11-03-14 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Typo. This ain't a BB keyboard I'm using.
    11-03-14 07:12 PM
    Heard from some higher ups at VZW that no new blackberry devices will be introduced by Verizon. They will be lucky to hold on to the current models going into 2015 from what I have been told.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:22 PM
    I got another one for ya......the Z30 has been retired by Verizon. lol

Heard from some higher ups at VZW that no new blackberry devices will be introduced by Verizon. They will be lucky to hold on to the current models going into 2015 from what I have been told.

Posted via CB10

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    11-06-14 01:17 PM
    It has been removed again?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:29 PM
    I got another one for ya......the Z30 has been retired by Verizon. lol

It's been brought back in stock.

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=2hSSgOg7
    11-06-14 06:00 PM
    My point is....even when Verizon says something isn't gonna happen sometimes it does lol. I find it very hard to believe Verizon is dropping the BlackBerry phone line. We see we see

It has been removed again?

Posted via CB10

11-07-14 08:47 AM
    They need more customers.

I just tweeted Verizon and referenced how AT&T will have it first, but asked why there hasn't been any mention if Verizon will carry it. The odd thing is, that AT&T tweeted me back and told me that they will be carrying it and to stay tuned for more information. WOW, I'm not even an AT&T customer and they responded faster than Verizon did, that's lame.

heepman likes this.
    11-07-14 08:48 AM
    I just called Verizon on Friday and was quoted they carry q10, z10 and z30. No mention of z30 going away.
    If u had called 2 weeks ago the z30 was a retired phone for life. Remember...

11-17-14 06:09 AM
    Crossing my fingers for the Classic on Verizon!
    11-17-14 08:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    And this your first post....

BlackBerry hates America!
    11-20-14 12:25 PM
    Based on the specifications for the new BlackBerry phones, neither one will run on any provider whose network is CDMA. So, major carriers like Verizon won't be offering the phone simply because it can't be used on their network.

Those of us who have carriers whose network relies on CDMA will either have to change providers or hope that BlackBerry comes out with a version of these new phones that run on CDMA. The later remains to be seen. Would be hard to believe that the company, in the state that it's in, would cut off a segment of its potential customer base by not releasing a CDMA compatible version of the phone.. Although, that having been said, they may be catering to markets where the networks aren't CDMA.
    12-04-14 03:01 PM
    Based on the specifications for the new BlackBerry phones, neither one will run on any provider whose network is CDMA. So, major carriers like Verizon won't be offering the phone simply because it can't be used on their network.

Those of us who have carriers whose network relies on CDMA will either have to change providers or hope that BlackBerry comes out with a version of these new phones that run on CDMA. The later remains to be seen. Would be hard to believe that the company, in the state that it's in, would cut off a segment of its potential customer base by not releasing a CDMA compatible version of the phone.. Although, that having been said, they may be catering to markets where the networks aren't CDMA.
    I can only assume Verizon will have the Classic as its not been announced. But the Classic will be available on cdma. Just copied this from BlackBerry's Classic Pre-Order page:

"Register for updates

Sign up to be notified by email of availability and to receive information on BlackBerry products and services

The BlackBerry Classic will be available for both GSM and CDMA networks. Additional information will be shared on December 17th at the BlackBerry Classic launch."
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 12-04-14 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Typo. This ain't a BB keyboard I'm using.
    12-04-14 06:49 PM
    Would be hard to believe that the company, in the state that it's in, would cut off a segment of its potential customer base by not releasing a CDMA compatible version of the phone.
    I think it's the other way around. BBerry cannot build a general CDMA phone that would work on either VZ or Sprint, unless the carriers ordered it as a branded device. They won't allow unbranded phones.
    12-04-14 07:21 PM
    My feed died half way through. Did they say if Verizon is getting it?

12-17-14 11:25 AM
    I think it's the other way around. BBerry cannot build a general CDMA phone that would work on either VZ or Sprint, unless the carriers ordered it as a branded device. They won't allow unbranded phones.
    Federal law or policy forces them to take any phone now, but I don't think it applies to every band they operate on. So you would get a degradation of service probably.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:37 AM
    Federal law or policy forces them to take any phone now, but I don't think it applies to every band they operate on. So you would get a degradation of service probably.

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't. Read the law!

It allows for phones to be unlocked and does nothing to force any carrier to allow any phone.

http://www.cnet.com/news/president-s...bill-into-law/

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-18-14 10:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    What the law does is say that if you want to LEAVE a carrier no one can stop you from unlocking your phone and going. It does NOT require another carrier to take that phone on their network. This law undoes the lame Library of Congress weird reading of the digital copywriter law saying branded cell phones could not be unlocked without the carrier's permission. In others words, we're back where we started, post Apple/at&t anti-trust law suits.
    12-18-14 01:11 PM

AT&T, Verizon and other carriers confirm they will sell the BlackBerry Classic | CrackBerry.com
    Dave Liao likes this.
    12-23-14 11:55 AM
44 12