04-18-09 03:25 PM
685 ... 25262728
tools
    yeah, I have to agree

that's pretty ******* impressive
    04-17-09 06:04 PM
    This is a new argument frm you Twins... Its getting interesting
    It isn't new at all. Several of us have mentioned data security & the PDEs before - many times, in fact.

It is just new for this section of this page. Read back & you shall find.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 06:04 PM
    all from the WAP forums too! Truly impressive if I do say so myself
    If truly omnipotent, I'd have made it in time to split you & Kevon up. Then again, who am I to come between the two of you?

Posted from my proudly VZW CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 06:06 PM
    Verizon probably gave you a superfast super efficiant prototype device!

U KNOW, CONSIDERING tHAT THEY LIKE YOU SO MUCH FOR DEFENDING THEIR EVERY MOVE
    04-17-09 06:08 PM
    look at that, I had to type so fast just to get that in and it came out in all caps! LOL

I need a drink! Phew!
    04-17-09 06:09 PM
    I still don't understand at what point you think you can WIN a class action suit. I'm sorry Rican but your like talkin to a brick wall. Did you or did you not sign the agreement. At what point did verizon force you to sign that contract. On top of that, they gave you 30 days to back out of this agreement. You should know that in law, that signature is a pretty powerful thing.
    04-17-09 06:15 PM
    I still don't understand at what point you think you can WIN a class action suit. I'm sorry Rican but your like talkin to a brick wall. Did you or did you not sign the agreement. At what point did verizon force you to sign that contract. On top of that, they gave you 30 days to back out of this agreement. You should know that in law, that signature is a pretty powerful thing.
    RM likes being the ball bouncing against brick walls.

And I enjoy doing the bouncing.

04-17-09 06:56 PM
    RM likes being the ball bouncing against brick walls.

And I enjoy doing the bouncing.

I like his fight. But say the class action suit could be won (which it can't). What damages would occur. All loses would be past on to the customer in one way or another hurting all verizon customers.

If there was enough people to cry about it....which I don't think there is....then your best bet is to stop buying their products.
    04-17-09 07:09 PM
    I like his fight. But say the class action suit could be won (which it can't). What damages would occur. All loses would be past on to the customer in one way or another hurting all verizon customers.

If there was enough people to cry about it....which I don't think there is....then your best bet is to stop buying their products.
    I agree. I've tried pointing out that the vast majority of VZW customers couldn't care less about GPS or WiFi.

Did my own informal (and unscientific) poll when this thing first broke out here. Asked family - dad said no, he has enough things telling him where to go from standalone GPS units to Streets & Trips on his laptop to nav systems in the car & motorhome. His brother said ditto to that. My mother couldn't care less - she hates electronic crutches & feels people who use calculators & GPS are lazy or stupid. The techies at the shop also couldn't care less. My IT guys laugh at the idea of anyone ever wanting full GPS on a traceable two-way device. Everyone in the office who works with and for me has a degree and the blue-collars we have here are no dummies either. Out of maybe 25 or 30 people around me, I found exactly two who thought it'd be cool - two of my kids. So I let them use my pucks, they got bored after a few hours and didn't use them again. They said the screen was too small & the responses too slow.

The pucks work well, but I don't like them much. Seven to seventeen inch screens work so much better.

04-17-09 07:44 PM
    signature is not the end all to everything! Microsoft could of just said HEY, this is our product! Take it or leave it!

didn't quite go that way hmmmm
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-17-09 at 08:01 PM.
    04-17-09 07:57 PM

I didn't start the thread! All I ever stated was that I would support the idea of a law suit! What damages? None! Just a change in practice for the future... u know? Same way the court fixed their ETF non-sense! And they will not pass fees to the customer! They would have to eat it up! Same way the competition eats it up currently! Verizon is known to be slightly more expensive than the competition! Any more expense and they will not sustain customers. I don't think they will flirt with that as base prices are set based on a lot of facters, mostly in what the market will sustain. Its all the same way as when the blocking MP3s as ring tones was stopped, they didn't raise prices to counter their losses. They just end up with slightly less richer CEOs which frankly in my book IS A OK!

But hey, its their network right? That signature is a powerful thing right? Think again!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-17-09 at 08:07 PM.
    04-17-09 08:00 PM
    This is a contract nation BUT...... just like ETF fees being dropped, any contract can be void if its based on unfair market practices! The Government sometimes brings its own law suits, but many times, its the people who bring it and then the result extends to the entire industry!
    04-17-09 08:10 PM
    I just tried it. In the other hand I wished that I didn't!
    So now apply that to a class action suit against VZW for locking GPS.
    04-18-09 12:49 AM
    I didn't start the thread! All I ever stated was that I would support the idea of a law suit! What damages? None! Just a change in practice for the future... u know? Same way the court fixed their ETF non-sense! And they will not pass fees to the customer! They would have to eat it up! Same way the competition eats it up currently! Verizon is known to be slightly more expensive than the competition! Any more expense and they will not sustain customers. I don't think they will flirt with that as base prices are set based on a lot of facters, mostly in what the market will sustain. Its all the same way as when the blocking MP3s as ring tones was stopped, they didn't raise prices to counter their losses. They just end up with slightly less richer CEOs which frankly in my book IS A OK!

But hey, its their network right? That signature is a powerful thing right? Think again!
    I can't even argue with you anymore and I'm not going too. You've been buried multiple times on this thread and you make things up to often. Your arguing just cause you don't want to concede your wrong. That's ok.....I just wanna know the last time you signed a contract when you bought a computer. Roll your eyes and lose your lawsuit...it's fine with me.
    04-18-09 01:17 AM
    You haven't proven anything that I have said to be wrong except to say that it is wrong.

What's your reasoning here... you saying it, so it must be so?
    04-18-09 10:16 AM
    You haven't proven anything that I have said to be wrong except to say that it is wrong.

What's your reasoning here... you saying it, so it must be so?
    I shouldve know you would be the 666th reply in this thread.

04-18-09 11:49 AM
    Did you ask verizon reps about full support GPS before you bought it ?? that is a big question.

my advice is ask the reps everything first before you bought it. if not, then you ended up getting duped by paying $ 9.99 for this GPS for nothing.
    04-18-09 11:59 AM
    I shouldve know you would be the 666th reply in this thread.

U have to stay away from those WAP forums... re read the # and try again
    04-18-09 01:19 PM
    [QUOTE=Oilersboy;2316093]Did you ask verizon reps about full support GPS before you bought it ?? that is a big question.[QUOTE]

Nope... not much of a big question. A company can't do whatever it wants simply because you signed a contract. We learned this with the elimination of ETF fees
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-18-09 at 01:59 PM.
    04-18-09 01:27 PM
    This is a contract nation BUT...... just like ETF fees being dropped, any contract can be void if its based on unfair market practices! The Government sometimes brings its own law suits, but many times, its the people who bring it and then the result extends to the entire industry!
    complain, and moan all you want. You know guys, in this sue happy nation we live in you would think you would just give it up. You know why there are contracts on cell phone plans??? Have you ever looked at the ACTUAL retail price of a cell phone or a blackberry???? If there were no contracts NO ONE would have cell service because no one could afford CELL PHONES... The reason we can get a Blackberry for $100 is because they make up the differance in our monthly service. They give you a $400 discount on a phone and your complaining about $120 a YEAR?????????????

Shoooosh already!
    04-18-09 01:38 PM
    complain, and moan all you want. You know guys, in this sue happy nation we live in you would think you would just give it up. You know why there are contracts on cell phone plans??? Have you ever looked at the ACTUAL retail price of a cell phone or a blackberry???? If there were no contracts NO ONE would have cell service because no one could afford CELL PHONES... The reason we can get a Blackberry for $100 is because they make up the differance in our monthly service. They give you a $400 discount on a phone and your complaining about $120 a YEAR?????????????

Shoooosh already!
    while I agree with u that abusing the courts has gotten out of hand, that doesn't warrant the opinion of opposing ALL lawsuits across the board, which seems like you are in favor of

I would also add that no new model blackberry sells for $100 bucks! lol! With that, are you seriously trying to tell me that carriers are losing money??? The.... $9.99 for GPS,, no wifi, $3 MP3 practicing carrier lose money??? LOL

My My! Aren't we a little nieve!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-18-09 at 02:04 PM.
    04-18-09 02:01 PM
    U have to stay away from those WAP forums... re read the # and try again
    Actually, at #667, you are reply #666. The OP is included n the count - but the comment is still a stretch. I understand your point that Verizon doesn't have an iron-clad defense just because of a signed contract. Cases like this are won very often, particularly when "unfair practices" are involved. Verizon is disabling an existing function of the device and is charging to re-enable it. That is not much of a service. Just my 2 cents.
    04-18-09 02:17 PM
    Nieve???? How's that lawsuit comin along?
    04-18-09 02:26 PM
    Actually, at #667, you are reply #666. The OP is included n the count - but the comment is still a stretch. I understand your point that Verizon doesn't have an iron-clad defense just because of a signed contract. Cases like this are won very often, particularly when "unfair practices" are involved. Verizon is disabling an existing function of the device and is charging to re-enable it. That is not much of a service. Just my 2 cents.
    at 666, he copied my statement, but its shchasm's reply #! Or I'm I blind? lol
    04-18-09 02:34 PM
    Nieve???? How's that lawsuit comin along?
    VERY WELL ACTUALLY! Soon you all will all enjoy true GPS, just like the storm! Just wait and see... Thank you very much!

ohhh, and our lawyer added a special request to the judge! Once it becomes capable throughout, to make sure Verizon keeps the lock on shchasm's device since he supports the lockdown so much!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-18-09 at 02:38 PM.
    04-18-09 02:35 PM
685 ... 25262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD